“Rough Start” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #51 of 234 Hotels in Da Nang
Chicago
“Rough Start”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

I checked in and the woman asked me for my passport and then had someone show me to my room right away. I said, can I have my passport back and she said you will come back and get it. Not the most convenient to go up, back down and them bring the passport back to my room. I asked for a map and was handed one without a word. The location is very central. The room was as expected and clean. When I checked out, the woman was talking on the phone the whole time while processing my check out. Fine for a short stay and of
you don't need a lot of help from the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Hong kong
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

just lately booked the hotel second time, obviously they like to bargain even you confirmed the room rate before you come.
but this time much worse. i usually travel in central vietnam and take Da nang as a base. this week i make a phone call a day earlier before i arrive . i gave my name , expected eta at hotel, how long i will stay , and told me have room USd 20 for single room including breadfast.....but when i check in it turns a different story.

"Sorry! i didnt find your record, let me check the staff...she said never receive my call.," i didnt bring bring card for any hotel, i just press a call logo, the info from google search , i dont think a wrong dail and i talked to a ghost for all info and that confirmed my booking.

i believe it just a tricks to raise, then they said have one room left ,
it cost US 40, then cut to 30, its ok i let them keep such room rather i offer my money to let them earn in this way. its a matter of sincere in providing true service to guest. USd 30 i make turn just around thecorner s of street already can get similar hotel. ..Never come back again. you can take if think over price service is acceptable.

• Stayed July 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights. It was a well presented hotel. The staff were really friendly and helped us with any question or problem we had. The rooms were clean. Breakfast was good too with a choice of vietnamese or western cuisine. The hotel was close to all the nighlife and the waterfront. This was definitly the best hotel that I stayed in Vietnam.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

First I'm a Vietnamese and I'm from Hanoi, going to Da Nang as my summer vacation with my family. I stayed in Dai A hotel for two nights. The room is very clean and has all fundamental equipment that you would need for a short trip. You can choose to have a breakfast with only $2.5 or 50,000vnd but I don't because I want to discover more about Da Nang cuisine that you rarely find in Hanoi. If you are a foreigners, the prices for breakfast included in total price. Therefore, if you don't want this breakfast, the total price may reduce a little bit (I recommend asking the receptionist for details).
The location of the hotel is great. It's in the city center and very near to Han River or Bach Dang Street where you could walk and see the beauty of Da Nang at night.
In addition, I fully satisfied with 2 receptionists in this hotel. They are very friendly and helpful to give you more information about interesting places in Da Nang or to direct you to where you want to go.
In conclusion, it's worth for spending about $23 per night (without breakfast) to stay in this hotel. I strongly recommend!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very centrally located and our room was very tidy and spacious.

The staff were friendly and breakfast was cooked to order and nicely done.

The only thing stopping me giving this a 5 is that the bed was very hard and the room wasn't well insulated for noise. However from what I understand this is par for the course in Vietnam.

• Stayed June 2013
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

This hotel was a bit of a disappointment in terms of the quality of the rooms - we got a room in the older part of the hotel, but what do you expect when booking on a discounted site, right? The room was just a bit old, but it was large. The windows weren't very noise-proof which wasn't great when the construction on the skyscraper across the street picked up at around 7am.

Beyond the antiquity and noise, the room was just fine. A bit overpriced IMO.

The breakfast was very good, though, and the hotel's location is pretty central on the river side of Da Nang. It's not very close to the beach, so if you are more interested in hitting the sand then you might want to consider a place east of the river.

Room Tip: Apparently they have new, updated rooms - get one of those.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

At the time of writing this review, this hotel was ranked 13 out of 92, however I surely can't understand why. We arrived in Danang and went to the hotel counter where it seemed everyone was to above us to help us. Granted the hotel is fairly well located near the river, especially for the price, so if you don't care about service at all and just want a small room that's close to the river, then this may be fine for you. We did also have a plethora of tiny little ants also in our room, which was irritating to say the least, but not the worst. This is the perfect example of you get what you pay for although we found amazing hotels in Hanoi and Hue for the same price, so I'm not really sure how to justify it. Anyway, you be the judge.

• Stayed June 2013