Free cancellation until 22/07
US$671
US$566
Priceline
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$637/night.

US$493
TripAdvisor
A La Carte(Da Nang)
A La Carte Da nang
  • Beachfront
All reviewscafe suaminutes walking to the beachfree bicyclescomfortable hotelair conditionervietnamese coffeephoswimming poolusdproselevatorrooftopsleepdesignflooramenitiesbreakfast
Reviewed 5 June 2018

Overall the staff were very friendly and helpful and it was a pleasure having them around to help with local knowledge.

The prior reviews I had read for this hotel regarding breakfast made me think I might be concerned before arrival - but that was not the case; many of the issues had already been resolved. The food was good - a hot buffet offering western as well as asian choices. Hot breakfasts (eg omelette or fried eggs, pho) prepared on the terrace next to the dining area. For guests with western tastes there are cereals, bread and rolls with butter and jam, or cheese, and a choice of juices. Coffee (pour your own cafe sua da) is available from a hotplate, or ask for ice to make your own iced coffee. Plain bread was available but a toaster would have been ideal to allow one to make toast.

The room was clean, and the pool on the roof (beside the breakfast terrace and dining rooms) was clean and perfect for relaxing in. Another plus point is that the Wifi connection was not too slow at all (averaging about 5 Mbps down, 1.2 Mbps up, and 120 ms latency). Convenient for restaurants and street food (on Morrison, Pham Van Dong and side streets close by). Vincom Plaza (for Vinmart Supermarket) beside Han Bridge a short walk away,

I only had 2 issues:-

Safe Deposit Box : I wanted to use safe deposit box in room. Instructions for use in English were printed out by reception staff. The problem was that the first instruction was extremely misleading asking to 'press the red button to the left of the keypad'. There was no red button. After housekeeping had sorted out the password reset procedure I realised it probably was a translation error. If that first sentence were to read something like 'Press the Reset button that is hidden from view in the side panel closest to the door hinge behind the door' then the rest of the instructions make sense. Oh, and use at least 5 digits for the password. 4 digits don't work.

Currency exchange: Reception does change currency, but only USD. Note that they don't change EUROs. At the time of writing the USD exchange rate at the airport (22,700 VND = 1 USD) was more favorable than that offered by the hotel (22,000 VND = 1 USD for amounts > 100 USD). There is an ATM beside Agribank at the junction of Le Van Quy and Pham. I changed euros at the Agribank.

Room Tip: The 'executive' room had a desk (unexpected but welcome feature). Electrical outlets were 2 pin round (Type C), european compatible.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed in Apartment room in 5 nights.
It's very beautiful with French decoration. The room is spacious with 3 windows, a sofa set and a kitchen. Very comfortable to stay.
The swimming pool on rooftop has a good view. The breakfast restaurant nexts to the swimming pool and food quality was improved too much. Most of issues about breakfast mentioned in the previous reviews were resolved.
The staffs are very friendly that made me feel like at home.
Finally, it was my comfortable trip in Da Nang.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2018

I found the price ok, the walls were thin so a lot of noise from adjacent room and people outside in the halls. The bed was hard and the staff struggled with English but were as helpful as possible. Located on the strip between the river and the beach which is experiencing a development boom the surrounding streets and mostly vacant lots or building sites were dusty, littered with rubbish and building debris.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Before deciding to book a room in this hotel, I did a research on TripAdvisor.
Some factors that make me confuse in decision such as non-separator between bathroom and toilet, not good breakfast, slow elevator.
Finally, I decided to book here because those factors are not important to me. What I need is clean and comfortable room which were mentioned in previous reviews.
And based on posted images, the room looks beautiful that could make me enjoy to stay.

And following are what I see during staying here (in May, 2018).
- (+) The hotel is not far from the airport. It takes only 10 minutes to the hotel by taxi. The taxi costs 5 USD.
- (+) It locates near to the beach and city center. From my room (6th floor), I can see the beach. Just about 10 minutes walking to the beach.
- (+) The hotel is well designed in both exterior and interior. The room is exactly the same as pictures on internet.
It is spacious, with very wide window. Its design follows French style, looks beautiful. The amenities may be high quality.
The bed is wide and comfortable to sleep. View from the window is clear, no high building blocks the view. So, I was satisfied with what I needed.
- (+) The staffs here are cute and very friendly. They always tried to make me satisfy most.
- (-) The elevator is still slow in breakfast time when many people went up or down for breakfast. In other time, it's okay.
- (...) The breakfast is not bad as I thought during the research on Tripadvisor. Or maybe it is suitable for Asian like me.
Pho has good taste. The tea and coffee were not pre-made and not show in buffet table.
But you can order them for free. Just wait 5 mins for hot coffee. The lack of jam is minus (-).
The restaurant staff told me that jams will be available in breakfast next month. I dont know why they take up to 2 weeks for this job.
- (+) You can rent a motorbike at the hotel. 7 USD/day. Very relax during the ride to Hoi An. (30 minutes to Hoi An with beautiful scenes along the street).
- (...) The around area is new, looks sad at night. However, very quiet and peaceful to enjoy the sleep.
- (-) The soundproof is not good. Can hear sounds from the corridor. Not too much noisy but should be improved.

In generally, I enjoy the stay much and feel comfortable at this hotel. Not sure 100% but I may choose this hotel again for next trip.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Duc T
Phu D, Chủ sở hữu at The Herriott Hotel & Suite, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

Thank Duc T so much for your constructive review. I am sure 100% that you will feel comfortable, enjoyable again when coming back our hotel in the future trip. Best wishes for you and your family. :)

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel in 2 nights before moving to Hoi An for the remained holiday.
The friendly staffs is the first thing I can see from this hotel. They were all so kind and made me feel at home.
The location of this hotel is the special thing.
It locates in a new area, so quiet to enjoy your sleep.
But it is also not far away from the minimarts, spas, restaurants and just several minutes walking to the beach.
The hotel has free bicycles and you can ride it to the city center/Han river in just 10 minutes.
The room is spacious, clean, bright and beautiful. The bed is very comfortable. Wonderful rooftop with swimming pool.

Somethings the hotel need to be improved:
- The air conditioner should be more powerful to make the room cool faster.
- Guidelines for using TV. This kind of internet TV is difficult to use.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Thank Tuyet T so much for your review. We are very glad because you were happy during the stay at our hotel. Hope to serve you again in future.