“Good hotel for short break”

Pullman Danang Beach Resort
Ranked #14 of 303 Hotels in Da Nang
Reviewed 3 November 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Write a ReviewReviews (1,390)

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Amazing and beautiful property! Enjoyed every single moment in Pullman Danang! great hotel, quite, located on the beach.
The employees are always smiling and extending greetings at anytime.
Everyone was so friendly, they did everything they could to make my stay fabulous and it worked ! The food was delicious, I have experiences only the all day dinning however the various selection gives you all you need to make your self happy, for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
The concierge team is very efficient, they have been way above expectation by organizing my cultural trips and advising fabulous street food to experience!!!!
After 15hours flight, what I Have really enjoyed is the SPA treatment, for someone who came for relaxation, i definitely recommend everyone to try it at least once during the stay!!!

I will surely revisit Pullman Danang if i have the chance to go back to vietnam and i advise all travelers to do so!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights for work and the resort was still being fixed up from the recent typhoon. The resort is large and very spacious which makes it feel too quiet at the same time. Perhaps it needs some mood music for the lobby to set the feeling of welcoming to a beach side property. The staff from the start were very helpful and courteous, starting from the concierge who took the bags to the front counter staff and the lady who offered us cold drinks while checking-in. The concierge lady walked us to our room and made sure we got in.
The room itself is standard and not particularly impressive in any way. Varnished wooden floors (standard for beach resorts I suppose), dark wooden panelling. I wish the bed was bigger. There's a decent sized TV with lots of channels. The walls are thin so you can hear people moving around and doors slamming. The bathroom really needs to be sorted out for non-slip as the bath and shower are in one space and the tiles are very slippery. This was compounded by the fact that the housekeeping staff don't provide sufficient floor towels. We got one by the bed but none in the bathroom (?). I also had to write notes to the housekeeping staff for extra towels for the kid and more toiletries. They kept leaving the half or quarter empty ones, which would not have been enough for 3 of us for the next bath time.
The resort only has one restaurant which can get pretty boring if you're stuck here for a rainy week. However the effort made for breakfast was good (like the passionfruits and pho counter) and the buffet spread served up for the event lunches were reasonable. Serving staff and chef was very friendly. The ladies serving at the drinks bar were always smiley no matter what the hour, which was good. I didn't get a chance to use the spa, pool or gym but heard that all were well maintained. The beach is relatively clean but they were still cleaning up after the typhoon and the waves are quite rough. I appreciated the concierge ladies the most, they were conversant in English, smiley and always approaching clients to chat and provide suggestions.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the pool are nicer. We liked being close to the main building (lower room numbers...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
hoteliergmdanang, Manager at Pullman Danang Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear OctoberSun,

Thank you for staying with us during your work conference.

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay. Clearly we have areas to improve with the attention to detail in Housekeeping. I sincerely apologize for these shortcomings. It is not acceptable.

We have already addressed your suggestion of Mood music and it now even plays in porte cochere. Also we have opened the Azure Beach lounge into the evening so there is an alternative dining venue in the evening to Restaurant Epice

In regards to your comments about our Front of house team we will be only too pleased to share your positive reviews of their service with them.

Thank you again for staying with us and for giving us the opportunity to improve our service.

Regards,

Pullman Danang Beach Resort Management

Reviewed 14 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bumpsmumnz
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I have been using Trip Advisor for years and have been very appreciative of peoples reviews and suggestions, but until now have not felt I had a lot to say despite travelling fairly regularly. That all changed with the Pullman hotel in Danang because I really want to share with the Trip Advisor community the great experience me and my extended family had there.

The Pullman is a resort which has many facilities you’d find in similar resorts in other tropical settings, although few if any are of this standard in Danang. The hotel has:

• very nicely appointed and spacious rooms many with beautiful views over the ocean,
• a large infinity pool by the beach with pool bar and kitchen,
• clean and well equipped private beach with soccer, volleyball, badminton, and boogie boards all available free of charge,
• a very nice spa with reasonably priced massages and treatments. The sauna, steamroom and Jacuzzi are free any time
• a good sized gym with a view out to the beach
• good quality and reasonably priced food and drink in the restaurant, in room dining and pool side kitchen
• twice daily shuttle busses to Hoian which is only 30 mins away; and
• Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel and free use of the business centre

The kids club is good for under-fives and management advised us that they are planning improvements to make it better for older children.

All of that, as good as it is, is not why I felt compelled to write about the resort however, the reason is the service we received while there. We had an unusual trip where my wife, two children (8 and 6) and I met my parents-in-law at the hotel stayed for a few days before my wife and I went for a side trip while our kids stayed with the in-laws at the hotel. My wife and I returned and stayed for few more days at the end with the whole family.

Often it’s the little things and while Vietnam is a very friendly country generally, things like the waitress remembering our kids’ names and favourite drink orders made them, and us by extension, feel great. This is just one little example of which there were many, of the hotel staff being professional, always willing to help and able to surprise us with what could only have been genuine care for us as guests. Another example was getting mobile phone credit for our Vietnam sim cards. While the hotel didn’t supply this, concierge was only too happy to arrange it.

Perhaps the biggest thing though was that while my wife and I were away on our side trip typhon Wutip had formed and was heading for Danang. Far away from our children (which is a rare thing) we were concerned and felt helpless. However, we needn’t have been because the team at the hotel took every precaution including removing furniture from balconies, taping windows and ensuring all the guests including my parents in-law were well informed of what they needed to do should the typhoon hit.

My in-laws noticed that other hotels in the area didn’t seem to be talking these types of precautions and potentially put their guests’ safety at risk. While the professionalism and preparations gave my parents in law and us comfort, the hotel management and staff also ensured that all services and facilities continued to run seamlessly so our family were still able to enjoy all the facilities. Fortunately for us (although tragically for regions to the north) Wutip missed Danang and everything was brought back to normal very quickly. I really can’t describe how grateful we felt as parents to know that our family was being so well looked after and kept safe.

For all the reasons above we would highly recommend the Pullman in Danang to anyone!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Pabstereffic
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Had a great week here with a friend. Room was kept very clean and staff were great.
Buffet breakfast is fresh and very good quality. Beach bar is a bit expensive but easily avoidable.
Beach front and outdoor area is like a postcard.

• Stayed: July 2013