“What has happened??”

Red Sky Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 659 Restaurants in Da Nang
Price range: US$4 - US$30
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Best Steak House in Town
Da Nang, Vietnam
“What has happened??”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I'm afraid that I have to agree with Markussaigon as this restaurant sadly seems to have lost its focus. Only a few months ago I wrote a very enthusiatic review for this place based on several great meals, but my last two visits over the last several weeks have been very disappointing. Several Friday nights a go it was a ribeye steak that was a poor cut barely edible, tired limp vegetables, my partner's fish dry and mashed potato well below standard too.

Recently dropped in for lunch and a hamburger hit. Unfortunately it was of a size and quality you'd find in a American MidWest diner and utterly forgettable. For the price (100,000 dong), a glass of Chilean red was very measly. It's not expensive to buy bottles of Chilean in Danang.

It may be that the owners are spending more time at their other restaurant or there are ongoing staff issues. Service seems to have dropped off and, as I mentioned in my first review, they need to address their godawful jarring background music turned up too loud. Well out of place in a stylish restaurant where people come to relax and talk and the music should be barely perceptible.

It would be a great pity if a restaurant of this standard disappeared off the Danang dining scene, but I am not able to recommend it to old friends visiting Danang at present. Their prices are just too high and the competition too great that this may well happen. I sincerely hope that can lift their game.

• Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
“...it's shrinking”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

I've been hefe many times. What a pitty to state that overall quality is coming down step by step - just the high prices stay stable. Before I was happy to pay for it as you got excellent service back... it changes - in theeantime they even charge you extra if you pay with credit cards.... I deeply hope we'll see the old Red Sky again soon!

Sydney, Australia
“Cheap beer, Good food, Great service ! ”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Upon looking at the menu of Red Sky there wasn't much that jumped out at me and the meals were quite expensive. Despite this we chose to dine here due to the great trip advisor reviews. I ordered the Zurich style beef which was full of flavour, the mushroom sauce which was on top was outstanding. My partner ordered the grilled sea bass and was also pleasantly surprised with the quality of this restaurants western cuisine. The service was outstanding, the beers were cheap and the meals were delicious - if you're after a good western meal in DaNang, dine at Red Sky.

2 Thank SALLYAUS1
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious food & Great service”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Thanks for Trip advisor help me to find out this restaurant. I really like it. Actually, the food is good, especiallly Australian Wauyu Rib Eye is so wonderful. Moreover, service is very lovely & friendly. I love chocolate ice cream - homemade ice cream. I'm sure I will be back...

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Anna C
Hobart, Australia
“Fantastic venue,fantastic food,fantastic staff”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This place was so good we ate here twice,one of the best meals I've ever had and the service was exceptional,well worth a visit.

• Visited April 2014