“excellent service”

Grand Mercure Danang
Ranked #14 of 255 Hotels in Da Nang

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Ho Chi Minh City, null, Vietnam
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This hotel is much more than what i'd expected of a 4-star. The service is not always super fast, but they are always friendly. I stayed at floor 20 and go to the lounge on floor 21 all the time. The lounge there is incredibly comfortable and enjoyable. The staff there was a lady, whose name i couldn't catch but she was excellent: friendly, attentive and very quick on her toes. The food at "La Riva Gauche" ( G floor, and I'm not sure I spelled it correctly ) is very delicious with reasonable price. Golden Dragon on 2nd floor also offers great Chinese food with the right price. The room price itself is very reasonable, and the view was fantastic, at least from the room i stayed in. There is also a lovely park in front and it is lovely to spend some hours at night watching the stars there. On friday night there is also an excellent buffet with all the beer and seafood you can contain, for a reasonable price, while at lunch, any day of the week ( except Monday ), you can have dim sum buffet at an even cheaper price, how cool is that ? For the wild souls out there, The Five Mountains ( Ngu Hanh Son ) is not too far away. Also, Da Nang golf club is nearby and so is Mongotier Club ( Again, please check the spelling ). And finally, to tip the cherry on the sundae, there is a free bus to take you back to the airport when you're done. I'm definitely coming back next year

2 Thank ethan411
Mr_Carl_Gagnon, General Manager at Grand Mercure Danang, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for an excellent review. I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and felt comfortable being on our 21st floor Privilage Lounge. Ms. Lan would like to extend her sincere thanks for your appreciation on her attentive service. We are very pleased to have her with us. Your outstanding comments on our resturant outlets ( Golden Dragon and La Rive Gauche) and irresistable Fiday Seafood BBQ buffet promotion have added more inspiration and motivation for us to continue on keeping up the good work. I will surely share this to the team.

Please de let us know your future plans and i will personally arrange it for you.

We look forward on your return next year.

GRAND MERCURE DANANG
Woodbridge, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I've been coming to Vietnam for many years and regularly visit Danang for months at a time. Because my visits to Danang are lengthy I usually rent a service apartment while in town. I always make it a point to visit the Grand Mercure Danang hotel for morning coffee as well as lunch and dinner. It has become part of my daily routine while in Danang. The interior is bright, modern and clean and the service is first-rate. The food at the Mercure is excellent and very reasonably priced. Most of my time is spent at the bar and lounge area of the hotel where Nga (Nguyen Thi Thanh Nga) works from morning to afternoon as well as occasional evenings. I'm always greeted by her with a huge smile and a hello. From time to time I do some entertaining
at the Mercure hotel with my Vietnamese friends and Nga is always quick to help and organize luncheons and drinks. The service level and attentiveness of her as well as the rest of Mercure hotel staff is first class.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank gropperla
Mr_Carl_Gagnon, General Manager at Grand Mercure Danang, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear gropperla,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor. We are much delighted to know that we have been a part of your daily routine by enjoying the hotel's resturant cuisines, morning coffee and drinks at our lounge during your stay in Danang. Your encouraging words will surely be passed on to the entire team most specially to Ms. Nga that have always greeted you with a welcoming and accomodating smile.

We thank you for your continued support and it is always a pleasure for us to be at your service. Should we be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know at anytime.

Yours sincerly,

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed there in Grand Mercure Danang one night and I must say this is one of the brst hotels I have ever stayed nice and clran nothing fancy.My room had a great view you can see Han River next is small town and the sea. Staff was incredibly nice and helpful. Breakfast was great.I will definitely go back and stay on my business trip

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank vipavadeen
Mr_Carl_Gagnon, General Manager at Grand Mercure Danang, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear vipavadeen,

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us. We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay and met your expectations. I will definitely share this with the entire Grand Mercure Danang Team. This will certainly motivate and inspire them to keep up the good work.

We hope and look forward to welcome you once again on your next future future trip in Danang, Vietnam.

Please do let us know at any time should we be of any assistance.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Beautiful area, the rooms have stunning views. The staff provide extremely friendly and fast service. We only wish we could of stayed longer, but we will definitely be back and we can highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank BevanAnderson
Dear BevanAnderson,

On behalf of the team we thank you for your kind comments. We are very much grateful to know of your enjoyable stay and at the same time thankful for your appreciation of our exeptional service delivery as well as the hotel's stunning overlooking view of the city. I will surely share your encouraging words to our team and certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.

Once again, we thank you for your continued support and it is always a pleasure for us to be at your service. In the meantime, if we can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know.

GRAND MERCURE DANANG
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I really enjoyed with my family here. Really near the city. Free transport to My Khe beach which is really beautiful. Great view from our room. Nice and friendly staff. The curtain between bedroom and toilet a bit too translucent at night though.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Mr_Carl_Gagnon, General Manager at Grand Mercure Danang, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear VanT19,

Glad to hear that you have enjoyed the great view from your room and that your stay has met your expectations ! We received a lot of comment lately on our guests appreciation with regards to our free shuttle services to the beach. It is important for us to provide solutions to our guests while they are staying in our property.

True to say that our strategic positionning near the city, the beach and the airport can represent for some travellers a great advantage value for money.

Looking forward to your next visit.