“Good hotel in this city”

Sao Minh Business Hotel
Ranked #162 of 393 Da Nang B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I stayed it here whenever i book the hotel for myself. It may i love this hotel because this is the first hotel i stay in Danang. It is not very good to stay, it is just enough for sleep and work.
No breakfast, no any extra service in this hotel. Let remember, book this hotel for business trip than for travel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Sao Minh Business Hotel

Reviewed 26 April 2013

Great business hotel. I was there on holiday but noticed the availability of a meeting room and services for the business traveler.
I enjoyed my stay completely and recommend this hotel if you are visiting Danang.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2013

The staff were friendly. The room was musty and stale smoke smelling which was helped by using the a/c and opening the window - not the best way to cool a room but certainly helped with the humidity and the smell. The bathroom was large. The bed was firm but comfortable. It was definitely a budget hotel but was adequate for our one night stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2013

We stayed here as we had to get a taxi at 4am to airport
I didn't sleep all night, we could hear something moving & scratching
We couldn't work out if it was under the bed as bed was wooden base so couldn't see under it
My boyfriend said it was in the wall behind bed
Terrible night didn't sleep
Now in Nha Trang which is a rather uninteresting city we wish we just flu straight through

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I stayed only one night as I was on my way from Hué and had to get up early in the morning to catch a flight to Dalat.

The Sao Minh is the type of hotel I enjoy very much in Asia. I call them Chinese business hotels for local business travellers. They are unpretentious but functional. With above average cleanliness standards, well maintained, excellent internet, friendly and professional staff, good Asian breakfast and always good value for money.

Sao Minh was the perfect example for this. My room was very spacey. The bathroom was immense (with a Jacuzzi sized bathtub) and the window had a pleasant view over the roofs of the neighbourhood. And I paid less per night than for any other hotel in Vietnam.

The lady at the reception recommended a Pho shop for me, ordered a taxi and explained to the drive where to take me. And I have to admit that I had the best of many, many Pho noodle soups that I consumed all over Vietnam.

If I ever come to Danang again this is definitely the place where I will be staying.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 February 2012

This year old, three star, hotel is clean and the location good. I found the bed comfortable and slept well. The included breakfast was OK when served ala carte, but better when served buffet style. Apparently the buffet is only offered when there are many guests. My room was large and comfortable. I think that for the price the Sao Minh is a good deal.
One of the hotels strongest selling points is the manager Mr. Vinh. His English is very good and he told me he also speaks Russian and some Mandarin Chinese. His attention to detail was much appreciated. The minor problems I mentioned to him were promptly addressed to my satisfaction. He helped me arrange a guide to take me shopping. I know he is working to help educate the staff in other languages, but that project still has away to go. I found the staff friendly and helpful.
Things I was unhappy with were the two wake up calls I asked for that did not happen. There is really no excuse for that. That was all I was unhappy with.

Room Tip: Whine a little bit and maybe you'll get an upgrade.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I would classify this as a business hotel - not too many frills, but very functional. My room was relatively large with two typically hard beds and plain linens, a small sitting area, and a decent bathroom. The room and the hotel were clean and neatly kept. The room had average furnishings, but again was very functional. The view from the small window was of the street below. The lobby is attractive and the staff was friendly and helpful. I didn't try the breakfast as I went out to eat with my host. This hotel is a very good value if you are primarily interested in a good place to sleep, particularly when compared to the prices of the properties closer to the beach. I agree with the other reviewer - Mr. Vinh is fun to visit with.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business