“Hotel staffs going out of their way to help us”
Review of Zenta Hotel

Zenta Hotel
Ranked #93 of 396 Da Nang B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed at Zenta hotel from April 28 till May 2nd. The hotel was very busy at the time since it was during the big Vietnamese holiday here. Even though it was busy for them, our room was always being cleaned thoroughly everyday; the staff was trying their best to accommodate our requests. We were placed in a lower level ocean view room, we would love to move to a higher floor level for better views. Our request was filled the next day.

We rented a bike from the hotel for the ease of exploring the city. We ran a flat tire on the road when riding the bike to Marble Mountains. It was supposedly our responsibilities to fix the bike, but since we were from out of town and not sure where to go to. Even though the hotel was busy at the time, the hotel staff was more than happy to come and trade us for another bike and took care of the flat tired one.

Everything was good at the hotel. We would definitely come back to Zenta hotel the next time we are in Da Nang.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lynhna, Manager at Zenta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for your nice review of Zenta hotel. We strive our best to make our guests feel like being at home when they are away from home. All of our staffs are young and active with good personal and English skills, therefore we provide the most help possible to our guests whenever needed. Being aware that customers' service is a very important factor in hospitality service, we try every day to learn from our mistakes and improve our service better and better everyday. We really hope to serve you again the next time you are in Da Nang.

There are newer reviews for Zenta Hotel

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel last year, I returned due to the excellent service, friendly staff and location.

I discovered the management had changed since my last visit. The rooms are still good value for money and the location is excellent, All the staff are friendly and talkative with the exception of the manageress.

The first occasion she spoke to me was when she overheard a conversation between my brother and I. I know Da Nang well and have been visiting for many years. I suggested we go the Ba Na hills. Within seconds the manageress suggested she arranged a tour for us. I politely declined this offer. She then countered my objection by offering me a motorbike to rent. again I politely declined the offer. Ever since this exchange we were made to feel like we were not welcome at the hotel. When we arrived at reception we were not greeted and our door keys were simply slung on the front desk which I found very hostile indeed.

We were not once asked how our stay was, greeted or smiled at. I felt this was solely due to the fact I was not interested in procuring day tours and such from the hotel.

I have also noticed the cleanliness of the rooms and hotel has deteriorated and the bedside tables are littered with snacks for sale. In a small room, this doesn't leave much room to put your possessions.

Its such a shame the former owner sold up!

We later left the hotel and stayed a at cheaper hotel (8USD) in the city centre where the staff and owners were much more accommodating and polite.

I would only return to the Zenta when it is taken over by new management who understand the importance of guest relations.

Room Tip: sea view room if you must stay here.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Oliver R
Lynhna, Manager at Zenta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that your group was not happy with your stay as well as the service at our hotel. In my defense, I did smile and greet you guys very often. I did not intend to have an attitude or being cold for whatever reason. I’m sorry that it came across differently and you guys found unwelcomed and unappreciated. Since your group seemed to be very occupied among the four of you, I’m trying to give you your space and did not want to interrupt in your conversation. That’s all. Anyhow, thank you for the other inputs about the hotels, we will try our best to improve upon your inputs.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Zenta Hotel last month, as that was our first visit in Da Nang we were really hoping for good stay in nice hotel recommend by our friends. Hotel it self it's nice, rooms clean, housekeeping staff friendly. Hotel is located close to the beach, which it's always good thing. Unfornutelly I must say reception service disappointed me completely. It suppose to be face of the hotel by giving best impression of all. It was nothing like that. The reception manager's attitude was a disgrace. We came across person who doesn't really care about hotel guests, never smiles, there was no complimentary service, even asked for pen and pencil you have been given cold look like it was a big deal for her. I felt really unwelcome there, and this is a shame because I am working in hospitality over 7 years and this is not acceptable... we will be definitely back to Da Nang but not to this cold like Siberian weather attitude.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Nutellarice

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed in this hotel a year ago and it was lovely. So we decided to come back and bring our friends with us, believing that the service would be just as good.
Sadly the hotel had new owner and a lot of things had changed. The rooms were pretty much the same, very basic with shower and double bed with no safes) apart from the door no longer made lovely birdy sound when you close it (we loved the birdy sound cause its cute and very welcoming)

However, breakfast was a lot less attractive with not many options to choose from and the proportion was quite small.

The staff were ok in general however the new manager/receptionist has a real attitude about her. She never said 'hi' or 'bye' to us, no smiles or any sign of welcoming. She only tried to sell us some tours and when we showed no interest cause we had been to Da Nang before and knew our way around the city, she was very cold to us.

In overal, the hotel is not too bad. However, the service at the reception was a big let down as we mainly came back because of the excellent staff who made use feel like home before. I was personally felt very disappointed with her attitude but it would be unfair to rate the hotel 1/5 so I give it 2/5.

However, I don't think I will ever come back to this hotel again, knowing that we will be served with stoned face and cold attitude.

Room Tip: Rooms with sea view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Mikaela R

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed at this great hotel for a couple of nights and had a balcony room with an ocean view - all for a 2 star price! We highly recommend this hotel if you like to be right across the road from a beautiful beach. The staff were very helpful and were happy to help with anything we needed. Best of all, the beds were beautifully soft and they were happy to provide extra pillows we needed.
We'd happily return.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and definitely a balcony front room to enjoy the view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Na V, Manager at Zenta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Thanks for your review. We are looking forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

The room is very nicely furnished, clean bathroom with hot water. The staff is friendly and willing to show you ways around Da Nang city. Additionally, the unique point of this hotel is its short distance from the beach. It took us less than 1 minute to walk to the sandy beach with blue water and wonderful waves.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Na V, Manager at Zenta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Thanks for your review. One of our key factors is our location. The hotel is right on the beautiful beach front of Da Nang. If you are looking for a budgeted but good quality and satisfactory hotel to explore Da Nang City, Zenta hotel is definitely an ideal choice. We hope you will choose us again next time you visit Da Nang.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Booked a standard double room for two nights, but luckily the hotel was not full so managed the upgrade it for the ocean view room on the 6th floor for only for few extra $10 for two nights.

We choose this hotel, because it was less than a minute walk from the lovely sandy beach, which was so nice. Breakfast was included in the room price, it was tasty.

The lift was very useful as we stayed on the 6th flloor. Our room 601, it was clean with comfy bed, bathroom was nice and like the shower. Lovely ocean view from the bed and enjoyed sitting outside on the balkony. Wifi was working perfectly well, every single floor had a separate one, so plenty to choose from. Towels were changed every day, also used the hotel's laundry service, quality service for a great price.

We went to the Marble Mountain with Vinasun taxi (very reliable) for only 100.000 dong, took less than 10 mins to get there.

We ate twice in the restaurant which was just in front of the hotel on the main street, two minutes from hotel (not the Paul one). Local family owned place, selling fresh delicious sea food for a very good price.

Staff was very helpful and friendly, room price was very reasonable...lovely place to relax, liked the location as it wasn't in town, we were after the beach stopover.

Room Tip: Room 601 on top floor with ocean view was lovely.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Na V, Manager at Zenta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thanks for the kind words you have written for our hotel on tripadvisor. We strive our best to bring the best service possible to our guests. We really hope to serve you again in the future.