“A very pleasant experience”
Review of Atlantic Hotel

Atlantic Hotel
Ranked #93 of 362 Da Nang B&B and Inns
Eusserthal, Germany
“A very pleasant experience”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I stayed in four budget hotels in danang and spent 6 nights in the Atlantic. For me it's the best of the four.
The place waa very clean and well kept, the staff friendly. My room (504, $15 per night) was large and offered a nice view on the bay, from bedroom and bathroom. It was cleaned daily, the towels changed, the floor swept and the minibar refilled. During the day and at night the place was very quiet and so a had a good nights sleep. There's a very small balcony, too, just big enough to put a couple of chairs on it. The hotel is very close to the beach which was perfect for me. Just down the road there's a fantastic indian-vietnamese restaurant. Besides there are several seafood restaurants in the neighborhood.
A very pleasant experience!

Room Tip: I was very happy with 504
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Vietnamese first
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed 27 May 2013

First, I booked 2 single rooms for me & my friend at the price of $25, but the rooms are too small so we decide to move to a double room at $35.
There was no welcome tea as people said.
The receptionists (2 girls)'s attitude was poor. I was charged 1/2 day extra as I leave earlier (booked for 6 nights but stayed for only 5). However the 2 security boys were nice and helpful.
The A/C did not work well (room 205), the security boy had to bring us an extra electric fan.
Rooms are clean. Single room is too small.
The internet were working in my first 2 days, had to bring my laptop to the coffee shop outside.
No breakfast. At this price at another hotel, my friends have free breakfast.
They won't refund us if we leave early so we had to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dinongo

Travellers are raving about these Da Nang hotels

Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I booked a VIP room for 3 people on Agoda (50m²). The room was great. It had three double beds and an extra area with places to sit and a small balcony. UNfortunately they had put some stickers on all windows that were not see through, which gave me a prison like feeling, so I declined the room, and moved to a slightly smaller room, with tow double beds, but still an extra room with a lounge area to sit for 5 people and a small balcony.

The room itself was absolutely great - especially for hte price of 17USD that we paid.
It was new, AC worked well, had many windows, WIFI was fast and worked in the room, beds were comfy and the bed linen new and spotless.
From the balcony you could also see the ocean.
There was also a fridge in the room and a kettle.
The only cleanliness issued I had was in the bathroom: Around the sink they did not really wipe it properly, it was a bit dusty when we arrived. But the rest was fine.

Breakfast was not included in the room, but on the 8th floor there was a restaurant, which served breakfast for a reasonable price.

The location was great (for beach purposes). It was less than 5 minutes to the beach and there is also a place to rent umbrellas and beach loungers.
Near the beach (so 5 minutes from the hotel) are many stylish sea food restaurants with sitting area on the beach.
Directly next to the hotel are cheaper local resturants with local food and plastic chairs.
In front of the hotel there were always a couple of taxis avaiable, whereby the small white taxis seem to be the cheapest ones.

Servce:
THere was only one girl that spoke a bit of English, the others did not understand anything.
The female staff was in general ver friendly, while the male staff seemed more desinterested in the guests.
They English speaking girl sorted our problem with the room will (that the windows were not see through), in immediately offering to move to a different room and lowering the room rate, reflecting the lower room rate for the smaller room from Agoda.
I rented a scooter also from the hotel, which was no problem.

I would recommend the hotel for everybody who wants a nice, big and comfortable room, and does not need great service.

Room Tip: The VIP room will sleep up to 6 ppl (3 double beds in one huge room), but the its not possilbe to se...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank MySunnyDays1
Reviewed 1 February 2013 via mobile

The room should have been classed as a suite. It was like a small apartment without the kitchen. The views were gorgeous. We had booked 2 nights and stayed 5. The services was excellent. Some staff can speak a little more English than others but they all tried very hard to help us in any way they could. The first night we asked about a good restaurant and they told us many along beach. We said no, we want good and cheap. They sent us across the street to a Vietnamese restaurant. No English but no problem! You pick your sea food out of the tubs they're swimming in and point to the grill. Easy to get the idea of stir fried veggies across and a great meal for less than 1/3 the price.
Check out was not a problem. Not only did there Visa machine work. This was the first hotel that didn't charge me a 3% up charge for using the Visa.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Josmikluc
Hanoi, Ha Noi, Vietnam
Reviewed 29 January 2013

There are a lot of hotels in Da Nang and even walking past, some of them looked... uncertain.

I booked Atlantic hotel for just one night, on a rapid pass through Da Nang to visit the Cham museum then continue to Hue. My booking was also made only 24 hours in advance of my arrival.

Reception staff were friendly, professional and familiar with my booking. The room was perfectly clean, tasteful, quiet and comfortable. The beach was visible one small block from the hotel in a relatively open and quiet area.

Da Nang is a little more pedestrian friendly than, say, Hanoi, but other than a trip to the adjacent beach (a nice area, gently lit at night) I'd recommend a taxi for places like the Cham Museum, and to and from the station. Directions are easy and roads in this area of town are spacious, so trips are quick.

Breakfast was simple but good.

This is not a fancy place, but it is pleasant, clean, and the staff were helpful and gave the impression of being ready to respond to any requests for changes or assistance. I'd go again, confident that there wouldn't be any problems.

Oh, yes; the all-important (for solo, improvising travellers) wifi was fine.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Chris G
Norfolk Virginia USA
Reviewed 4 April 2012

This was the worst of the places I stayed on a recent one month trip to Southeast Asia. I found them through Adoda.com and it looked good and the price was OK. Well it turned out to be a strange little place with an unfriendly air about it. Many times you cannot reach anyone at the front desk and when you do they cannot speak ANY English. If you need anyone after midnight then go downstairs and you will find them sleeping on the floor by the front door. Forget having them call a taxi for you early in the morning because they are asleep until about 7am. Forget getting any assistance about local sights as there is nothing there written in English. All of these things I can forgive but the worst part is they tried to double charge me for my room and it would have been a real problem had I not had a Vietnamese translator with me. He FINALLY cleared it up which involved a few phone calls to hotel manager (?) or whoever it was that was not there. The whole ordeal took more than 30 minutes and they were not going to return my passport unless we paid as instructed. Also one morning some guy walked into our room unannounced with clean towels and clearly was trying to "work us" for a tip as he did not want to leave even though we were not fully dressed and surprised by his visit. Our room was not cleaned that day either. The hot water takes forever to arrive. The bathroom smelled of urine. The frig cuts off when you leave the room because of the key thing so you can never keep anything cold in there and it is pointless. Even the "mini bar" of sorts is located on top of the frig so they know you can't get anything cold unless you never leave the room. It would be nice if the key only controlled the A/C as it also meant we could not charge our devices when not in the room. There were several "creepy" things about this place that just made me glad to get out of there. The place is relatively new and close to the ocean but not good for the typical traveler in my mind anyway.

Room Tip: The best room is one at ANOTHER hotel.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends