“Great value 5* hotel.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 235 Hotels in Da Nang
Singapore, Singapore
“Great value 5* hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2012

My wife & I spent 6 days at Furama Resort. We knew our stay would be good from the time we were collected at the airport by the Furama staff & car. A little extra, compared to a taxi or shuttle, but worth it.
Upon arrival at the hotel the check in procedure & welcome was the best I have personally experienced. Effecient, friendly & fast! We never saw the front desk & instead we were seated in a tastefully furnished lobby/entrance hall while being served a refreshing drink.
The Lagoon Superior room was most comfortable, with a lovely layout & simple yet appealing touches/decor. The fruit & sweets in the room upon arrival were also a nice touch. Cushions for the outside furniture, umbrellas & all the other amenities were available. The only negative is that our room did not have a bathtub.
The daily breakfast (included in our stay) was great. The restaurant menus were extensive & something for everyone. The restaurants, lounges, games room, pool area & lagoon area were all extremely welcoming & well furnished with staff that were never overwhelming but always there if you needed them. The beach is a beauty!
My wife used the Spa & just felt that the treatment (facial) she received was just lacking a little bit of the "professional" feel.
I played golf at Montgomerie Links & Danang Golf Club & both were fantastic. Only a 10min drive from the hotel.

To wrap up, I would have to say that it was probably the most pleasant stay I have had in many years & I will definately recommend Furama & when we return to Danang we know we will not need to look around for alternate options for accomodation.

1 Thank Greg C
FuramaGeneralManager, General Manager at Furama Resort Danang, responded to this review, 28 December 2012
Dear Mr. Greg C, we are truly pleased to hear that your stay has been so wonderful and would like to thank you for having taken your valuable time to write this great review!
It is indeed these details such as the airport pick-up and arrival(Check-in) which separates our services from the competition. We are pleased to hear that those are being highly appreciated and will certainly strive to keep those special touches alive and extend those further.
It is a pity that you were not offered a room with a bathtub which could have been arranged without any problem.
We do hope that we will soon be able to welcome you back to our resort and pamper you again with all our signature services, friendly staff and with a Spa staff having undergone a thorough training in order to improve the treatment experiences.
Thank you again for your great review and the whole team of the Furama Resort wish you and your loved ones all the best for a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2012

There are pros and cons with the Furama Resort. We stayed in Ocean View Rooms 303, 305, 321 and 323.

I had purchased a Groupons voucher for accommodation at the Furama Resort in Danang. The voucher was for a garden view room with airport transfers, breakfast, daily fruit and a $50 hotel vouchers for spa, free wifi - essentially the works.

We were collected from the airport as per prior arrangement and all was smooth until we arrived at the resort where the check-in was really quite cumbersome and drawn out. Admittedly, we were slightly early for check-in, but the Resort was fully aware of this. The resort tried to upsell and asked whether I wanted to upgrade accommodation to Ocean View Rooms for my travel group consisting of 9 adults. I declined and said we we were happy with our booking.

The lady went away and came back 30 seconds later, apologised and advised that our Garden View Rooms were not available (we arrived at 12pm and check in was 2pm). If we wanted to check in immediately, the resort again offered an upgrade to an Ocean View Room. I declined.

The lady went away and came back again, advising that the resort would offer us a "special rate" of 600,000dong/night/per room if I wanted to upgrade my travel group. By this time, I was getting very annoyed and tired. All my travel group wanted to do was to check in. I ended up taking the deal because one person in the travel group was very sick with the flu and needed to lie down.

Considering that we were in communications with the resort prior to arrival, I was very dissappointed that our rooms were not ready. Additionally, I felt as though the resort had purposely and strategically tried to upsell guests their premium rooms - which I find quite unattractive in a 5 star resort and whether the tact was innocent or by design, the experience was sour. To this day, I can't understand how the garden view rooms were fully booked out considering there was hardly guests filling the venue of that size??

Admittedly, the Ocean View Rooms were very nice and I was glad I did upgrade my travel group for the 4 nights we spent in Da Nang, but that is besides the point.

Our experience at check-in aside, our stay at the Furama Resort was very relaxing. Meals at the resort was so-so and expensive. We ended up catching taxis into town every night to get dinner. Rooms were comfortable, but not super luxurious - except for the bed, where it felt like I was sleeping on fluffy white clouds. The staff in general were very helpful, from housekeep to souvenir shop assistants, but Massage therapists at the spa needs more training. I used my vouchers to get hotel massages, but my partner and I ended up getting neck strains as a result. The massage technique was inconsistent, not relaxing and very disappointing for a 5-star resort. I have experienced better massages at 3-star resorts.

The free shuttle to/from Hoi An was useful, but for those who are willing to live life on the wide side, you can negotiate to rent a bike for a stall across the road to get yourself about Da Nang and Hoi An.

All in all, while our stay at the Furama was relaxing, I would look for other accommodation options if I were to return to Da Nang/Hoi An. Again, my review is tainted by my check-in experience.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mellies_world01
FuramaGeneralManager, General Manager at Furama Resort Danang, responded to this review, 19 January 2013
Hello to Melbourne! Thank you for having taken the efforts to write this review. I believe we have already answered your concerns to your e-mail following your comments on our guest questionnaire. However, I would like to reassure you that we have taken corrective measures in handling guests at the reception in order that we our guest's arrival can be handles as speedy as possible and without any long negotiations. Even though we had three groups which checked out that morning which occupied all the garden view rooms this situation should have been solved in a more efficient manner.
Should we get the chance to welcoming you back to Danang, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will personally make sure that your arrival will be flawless! my e-mail is:gm@furamavietnam.com
Thank you and good luck to you!
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2012

Furama was recommended by friends and did not disappoint. The rooms were spacious and well appointed. Service was excellent at the resort and a friendly staff is evident where ever you roam. Food at the restaurants was very good (maybe the best Saltimbocca I have ever had including in Italy). Fresh fruit in your room every day. The staff will gladly schedule any side trips you want and there is a free shuttle to Hoi An everyday. Two great pools at the Furama both have lifeguards for the non-swimmers. Lifeguards also on duty at the private beach. Sea was to rough for swimming when we were there so check weather conditions if that is of interest.

Room Tip: Sea View suites above first floor offer good views and nice breezes
1 Thank Dean T
Dear Mr. Dean T, First of all I would like to thank you for having taken your time to write this review and we are very happy to hear that your Christmas Holiday has turned out to be exceeding your expectations. We are indeed always striving to improve our services and offer signature attentions to our guests. At the end it is the little details which makes the difference in services.
Your comments will certainly be passed on to our hard working staff which will surely be pleased to hear that their hard work is appreciated.
From all my team and myself, we would like to wish you all the health, wealth and happiness for the New Year!
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2012 via mobile

This review is posted whilst still staying at room 325, an ocean suite room facing the very choppy East Sea. We checked in on 21 Dec ( the day deemed to be the end of the world) but all's well. Taxi from airport to Furama took 15 mins and costs VND 140,000. Here are the key positives of our stay:
1). We paid usd736.16 (with breakfasts) for 3 nights stay in an Ocean Deluxe room through Agoda. We were granted early check in at 1030 and upgraded to an Ocean Suite.

2). Free and fast wifi connectivity in-room and within resort.

3). Breakfast spreads are varied and scrumptious!

4). Service is excellent and majority speaks English.

5). We had lunch at Cafe Indochine and meal of deep fried tiger prawns, Vietnamese seafood rolls, chicken pho and pineapple juice costs VND 733425. Price is reasonable and food is good. We also had dinner here but the seafood briyani was disappointing. Vietnamese seafood soup in coconut juice and braised tofu were tasty and meal with wine costs VND 1,485,000.

6) our second night dinner at Don Cipriani consisting of a meat lovers pizza and squid ink linguine was good and appetizing! We paid VND936000.

7). As a prelude to Christmas, diners enjoyed a 15 mins caroling session.

8). Hotel provides a free shuttle to Hoi An @ 1000 hr and return pickup at 1500 hrs. We spent a charming day in Hoi An visiting the historic houses, market and Japanese bridge! An entrance fee is payable @ VND120000 pp to enter the UNESCO town sites.

Another very thoughtful gesture was the provision of a free shuttle on 23 dec for Sunday mass at Da Nang Cathedral in downtown Da Nang. Being able to fulfill our Sunday mass obligation was much appreciated!

Non-positives:
1). Had a Decleor facial (sensitive) for VND 700000 and a 30 min foot massage at VND 400000. It lacked the quality that I am used to so it was not a good experience! Quite a letdown!

On a whole, Furama tops in service excellence and if you are looking for a quiet resort holiday in Da Nang, look no further. Stay here!

• Stayed December 2012
5 Thank Rainbowlad
Dear guests from Singapore: We would like to thank you for the excellent review and are truly happy that your stay has been so special. We are indeed working very hard with each and every guest to find out how we can make their stay exceptional.
All the special touches that you mentioned are the work of long planning and preparations. It is great to hear that those are also highly appreciated which shows us that our works are appreciated.
In response to your experience in our Spa, I would like to inform you that these comments were immediately passed to the Recreation Department with corrective measures being taken. In fact, we have already contacted a specialist company to come and revise all our treatment procedures in order to improve those.
We truly hope that we may have a future chance to hopefully spoil you again with our services including the Spa treatments!
Thank you again and wishing you a successful New Year!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2012

In Danang there are many other better options.The entry to the resort is very tired and very boring. Service is very ordinary. Rooms nothing spectaculor. Food pretty average. Vinpearl is a far better option. Gardens are ultra basic.

Room Tip: Choose Vinpearl instead
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank lefrogtraveler
Dear lefrogtraveler: I am sorry if your stay at our Resort hasn't been to your satisfaction. It would be great if you could let me know more in details about your experience.
Your review is therefore rather surprising since we have had 382 reviews this past month and all have been excellent. So excellent so, that our hotel has claimed 2 places to No. 3 in Danang.
Looking forward to hear from you.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2012

Our original choice Intercontinental was not availabe for the 3 days we were in Danang. We settled on Furama and was not disappointed at all. The room was clean and well maintained. With the lull before Christmas, we were able to have the whole lagoon to ourselves for the greater part of a day. We confined ourselves to Vietnamese dishes and they were great. Service was attentive and friendly. Free shuttle to Hoi An and Danang gave distractions to an otherwise relaxing time by the pool and on the beach.

1 Thank Axe613
FuramaGeneralManager, General Manager at Furama Resort Danang, responded to this review, 3 January 2013
Great to hear that your stay has turned out to be most enjoyable. Thank you for having taken your time to write this review, I will make sure to inform all our staff about your great Vietnamese dishes you enjoyed during your stay.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2012

We stayed at this hotel as the last 'beach' part of our holiday before heading back to OZ. The hotel was only about 30% which made it very quiet and getting a spot by the pool easy.
The location is a bit out of town - about a 100,000VND taxi ride one way. This makes it quiet and right on the beach. We stayed in a standard garden view room and it was HUGE.

We were on the 4th (top) floor and it had a peaked ceiling which made the room feel even bigger. Being a tropical place, it was pleasant to see the room had a fan and not just AC (there is A/C). The room is well equipped and the bathroom is the size of most hotel rooms.
The breakfast was ample and the pool cool enough to be refreshing. The beach was clean and the water the perfect temperature.

We didn't spend much time in the sea as it was a bit choppy, but it is nice to know that there are full time lifesavers (trained by Aussie lifesavers) keeping watch. It was also good to see them telling swimmers to get between the flags if they strayed. There are also lifesavers watching the pools which is comforting if you have little kids playing near the water.

Staff were friendly and the grounds immaculate.

The only negative was.
As we were on the top floor, we had a neon sign from a building about 1km away shining into our room. We moved the wooden shutters to block it so it wasn't a major problem - but just be aware if you get a garden view room on the top floor and you like to sleep with the curtains open. It wasn't big enough an issue to ask for a room change.

If in Danang and looking for a quiet, beachy holiday, the it would be worth looking at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank btandrmb
FuramaGeneralManager, General Manager at Furama Resort Danang, responded to this review, 16 December 2012
Thank you very much for having taken your time to write this magnificent review! It is a pleasure to hear that our hotel has exceeded your expectations on facilities and services.
The luxurious Furama Resort Danang is a true icon of Vietnam tourism. This 5-star haven on world-famous Da Nang beach is celebrated as Vietnam's most prestigious resort – counting royalty, presidents, movie stars and international business leaders among its celebrity guests.
Just a short drive from Danang lay four UNESCO-listed World Heritage Sites: the former imperial city of Hue (2 hours), the ancient 'Silk Road' trading port of Hoi An (30 minutes away), the spiritual centre of the Champa civilization, My Son (90 minutes) and the mystical Phong Nha Caves in Quang Binh province (7 hours), considered by some an access to the inner earth!
With the new airport, Danang has also attracted new direct flights from Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Seoul and charter flights from China, Japan and Taiwan and new direct flights will be launched in March by Dragon Air from Hong Kong and another from Bangkok is planned from the middle of 2013 which will ease the reach to this new and magnificent destination.