“Lovely resort on the ocean.”

Furama Resort Danang
Ranked #22 of 294 Hotels in Da Nang
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights in an ocean view room. Others have noted that the resort is looking a bit tired. I do agree a little with that but it is still an attractive resort. The gardens are well maintained and the swimming pools looked inviting. There was nothing wrong with the room I stayed in. The large bathroom was a delight. There was a large variety of toiletries in the bathroom and they were of a high standard. As others have pointed out, the restaurant is quite expensive. I ate only Vietnamese fare and it was good, albeit more expensive than what I paid in my Hanoi hotel. I was only here for two full days and had a private tour booked through the hotel for each day. My Son Sanctuary was extremely hot (must have been close to 40 degrees) but worth the drive and the heat. The trip to Hue was longer but again, worth it. I think all Danang resorts are pretty expensive so if I came again I would stay in this hotel. Just take care when booking through the hotel website. On the main web page you can put in dates which takes you to the various rooms you can choose from. These prices are for 1 person, not for a room. If you look on the left hand side of this second web page it will say 1 person. You will need to check the dates, enter the number of people, then press search. The extra cost per person is approximately US$20++.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BrissyGirl00
FuramaGeneralManager, General Manager at Furama Resort Danang, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Brissy Girl,
Your review is highly appreciated and I will not miss to pass your great review to our hard working staff. We put a lot of efforts in making sure our guests feel comfortable in our rooms and also appreciate the large range of our amenities we offer.
Yes, the facilities look somehow aged and keep our engineering department rather busy to maintain but, I agree with you, that the rooms have ample space for a relaxing holiday at a high standard.
In regards to our restaurants (Cafe Indochine, offering local, Indochina as well as international dishes, the Don Cipriani, probably the best Italian Restaurant in Danang and the newly opened Steak House right on the beach), we offer a truly international array of cuisines with a great variety of dishes from almost around the globe. We are always focusing on changing our food offer and will continue to do so together with the help of our guest's comments. Our new Executive Chef from Germany brings a wealth of experience from top international resorts and Michelin Star rated restaurants. Together we intend to give our valued guests at the Furama Resort a true culinary experience of the best.
We have noted your comments on the website in regards to the room booking and are working on correcting the 1 person issue and changing it to a 1 or 2 persons price per room with a third person paying extra only.
Thank you again for having taken your precious time to write this review and we hope to get the pleasure your visit again soon.
Matthias Wiesmann

Write a ReviewReviews (2,404)

Reviewed 19 April 2014

This was our treat for our children who are 10 and 14 after sight seeing through Vietnam. We were not disappointed the service and people were amazing everyone was so welcoming the rooms were spacious and private. The seafood buffet was excellent and my very fussy daughter found plenty to eat! The pools and beach were lovely with life guards as well as on the beach.
Plenty of areas to relax and unwind in the heat.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 197Young

Dear Mr&Mrs. Young,
It is great to hear that we could contribute to a perfect beach holiday for your family in all our beautiful resort has to offer!
With our continuous efforts to change, improve, renovate and extend our facilities and services makes the Furama Resort a true place to unwind and relax.
With the addition of our new Steak House and the upcoming renovation of our Indochine Cafe, we will be able to create even more amazing moments for our guests.
With our constant efforts of working on our facilities, training our staff and improving every experience within the resort, we thrive to create this true special experience for all our guests. Then, our philosophy is to be close to our guests and make sure we can adopt to their every need.
Hope that we will get the pleasure of your visit soon again.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We enjoyed our stay in a family-friendly, ocean-view room over Easter break. The hotel is situated directly on the wide, white sands of China Beach and offers two excellent pools: the shady Lagoon Pool, with adjacent wading pool, which is an excellent location to while away the hottest part of the day without roasting the kids; and the Beach Pool, with infinity views over the rolling surf.

All facilities are high quality, although many show signs of age and would certainly benefit from some investment in renovation, rather than simply maintenance (which is adequate). The room was a decent size and well maintained, with a comfortable king size bed, decent tv and DVD player (ideal for kids!). The bathroom offers an enormous bath and rain shower.

The breakfast buffet is superb and offers a broad choice of Asian and western favourites. I adore Vietnamese noodle soup, so started each day with a made-to-order beef or chicken pho as well as a pile of tasty fruit (dragon fruit was the best I've ever enjoyed). Chinese dim sum was great, as were all the western options. Particular commendation to the pastry chef for inventive fruit danish and donuts, with new ideas every day.

For the evening, all-day dining and room service, we can certainly recommend the excellent pizzas, which delighted adults and kids alike. We tried out the new steakhouse and enjoyed our meal, although we were left with a bitter taste as the staff (including the so-called 'F&B Manager') tried to game the bill in order to reduce the 20% discount we had been offered for staying 7+ days. It was an unfortunate incident, which thankfully was sorted out patiently by the front-desk duty manager, Ms Hoang -- who deserves special praise for recognising that guests never like to feel ripped off.

Cafe Indochine offers passable evening fare and a good-value seafood buffet, with fresh choices cooked to order. Personally I would have enjoyed a more extensive Vietnamese menu.

Evening happy hours at the two bars were a nice way to round off the day and slide into the evening.

Hotel services merit special mention. Kids room was good and kept kids entertained. Our daughter enjoyed 'Swim to Survive' swimming lessons with Hil. Special thanks to tennis/yoga/tai chi instructor Sinh, who was good value -- although the tennis court is perhaps in need of resurfacing.

Shuttle bus to Hoi An is a great service and this unique historic town is well worth visiting. I would encourage the hotel to run an evening service more frequently than once a month, as Hoi An has so much to offer that many guests will want to visit several times.

Overall, we can recommend Furama as a solid, family-friendly option for a beach holiday -- and we will be glad to return after a renovation.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Dan T and family!,
Great to hear that your Easter Holiday with us here at the Furama Resort turned out to be comfortable and relaxing.
We have well noted your comments on the 'aging' of the resort and are constantly maintaining the facilities to give our guests a luxury and relaxing surroundings.
Your comments on our waste breakfast offer and the variety of evening meals are also greatly appreciated and will be transferred to our kitchen brigade. We are well aware of the problem you encountered in regards to the 20% discount vouchers and have taken it up with all the restaurant staff again to avoid future problems.
In regards to the Vietnamese food in the Cafe Indochine, we do have over 20 dishes alone on the evening buffet and 25 unique Vietnamese dishes on the a-la-carte Menu the guest can choose from. For special requests, our chefs have no problem to cook it for our guests as well.
For your information, we will start renovating the resort at the end of summer and will look forward to offer plenty of 'new' experiences to our guests.

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Furama for 2 nights in April 2014 and were pretty impressed. Hotel pick up was great with flowers, champagne and fruit in the car. On arrival we had been upgraded to a deluxe oceanview suite on account if celebrating our engagement, there was also rose petals and a cake in our room : -). Pool facilities are really great, and the views ate phenomenal. Housekeeping didn't make up our room until nearly 5pm which we found quite odd, but apparently theye clean between 9 and 5 daily. Food at the Italian restaurant was among the best meals we had during the trip (try the cheese tortellini), but the breakfast buffet is lacking a large range of western food and the cocktails during happy hour were really weak. Overall a great resort with amazing communication and attention to detail regarding our little extras.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KlaraLeticia
FuramaGeneralManager, General Manager at Furama Resort Danang, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Klara Leticia,
Thank you for your great report and we are truly pleased to hear that your stay turned out to be just great especially in regards to communication and attention to details on 'little extras'. We are always keen and concentrate on these little 'extras' which makes our resort just that little bit different from other hotels.
I have taken up the 'late' room cleaning and the cocktails on the happy hour. We actually holding a bartenders training as I write this response in order do extend their flair and professionalism.
We are constantly searching, planning and organizing improvements in all our areas and do hope you will have a chance to experience those in a future visit to our resort.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed here with my fiance a few weeks ago for 4 nights. Overall we loved being there. Unlike many other places in Danang this actually felt like a resort and not just a hotel. While it is has aged, it's foundations provide the typical resort feel. We had an ocean front room on the ground level and loved it. We tended to use the garden pool because it was a little more secluded and private. Most of the staff were excellent. Although the shuttle to Hoi An isn't at the most convenient times for eating out, the resort always organised us a taxi at an amazing price! The spa was the best priced spa we come across our entire trip and excellent value for money! I am gluten intolerant and struggled a bit throughout my entire stay in Vietnam and even more so at Furama. The language barrier made it almost impossible to eat there so that was frustrating. Although I understand this is my problem, the Pullman in Saigon had this stated on their menu so I would suggest that this could be an option to help guests. This would be my only hesitation in returning to this resort. I would recommend staying here to anyone that isn't overly fussy and wants the cliche resort style holiday!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kirsty M

Dear Kirsty and fiancee,
We are delighted to hear that your stay with us turned out to be just 'lovely'.
It is true that our resort is very different from all the other 'standard' looking resorts and gives a feeling of warmth and relaxation which cannot be matched by any other of our competitors.
Your comments on the shuttle bus and our excellent spa were passed to our staff which are always delighted to hear that their efforts are greatly appreciated.
In regards to the gluten diet, we have well noted your comment and are working on balancing our menu accordingly. thank you for pointing this out to us.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

We chose the Furama resort as one of the destinations on our honeymoon trip and are extremely happy with the service we received during our stay there. The staff is extremely courteous and helpful, and the resort beach and pool facilities are beautiful! On the flip side, the food we had at the restaurant Indochine on two nights (buffet and a la carte) gave the husband and I upset stomachs on both nights. We are accustomed to eating at all kinds of places, so were really surprised we fell ill on both nights. The breakfast as well as the buffet spread is pretty exhaustive though. The body massage at the spa was really good and relaxing, the facial and foot massage services were strictly okay. Another area the resort needs to improve is the frequency of the shuttles between Hoi An and Da Nang, it runs only twice a day.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
FuramaGeneralManager, General Manager at Furama Resort Danang, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Fatima & Party,
thank you for the review of your holiday and the great comment on our services and facilities.
We are however sorry to hear that your experience in our Cafe Indochine turned out to be unpleasant and you both got sick. We have very well noted your concern and took it up with our team of chefs, however, it is difficult to know what exactly caused you both this stomach upset since we don't exactly know what you ate during those meals. Furthermore, you might have eaten the wrong dishes after the first stomach upset which might have caused the second stomach upset. Those can come from many factors including just drinking simple water, eating creamy dishes after hot dishes or even having been exposed to too much sun during the day or just the climate change. Since we did not have any other reports from guests, it is really difficult to get on the bottom of this.
Nevertheless, we thank you for having taken your time to write to us and rest assured that we take utmost precautions and have extremely high food purchase, preparation and cooking policies in place in order to guarantee that only top quality food is presented and served to our guests.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I visited Furama with my two kids and my cousin met us there. I chose this hotel because it had a kids club, but my kids actually never went to it. I will mention a little about the kids club because I couldn't find any information about it when I was searching for hotels in DaNang. There are two kids clubs Junior (under 6y/o) and Senior (6-12y/o). The senior offered things like kite-making and flying, kayaking, karate, origami, and swimming. They also had video games for the kids to play if they desired. There seemed to be many kids participating in the kids club, but my kids were entertained by the pool, the beach playground, and playing in the sand/ocean. Another thing about the kids club is that you had to reserve an hour in advance...this is something we've never had to do at other resorts. Some things in the kids club were free and you had to pay for others.

Other than the kids club, we can review how much we enjoyed the service and the fact that we never had to fight for beds at the pool or on the beach! There were always plenty of places to sit and plenty of kids for my kids to play with while I drank and read pool-side.

The airport pick-up was one of the best I've ever experienced! A concierge, Hai, came with the driver to retrieve us. He spoke English fluently and did way more than what is required of him during our trip!

I felt that the food was just OK, and the prices weren't bad for a resort. The deluxe garden view room was roomy, nice, and clean. My only suggestion is to get rid of the mold in the bathroom crevices. There wasn't a lot, but enough to notice.

This is a great place for kids which makes it a relaxing place for their parents!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank travelingpastamama
FuramaGeneralManager, General Manager at Furama Resort Danang, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Dear Pyeong Teak,
Thank you for your time to write this review and we are very happy to hear that your stay turned out to be great for you and your kids!
We have indeed a large selection of games and activities for kids with our two different kids club as well as another playground on the beach where children get all the action they are looking for and the parents some of their relaxation they deserve.
In regards to the booking of one hour in advance, I believe this was for the babysitter which is an extra service and we need some time to get our specialist ready which takes some time to arrange.
We have also noted your comment on the mold in the bathroom crevices which were duly noted and taken care of immediately.
Thank you again for your comment and we hope that we will have the chance to welcoming you back for another great holiday within the not too distant future.