“A little bit of paradise”

Furama Resort Danang
Ranked #18 of 275 Hotels in Da Nang
Sydney, Australia
“A little bit of paradise”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Great hotel resort with helpful staff, lovely big rooms and great location. Only slight disappointment was that there was only one restaurant serving local cuisine and the menu did not change so we ate in Hoi An most nights. The spa was great and easy to get appointments and change them. Only 25 mins from Hoi An and worth the trip back and forth. The beach was just perfect and no issue getting a lounge in the shade at any time of day.

Room Tip: The ocean front rooms are definitely worthwhile
1 Thank PrincessMFT
FuramaGeneralManager, General Manager at Furama Resort Danang, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Princess MFT,
We are delighted to hear that your stay turned out to be most enjoyable, both in facilities and great services. In regards to the local cuisine, we have an extensive local food menu in the Cafe Indochine which can be served in any of the other restaurants or the Ocean Terrace. I am sorry to hear that you were not guided accordingly. Nevertheless, we will be able to offer you this on your next trip to the resort should we get the pleasure of your visit again.
Matthias Wiesmann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We spent 3 nights at the Furama resort and although we were extremely excited to stay here as it looked beautiful, we had a string of constant issues which became quite irritating and tiresome alongside a major problem which tainted the whole stay.

The worst of these was that the housekeeping staff when cleaning our room, riffled through my handbag, emptied the contents, went through my purse and actually counted out our money, and then took it all out of the room, along with some costume jewellery and kept it in reception, leaving us a note to collect it. As you can imagine we felt absolutely violated that they had been through our belongings and removed them from our bedroom, but when they handed me a inventory of all the items they took so I could check we got them back, I was mortified to see that they had made a list of the notes in my purse. The reason they did this was because we hadn't locked our things away in the safe, although they asked for no ID when I collected my things. I complained to the hotel manager who informed me that the procedure of taking guests valuables from the room is to prevent the staff from stealing them. Unbelievable I know!!! The manager himself was extremely rude (probably because I was a women complaining and not a guy) he wouldn't look at me when we were speaking, he just keep telling me that I didn't understand, and we should have locked our things in the room safe. There was nothing in the hotel policies to suggest that our possessions weren't safe in the room and would be removed by housekeeping.

The rest of the problems we had were minor but constant and became tiresome, like
- It took 15-20mins to get 2 drinks from the poolside bar (either one).
- The building work was all day and there were bits of brick and other building materials flying down from over the lounge entrance which you had to dodge.
- The towels by the pool were smelly (B.O), day after day, even first thing in the morning so clearly weren't washed, the smell got worse as the days went on.
- At all the breakfasts we had to find waitresses to ask them for tea and coffee.
- There weren't enough umbrellas around the pool for shade.
- The wifi coverage was very hit or miss, I couldn't make a Skype call even sat in the business centre.
- The food was quite bad, the breakfast is a mix of quite random things, you can't get a full English or a warm croissant but you can have noodles or fruit.
- We heard 3 different people complaining about the food in the Ocean Terrace so we didn't bother in there and the Italian is so expensive we didn't eat at all in the hotel.
- The drinks were really expensive £2.70 for a can of fanta, and the staff gave the wrong change both times we paid with cash.
- The complimentary fruit platter in the room was usually 2 bananas and 2 Physalis
- The air conditioning was completely inadequate for the size of room and also very noisy

We spent 3 weeks in Vietnam and the 3 days at Furama was suppose to be a bit special for us. We wanted it to be amazing but it was such a disappointment. The attitude and unhelpfulness of most of the staff and the manager was really uncalled for and we have complained since coming back home but to no avail. I would never go back nor recommend it. if you are looking for a 5 star beach hotel in the area then the Fusion Maia next door looks good.

PS the beach was amazing and we would definitely recommend booking a hotel with a private beach as the public section was overcrowded with Vietnamese teens spitting everywhere!!

Room Tip: Don't bother paying to upgrade to a garden view room as just past the garden is a building site...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Feebee989
Thank you very much for your concern regarding your previous stay at the Furama Resort Danang. I would like to proceed with the explanation requested from the hotel’s side which you have already received from your Travel Agent.
We surely know that there are certain, reasonable expectations the guests have when paying for a hotel room, such as a good night's sleep, excellent service, top amenities and so on, therefore the assurance that no one is going to break into their hotel room and make off with their iPods, laptops, wallets or jewelry. Now, we're not saying that our guests will be victims of stealing whenever they stay at a Furama Resort but these things can happen whether you're in a roadside hotel or a five-star hotel in Danang or anywhere else in the world.
You may understand in today’s hospitality many 5 star resorts will not take responsibility for any loss in the guest rooms and that is why this procedure has been put in place as we are anticipating any incidents by making sure the belongings of our guests are always safe as it is our top priority to make our guests feel comfortable and safe.
The witness procedure is very clear and with great guests appreciation, as it reassures them that we care about their safety. The procedure can lead in 2 ways:
1. Some guests forget sometimes to lock their safety deposit box, our housekeeping staff will report it to security and the procedure will be witnessed by 3 departments: Security, Front Office and Housekeeping. We will lock the safe with our own code and will leave an informative note advising the guests about it.
2. The other is when the guests valuable items have been left in the room and not placed in the safety boxes: if the safety box of the guests is closed or the items does not fit in we will proceed to take the items to the hotels safety box and in order to avoid the guests thinking their items have been taken from the room. An informative note is placed to contact the Front Desk as their items have been witnessed.
3. Policy on passport/id.card check when guests requests their items back at FO is in place.
Why we note down the list of items in detail? For whenever it is returned to the guests they have a proof of what has been taken and returned to avoid future misunderstandings.
I understand that you were upset and maybe the explanation of this procedure was not properly handed over or briefed in advance and I would like to personally apologize for this. I also have cross checked with our Housekeeping department to make sure that this procedure is followed properly to avoid our guests questioning it in the future. Be assured that from the hotels side the CC information is kept extremely confidential and that no one has gone through her stuff while it was kept at our safe.
In regards to the other services we will certainly take your feedback very serious and this issue has been addressed to the departments concerned and corrective actions has been taken. English courses with a qualified foreign teacher are given twice a week for our staff to improve and serve our guests better.
As mentioned to you and your Travel Agent already, we would like to invite her for a 3 nights complimentary stay courtesy of our General Manager. Kindly contact directly reservation@furamavietnam.com
Please do not hesitate to contact me for further assistance.
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Very nice & relaxing holiday in Da Nang.The hotel is really good: very nice location right on the beach. And you can take advantage of free shuttles to Da Nang city center & to Hoi An.
Rooms are wide and well appointed. Two swimming pools and a very long 6 uncroweded beach. A drawback? Just one: beds are really hard.
Would I recommend this hotel? Definetely YES!

1 Thank Paola R
FuramaGeneralManager, General Manager at Furama Resort Danang, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Paola,
It is great to hear that your stay with us turned out to be most pleasant. It is true that we are located on the most magnificent stretch of Danang Beach and together with our unique architecture, facilities and services makes our resort a true jewel for total relaxation. The two distinct swimming pools, the tropical gardens, the large beach with the finest sand you can find in the world as well as the many tourist attractions (3 world heritage sites, the multi-faced country side, the unique towns of Hue, Danang and HoiAn combined with this unique stretch of the 35 km beach makes Danang a place not to be missed for a relaxing and versatile beach and cultural holiday.
We hope that we get the chance to welcome you back to explore more of this beautiful region and wish you all the best.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed in a spacious and beautiful 3-bedroom pool villa (May 6-9). The villa itself was very nice with a pool next to living room. Unfortunately, our stay was highlighted with my 4 year-old serious allergy reaction with mosquito bites on her face causing her eye to swollen up and could barely open her eye. She got the bites on the first night we arrived. Subsequent nights, we moved to a 2nd villa and finally received mosquito net ( after multiple requests) which helped. The 1st villa was surrounded by many under-construction villas with dust, noises and construction workers walking by starting from 7AM. We moved to 2nd villa and things improved a little but we could still smell the lacquer/paint from 2 villas away while we were swimming in the pool out in the garden. Anyhow, it would be a pleasant place to chill and enjoy the beach when all constructions are done and don’t forget to request for mosquito net!

Room Tip: Stay away from villas under construction or maintainance.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mochichi99
Dear Californians,
We appreciate the review on your stay at our villas and are sorry to hear that your stay was marred by mosquito bites to your child. I can assure you that this matter is being addressed together with finishing the construction works of these villas. We are looking forward to the completion of these works following which we will be able to offer outstanding facilities in complete comfort as well as highly professional services. We do hope to get the chance to welcome you back for another visit towards the end of this year or next year. Please do not hesitate to let me know and I shall make sure your stay will be a truly memorable one.
WEST SUSSEX
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Just back from 2 weeks staying at the Fumara. It is a truly great place to stay. From the moment we arrived felt really welcome. We arrived after the long flight from the UK and were met with a lovely tropical drink and a cold towel and shown to our room. I had requested a room overlooking the lagoon pool on the 2nd floor and this was exactly what we were given. I had also mentioned we were celebrating my husband’s birthday and it was a lovely surprise to receive a cake complete with candle. We have never stayed in a hotel which paid so much attention to detail. All the staff say hello and have a friendly smile.
Room
In the room we found big fluffy white towels, lovely toiletries plus toothbrushes, comb, razor, sewing kit etc. Wi-fi is also supplied free. There was also a dish of dried fruit and cute dish of sweets, flip flops, sunhats and beach bag for our use. Every day the room was supplied with fresh fruit and chocolates in the evening - the attention to detail was amazing.
Pools
The lagoon pool is out of this world and surrounded by a tropical garden and I will have a lasting memory of the fragrant smell of the frangipani in this garden, it was paradise. The gardens are kept beautiful by a team of gardeners. The infinity pool is lovely too and so warm it was like stepping into a hot bath.
Beach
The beach is huge and stretches for miles. We had no problem finding a sun bed by either of the pools or the beach and the moment you sat down we were supplied with beach towels by the very attentive life guards.
The whole place is stunning and I would thorough recommend it to anyone.
The breakfast is good and caters to all tastes. We ate in on two occasions. Firstly, in the Italian and secondly in the new Steak House on the beach. Both were excellent but, if I had any criticism at all, it is that we found the food rather expensive.
The hotel is slightly out of the way and there is not a lot in the close vicinity but we did come across two places where we enjoyed a meal. If you go out of the entrance of the hotel, turn right and walk 8 – 10 minutes passing the Pullman Hotel and the entrance to the Premier Villas, on the other side of the road you will see Shin’s Garden which is a nice place to sit and have a drink before continuing a little further and you will come across the Babylon Restaurant. It has a pretty little garden upstairs and you can have a very reasonable meal and watch the world go by. My favourite dish was the king prawns which were only 180 VND (£3) but they also serve many local dishes.
Slightly further along on the same side of the road is MURPHY’S STEAK HOUSE. If you would like a really good meal, here you will find steaks, pork, lamb shanks, chicken etc. The restaurant is a really comfortable air conditioned and the girls there speak good English and are a pleasure to talk with. They happily answered all our questions the war, history, trips we might enjoy and even taught us a few words in Vietnamese. Thoughtfully, one of them even slipped out on her moped without my knowledge to get me a special coffee which I had requested – nothing was too much trouble for them! Chris, the owner, is usually sitting outside and enjoys having a drink with his customers. If you do go, and I recommend that you do, say hello to Chris, his lovely staff Choung, both Linhs, Anh, Thoum and the others from the couple from Sussex. Sorry if I missed anyone or misspelt any names. Good luck with your studies girls and we hope to see you all again x x
Taxis
The hotel will book you a cab but we found it cheaper to pick up a green cab taxi outside the hotel gates and the driver will take you into Hoi An wait 3 hours and bring you back for 500,000 VND (£15 approx) or go to Danang Waterfront for 17,000 VND (£5).
Hoi An
This is a great place to spend and evening. It is light up by different colour silk lanterns which make it so pretty and a lovely place to wander around and do a bit of shopping. We can also recommend the Green Mango restaurant. This is an authentic Vietnamese restaurant which serves wonderful food at a very reasonable price.
Danang
Waterfront in Danang is well worth a visit at night. We found good restaurant next to the Brilliant Hotel with a balcony where you could sit outside and watch the crazy traffic go past and have a view of the dragon bridge.
The hotel runs a free shuttle bus during the day and it is well worth a trip to Han market where there are, if you bargain hard, there are many bargains – shoes, hats, material, fruit etc.
Trips
We booked Jack Trans fishing trip through the hotel. It was a very enjoyable trip . Jack speaks very good English and his dad Captain Cook steers the fishing boat and does the cooking. Not a cheap trip but lots of fun and you are also served with a fantastic meal on board and you also get to do some fishing and ride in the round boats and the local exuberant guys make it so enjoyable.
We hired a taxi for 4 hours 700,000 VND and the driver took us to Monkey mountain and the 200 ft high Buddha, Son Tra Peninsula, Linh Ung Pagoda, Fairy’s Chinese Chess Board (way up in the clouds) and back via marble mountain. A great trip and good way to see some of the countryside. Linh from Murphy’s Restaurant kindly wrote out the itinerary for us.
Hope this information is useful. I will be happy to answer any questions you may have. The Vietnamese people are lovely. Enjoy Vietnam we did!!

Room Tip: Second floor overlooking the lagoon pool - just wonderful!
5 Thank HOLIDAYSAREOURHOBBY
FuramaGeneralManager, General Manager at Furama Resort Danang, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear guests from West Sussex,
Thank you so much for the complete and informative feedback of your stay which was very helpful and gives the readers a good impression about not only our magnificent resort but the whole Central Vietnam as a destination. I couldn't promote it better!
Your comments are not only very realistic and describe the resort and its surroundings the best way when exploring this amazing destination.
Your review should be rewarded as the best ambassador for this region and be the best of indication for all future guests to enjoy it in their own personal way as you did.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Absolutely stunned when we arrived here for 3 nights..... Stunning Reception area, friendly staff. Room was magnificent with balcony over Lagoon Pool.... !! Felt and looked like we were in a tropical paradise. Rooms were large, beds perfect, Bathroom was stunning... Lots of food choices with a variety of Restaurants to choose from. Food was delicious. The main pool with the smaller infinity pool joined to it was Huge.... and looked straight out to the sand of the beach and Ocean. All beds for sunbathing on beach with wicker type umbrellas, kites flying in the sky... Prices of course were in the higher bracket, but that is expected from a Resort.

Can not say enough about this hotel and the quality of everything they have..

Will be back!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank qt2boot
FuramaGeneralManager, General Manager at Furama Resort Danang, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Perthians!,
Thank you very much for the great review and we are very happy to hear that you liked our facilities and services as well as our great variety of Restaurants. Yes, we just opened our Steak House "The Fan" located right on the beach where we offer all a truly meat lover would expect including teppanyaki!
Our two swimming pools are truly unique, one in the shadows of our tropical gardens and the other one, an infinity pool, right in touch with the magnificent Danang Beach.
We have indeed improved our facilities and services and will continue to do so with the renovation of our main Restaurant, starting at the end of the summer season.
In regards to the pricing, we are also constantly monitoring and adjusting those to our guest's expectations but understand that the expectations of our many international guests can vary and that is why our guest services team is always on the floor and close to assist and get the guest's opinions.
We would certainly look forward to welcoming you again soon and experience yet another "absolute luxury" stay.
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed 4 days at the resort and felt very relaxed and ready to carry on with our holiday. The room was right on the beach front and the bathroom was huge. The whole resort was spotless and the service was excellent. The pools were gorgeous and we always seemed to be able to find a lounger. The only down side was the food which was very average.

1 Thank nzsheryl
Dear New Zealanders,
It is great to hear that your stay with us was most relaxing and shows us that our efforts to project this true experience to our guests is well appreciated!
We are constantly working on our services with different trainings concentrated on the English language training, our standards and especially also our direct contacts with our guests.
For your information, our new executive chef has just joined us. He is of German National and has great experiences from top international resorts and Michelin Star restaurants. Our aim is to give our resort a true culinary experience besides the great facilities and excellent services.
We do hope that you will have another chance to experience our resort and would look forward to welcoming you back soon.