“Convenient and great price!”
Review of Sion Hotel

Sion Hotel
Ranked #159 of 420 Da Nang B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This hotel is very basic - but the room was clean, it had working A/C and television and comfortable beds.

My brother and I stayed here for one night just because we needed something close to the airport (and cheap) before our early morning flight the next day. This was perfect.

The only issue was the doors/walls must be thin because you can hear what goes on in the stairwell (in our case, lots of really loud teens around midnight.... but we asked the amazingly helpful gentleman doing the night shift to ask them to stop and he did, which was great). You can also hear everything happening in the bathroom (in our room at least).

However as I said, GREAT price for a great and convenient location in Danang, and the nicest night staff man you will meet.

Also some people have complained about having to walk in the alley - it is not a big deal at all - it's such a short walk (10 seconds?) and it is wide and safe.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank vjc1984

Reviewed 12 January 2014

If you are looking for a 3-4 stars hotel with fancy decoration, this is not for you.

But if you are seeking to stay in Da Nang for a decent price, this is the best choice. The hotel itself is not rated, but it's rather nice and well equiped (should be 2 stars).

First of all, you'll have everything you need for a 2 stars hotel room: fridge, air conditioning, LCD cable TV, very comfortable beds, furniture (chairs/table/lamp). All in good condition. Only the bathroom is a litlle behind the standard. Overall the room is quite big and clean.

The location is nice too, it locates right in the centre of the city, 5 minutes walking to the Dragon bridge. Lots of local restaurant around the corner.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. Ask them for advices and information about where to go & one-day tours, or they can help you to rent car/motobike so you can check out things yourself.

All in all, very good price/quality, lower season it goes from $9-12.

Room Tip: 1-3rd floor rooms are recently renovated
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Yohann T
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Good value for a clean room and a great location in a quiet side street near by the dragon bridge. Service is friendly. Cheap breakfasts can be found near by. It's an hostel, just dont expect anything more.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank CityEnd
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I booked 2 twins rooms through agoda with 20USD/ room for 2 persons. The images on the web were really surprising me and with small budget, I said "yes" with this hotel. But when I came, I really disappointed. I booked 2 twins, but I got 1 twins in 3rd floor and 1 double in 5th floor. This hotel just have 8 rooms, so I think we should call it hostel. The problem is the twins room in 3rd floor was really amazing. It was clean, large, comfortable. But double room in 5th floor was smaller with a big and dusty balcony, old restroom. I was surprised because balcony was larger than my room. Besides, my air conditioner didnt work out and my room was pen room, so I couldn't take hot weather then I requested to change room. The bad point was they didnt have elevator and bellman, so it was hard for you to bring heavy luggage like me. I was changed to twin room in 1st floor in the next day. It looked like same room in 3rd floor, except my restroom was old, disgusting smell. I requested change room again, receptionist said that they only had 2 twins rooms in 1st and 3rd floor, accepted that or change back to double room in 5th floor. I had nothing to say. I couldnt take hot weather and brought heavy luggage go up and down, so I accepted room in 1st floor. The most important thing was you could have a nice dream in cool room, you were not stayed in disgusting restroom more 10 minutes, right ? Try to take it !
Another problem was happened when I slept after lunch. My family was really freaking out when hearing fire alarm. We run out of the room right away. Receptionist said it was no problem, just because of damage fire alarm. We came back room and continued hearing that noise for 1 hour 18 minutes. It was really awful experience and I never come back this hostel again.

Room Tip: If you want a twin room, choose the room in 3rd floor. ONLY this room can use. Remember that ! If re...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Vichy M
Reviewed 24 May 2013

i will share my pros and cons.

pros:

very cheap.

very near to airport and cham museum.

spacious room

two double beds

cons:

old looking toilet that could be improved with maintainence

balcony full of dust due to constructions

no lift and have to climb stairs

no safe in the room

room doors don't look secure

hotel situated in an intimidating looking alley

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bobdog808
Reviewed 24 March 2013

this hotel located at the city centre but off the main road means back of the alley...so the taxi cant go inside to send you at the front of the hotel. the staff was friendly and helpful. the room was big and spacious got mini bar as well. various tv channel to choose from local to international. bathroom also big and good shower. really basic hotel for one night stay. unfortunately this hotel don't have elevator, so have to lift your luggage all the way up to the room.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shahzan82
Reviewed 26 January 2013

We just need several hours in Da Nang before we catch the night train to Nha Trang and we found this place for the price that I didn't regret. We were surprise how great the room is. Location just several blocks from the river, so is not that far away and the train station is only 10 minutes by taxi

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple