“Great hotel”
Review of D&C Hotel

D&C Hotel
Ranked #7 of 421 Da Nang B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stayed Here for one night after a poor experience at another hotel. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The hotel is very clean, and you can't beat the view. There is a sky bar restaurant on the top floor which was great as well. Breakfast was nicely done, and once again the view was awesome. The hotel is located walking distance to the river which was nice. Recommend staying here.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I loved this hotel Very very clean Staff were very helpful The view of the cities lights from the roof top restaurant was amazing Nothing was to much for them Free samples were offered to see what we would like for dinner Dined up there most nights after long tours The staff wrote out for us what we should pay for boat rides Save us a few dollars Thank you for making our time inDaNang a happy one

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I've been to Vietnam twice and have stayed at many hotels. This is my first time in Da Nang and I'm very happy that we booked this place. It is very clean and the plumbing actually works! There's a restaurant on the 8th floor with an amazing view of the city. Our family prefers to walk most places instead of using taxis so it is nice that it is near some neat local cafes and restaurants and a taxi ride into the heart of the city is just a couple of bucks.

The staff here is very friendly and is very helpful as well. The only downside I can think of are the beds here. It seems most hotels typically have very stiff mattresses and pillows. I've heard that it is how Vietnamese people prefer their mattresses so I am not surprised. So if you usually sleep on plushy beds, be ready for a few nights of tossing and turning. I think I will eventually get used to it?

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Stayed here just 1 night, would have liked to stay longer, but was full for the fireworks competition. Will write a full an honest review, and on reflection, to do this, seems it might give a negative impression to some, but have rated it 'very good' as, random problems aside, that was the overall rating I feel happy giving.

First impressions - very modern, clean and welcoming hotel (we had stayed at the Mango Hotel the night before to be close to the beach, and although that was fine, it was a welcome relief walking in here as seemed so much newer and of a higher standard).

Rooms:
Pros - really modern, new, solid, quiet, great view and really comfortable bed
Cons - Weird, as although really clean, well sealed, and high up, had a bit of a cockroach encounter when returning for a shower. Went straight downstairs and managed to communicate it to the concierge man, who came straight up armed with his spray and removed them for me. I personally see these pesky creatures as a not so pleasant part of travelling in Asia, so not sure you can blame a particular place for them being there.

Staff:
Pros - were really welcoming and friendly, the concierge guys were so lovely and helpful (see above).
Cons - must say that one of the reasons we chose this place was the previous reviews of the English-speaking staff, as we had quite a few things to sort out i.e posting parcels, train tickets etc - and although they were lovely and certainly tried their best, we did not encounter any staff who spoke good English and so it was really difficult to get any of this stuff sorted, we ended up sorting it all ourselves (all part of the adventure but not the relaxing time we envisioned).

Food & Drink:
Dinner - heard about the German restaurant, and after a long days walking, decided to stay at the hotel and try it - Lovely welcoming young german couple, cold beers, good wine and view from the rooftop is fantastic - had the place to ourselves, very romantic. We both enjoyed the food, I had local german pasta dish, Yum, and the boy had the german sausage, tasted good, nice change to Nam food. The only negative was the next day the boy had stomach 'issues' which in 3 months in Asia, he had not had before, this could have been from anything really though, and not that major, probably more likely that he was used to Asian food now and just not used to rich western food.

Breakfast- was not run by the German chefs (who I believe lease the restaurant space in the evening) - was fine, typical Vietnamese doing western kind, choice of eggs etc - complimented with a lovely morning view from the rooftop restaurant

Location:
Pros: Quiet area across the river from the chaos, great views
Cons (potentially): We found it walkable to the other side and all the action, but may be too far to walk in the heat for some, taxis are cheap though

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EG860
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I think it depends on what your biggest draw to Da Nang is. If it's the beach, then this place is quite close. If you would prefer to roam the markets, go to the museum etc. then unless you hire a motorbike, it's quite far. I haven't ridden a motorbike ever, so it was quite daunting to rent one, especially since I was traveling alone, and I didn't want to risk getting into an accident and all that hoopla. The thing is, they don't rent out bicycles like some other hotels do in Da Nang. So for me, it was very difficult to go around anywhere.
The room itself were very very clean and spotless - I have nothing to complain about there. The ensuite bathroom and showers were excellent. Air conditioning excellent.
The staff don't speak English that well and that was a bit of a downer, but overall it was okay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We have just spent 2 nights here and enjoyed our time in Da Nang but the hotel has left me with really mixed feelings.

The great:
- Rooms are clean, spacious and bright
- The location of the hotel is good if you want to go to the beach
- They let us check out an hour later as we were getting a bus
- The breakfast options and the breakfast were good but didn't include any drinks

The not-so-great:
- Their level of English is really poor. I know that certain things shouldn't be always catered to tourists but I would say that when we ask for a simple thing like butter for our bread they understand, its not the most difficult of questions.
- They walked in on us in the morning, waking us up at 8am. We didn't have the do not disturb sign on the door as the hotel has a strict company policy on leaving your key with them. If they checked this then they would see that our key wasn't handed in and we were in our room.
- There was a horrid sewage smell coming from what seemed like the air conditioner
- It was so noisy when the person in the room next store had a shower
- There was a conference going on so we didn't get to eat our breakfast in the restaurant or go there for a drink during the day

I won't say we would never stay here again but I'm not sure if its worth it. I know in Vietnam that their English isn't as good as other South East Asia countries but it really did make it very hard to communicate. When you ask a basic question and you get a blank stare back it does test your patience.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I live here, close to Da Nang nearly 2 years and I was very pleased to learn, that the management of the D&C Hotel did a step out of a local traditions and opened the Skybar restaurant with a german kitchen. The german chief cook is a magician. I come there quite often to enjoy the composition of that pleasant atmosphere with a view out of the 8. floor over the Da Nang city and the tasty dishes, served by a friendly staff. Despite those 10.000 km far from my country I feel here like at home. Roman

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo