“Mixed feelings”

White Snow Hotel Danang
Ranked #79 of 286 Hotels in Da Nang
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Im confused about this place. The staff were lovely and helpful even if english was limited. So helpful that they (Lien) was kind enough to write me a note in Vietnamese to get me out of a pickle. The room was big and cleaned well. Breakfast, I was able to eat from the selection provided but clear that they do not cater for the western tourist, when travelling with kids some sort of cereal is a must or a selection of fruit. Well positioned by dragon bridge, street has a few good local eateries and not far from beach. Used hotel driver for a couple of trips and felt they were well priced 700.000 to Ba na hills and 1200,000 to My son returning via Hoi An. All in all a good hotel, breakfast lets it down a little.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank SRB340

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stated at this hotel in March and the location was perfect. I could safely walk everywhere or catch a taxi from outside the door. The room was huge & clean and the service was great too. I'd definitely recommend this place

Room Tip: if you're from Australia & you book direct you get a 10% discount
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Fiona_Karen_Linny
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This new hotel is beautiful! Not so well known by tourists as generally catering to Vietnamese travellers, it is a well kept secret! For a little more than we would normally pay for budget hotels, we were thrilled to find this place. Centrally located, close to Dragon Bridge and WELL INSULATED - SO QUIET in the rooms. Rooms were spacious and scrupulously clean. There's even a couple of speedy elevators! Breakfast buffet style and egg counter too if you wish. All staff were extremely accommodating! Treat yourself!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank LozMelbourne
Reviewed 10 April 2014

1/ One of the nice hotel I have stayed in my life. Free wifi all day. The beds were wonderful to sleep on. Rooms were neat and the washrooms were also well maintained. Breakfast was delicious and there were verities also. The receptionists were very very kind and helpful . I recommend this hotel for you to stay.
2/Great hotel, nice and clean rooms with a beautiful view. The breakfast is fantastic and dinner is very good as well.
3/Wow!! This was an awesome place to stay. In our room there was a smart TV and some food/drink items. The people were very nice and their customer service was impeccable. Since we arrived before the checkin the they held our bags. There is a bridge very close and we could go to the beach by bicycle.
4/ The Hotel excellent service (you check in in your room, after you've approved it), decor was a little stuffy for my taste. but it's exactly what you expect from this kind of hotel at this price point. no surprises. but when you just get off a 12 hour flight, no surprises is perfect.
5/beautiful location (although not central) . dining room is especially handsome. service is impeccable. we had a wonderful suite, so i can't compare to regular rooms.
6/the service was a bit lacking. we were part of a large convention at the hotel. the restaurant was very good. the concierge are quite good at getting you places expecially restaurants. stay next door for a huge savings. this hotel is not worth the price for the rooms alone.
7/Great place to stay!!!:)Loved it to bits!It was the first time that I`ve stayed in a hotel.Great and very helpful staff!!! Each room is designed by a different artist based around a different concept. What a fantastic experience!
8/Beautiful hotel, close to town, rooms cozy and lovely. The staff was helpful, the valet service was convenient and prompt, and althought hey don't have an in house spa they took care of making a booking for us at a fantastic spa in town.
9/Stayed during the end of the year and it was a very pleasant stay. All the staff was very friendly, approachable and helpful. Check-in and Check-out was smooth and the hotel itself was in good condition. I booked a superior double room and the room was clean and larger then other hotels I have stayed.
10/we booked a budget hotel in the center, Very good budget place. Rooms are clean, new, with television, good soft bed and pillow, clean blankets, big shower and everything you can pretend for a buisness/budget hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sam h
Reviewed 10 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank sam h
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This is a rather new hotel on the outskirts of the city but not too far that you cannot walk in to the city centre if you enjoy walking. The room was beautiful and very clean and fresh with a view overlooking the street. Quite a few restaurants nearby that were very popular with the local people. The staff were very accommodating and friendly. We only stayed one night as we were catching a flight the next day, but our stay here was very comfortable.
One of the owners was in reception when we checked out and we complimented him on the hotel. He even gave us 10% discount!
Definitely worthy of 4 stars.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sandy K
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I chose this hotel from the internet description and commentary by others, both of which lead happily to an excellent choice. My room was spotlessly clean, there was an ample choice at breakfast and eggs and bacon would be cooked for me if requested. Most of the time I preferred the delicious Vietnamese choices.
Bathroom facilities were excellent, bed comfortable and excellent Wifi was available in the room.
Car hire with driver was available at a reasonable charge.
Most staff had difficulty with English but the English speaking Australian educated duty manager was always at the the end of the line if required and most helpful.
White Snow was a great choice and made my stay in Da Nang most enjoyable.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo