“A temple inside a cave”

356 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 233 helpful votes
“A temple inside a cave”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This was a pleasant place to visit. We had some exercise walking up the steps to the top of the hill (we avoided the lift, to see more scenery and to get some exercise).

At the top, the views are scenic. The temple inside the cave is unique and was worth seeing. We did not have any problem with any vendors as we avoided any eye contact with all of them and walked quickly pass them.

Visited February 2014

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“True sculptural talent”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

A visit to the shops and factories of Marble Mountain is well worthwhile. The talent of the stonemasons who create the various figures and structure is outstanding. Only a 15 minute drive south of Danang CBD. Still not quite sure how to get a 2 tonne marble ball back home!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Bruce M
Ormond Beach, Florida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Marble Mountain Scam”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I visited this area during my 5th trip to Vietnam and fell for a scam by Xuat Anh handicrafts and Phuoc Nhap handicrafts. The vendors will follow you about all week to sell you items they claim are marble. I bought from these vendors and was promised if I paid $100. dollars shipping they would arrive in Jacksonville Florida and I would need to pay any charges determined by the United States authorities. I travel a lot and didn't have a problem with paying charges determined by the US since that is a set and not arbitrary charge. We all pay duties. Instead, some guy on the West Coast requested that I give him several hundred dollars by wire which included a truck cleaning charge or I would not get my purchases. Needless to say I did not wire this unknown funds and never got my items. Don't buy from these people unless you can carry it with you. I had read a poor review about Marble Mountain vendors and bought anyway so its my fault, but don't fall for it.

Visited October 2013
10 Thank Colettetravel1
Mui Ne, Vietnam
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“fantastic”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Definitely worth a visit. The complex is fairly large with and blends into the mountain beautifully, you can easily spend 3 hours there. If you get tired of caves, there is a viewpoint on the very top of the mountain from which you can see most of Da Nang. Be prepared to witness hoards of noisy tourists though. Also there are sketchy ladies next to the entrance who want you to park your bike at their shops for free. They do it so they would pressure you into buying hugely overpriced stone carved souvenirs from them, and if you don't it can get ugly...

Visited March 2014
Canberra, Australia
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Blink and you'll miss ..even then totally underwhelming”
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

We expected mountains but they are more like short rock hills which you could drive by and not realise...the giveaway are all the large statue shops on the main rd. the lift to the pagoda is ugly and spoils the look of the pagoda in a landscape shot. Very hard sell by everyone and really nothing to write home about. I would not choose to stop again and spend any time there. I would not spend an hour there. Sorry totally underwhelmed by this site.

Visited March 2014