Moonlight Hotel Da Nang
US$115
  • Beachfront
US$826
US$787
All reviewswalkable distancewalk in showerbig crooms are spacioushan rivergymtaxis
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Room: Large, modern and comfortable. However we had an interconnecting door which meant we could hear everything from next door (disturbed sleep). The room was not clean (long black hair on the floor), we guess that our neighbours had been using the room as when we arrived the interconnecting door was not locked, (plus they tried to open it shortly after we arrived from the other side). The room was clean after the second day, when the cleaners came round. Aircon was very good.

Hotel: Hotel was easy to find and in a central location. The hotel is very geared towards the Chinese, who come on big coaches. Floor 17 is a café, which looked derelict but worth the trip up the lift for the view. Floor three was derelict with just a small shrine (it should have been a massage floor). Floor 4 is the VIP massage area…

Staff: English was not great but they tried and it was far better than my Vietnamese. However a smile translates into every language and we got few. We felt like we were not welcome.

Breakfast: Was geared towards Chinese food (Beef gruel), but we found enough to eat and the eggs were good.

Overall: We felt the hotel to be unwelcoming and the dirty room on the first day with disturbed sleep because of the interconnected room means I would not return.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with no interconnecting door.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MathTraveller42
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is perfect for a quick overnight near the airport, can't say I would want to stay much longer than that. The staff was nice enough and the room was fairly large with everything one could need (air conditioning, hot pot, tea, hair dryer, toothbrush etc). The space was clean, but not spotless, the shower may was a little disconcerting. I had a wonderful view of the city and dragon bridge from the 9th floor (room 902), but was also close to an emergency exit or some alarm that continually went off throughout the early morning hours. Not the most quiet place I've stayed. Overall an average experience.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This is a new hotel in Danang, located about 10 minutes walking distance from Han river, the rooms are comfortable and clean and reasonable sized, bathroom is fitted with walk in shower and bathtub, everything with the hotel is good except the breakfast which is pretty limited.
However, the front office staff is very helpful and tries very hard to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are not noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was a nice hotel for one night. It was a quick 5 minute taxi ride from the airport and a modern hotel.

Pros:
1. Nice comfortable rooms with a nice bed I slept well in.
2. Much nicer bathrooms and showers than expected.
3. If you wanted to walk to the river, it was about 5 minutes but it's a dark walk at night. I was on my own and felt safe, but something think consider depending on your comfort level. I think I may have preferred to stay closer to the river to get around the restaurants and bars easier on my own. This location was easy to walk to the few sights in town so easy to get around.
4. The breakfast staff was very helpful and accommodating to get us what we needed and there was a large variety of options. I found plenty of food up till the end of breakfast time so no need to come early as other reviews said
5. This would be a prefect hotel for a night before/after a flight.

Cons:
1. I really struggled to communicate in English and was surprised as many reviewers said this was a highlight. I found the reception girl at night spoke ok English and could help me. When I came back in the morning and tried to get help for a ride to Hoi An, the two reception people did not understand English and couldn't help. I had to leave the hotel and find a travel agency in town to figure out a plan. This was really disappointing as the same two people were at reception at 8am, 11am, and 3pm so all day, there wasn't a shift change of new people to help.

2. the wifi in my room didn't work unless I stood in the doorway. My room was XX08 which was at the end of the hallway. I really needed the night to do some work on my computer and without wifi, this was tough. So I had to go to the lobby or use time at breakfast where the wifi was strong. So this was a factor of my room - so if you need wifi - check if and ask for another room that is closer to the router.

3. I got in the elevator at 11am the light was broken. So I rode all the way to the top of the hotel in the pitch dark. This is not a good feeling. This was fixed later in the day, but not normal especially when the elevators open right in front of the reception desk.

4. Finally, the safe in my room was locked when I got there and it wasn't bolted down. I picked it up and could turn it upside down (as I was looking for a button to open it). To me, even if the front desk opened the safe, an unsecured safe that you can pick up and walk off with is not really a safe or secure. So why have one?

As said earlier, I would stay here again if I was flying in/out of Da Nang, but I would not stay more than one night. There would be better locations by the beach for an extended stay.

Room Tip: Get a room closer to the elevators if you want to use wifi
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed here just for one night. This hotel has new interior, spacious & clean rooms, great views of the river. Location is good with walkable distance to most of the places like Cham Musem, Cathedral and Han Market. The downside is that the breakfast is rather simple and the reception staff can’t speak much English for better communication. This hotel is still recommended for a short stay in Danang.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends