“super awesome!”

Funtastic Danang Hostel
Ranked #151 of 336 Speciality Lodging in Da Nang
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I loved this hostel so much! I arrived having made a massive mistake in my booking (my fault) and basically didn't have a bed. Luckily my friends let me share with them and the next morning I spoke with the owners who helped me out so much and made sure there were beds for me to sleep in! I win the record for the most difficult guest to deal with as I just went on to sleep in the wrong bed and stuff, but they were so friendly and funny and warm about everything. This is a really easy going, friendly place with such a personal feel to it and they really go out of their way to make sure you feel safe, happy and not alone! I would 100% recommend this hostel. Then hostel attracts such a god bunch of people and the common area is usually full of people mingling and relaxing! There is always something to do here and people to talk to! Breakfast is tasty with meat and veggie options! As for the bad reviews, I can say that I 100% have the complete opposite to say about all of it. I love this hostel, the people staying here and the people who run it! I will return one day! Big love!x

Room Tip: The dorms are great, the beds are really spacious. Mattresses are generally harder in Vietnam, so ju...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 May 2014

This is a fantasticHostel. Very clean with very nice rooms and bathrooms. The staff are very nice, extremely helpful for finding anything I needed locally and spoke English very well. They took care of pretty much everything I needed (anything from calling Taxis to laundry). They called me by my first name from the first moment I checked in to when I checked out.
Breakfast was local food served every day and was always nice and fresh.
The common room is my favourite part, which really feels like you're at home. Watched many movies in there, sometimes with the staff.
All round a great hostel to stay at.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This place was good for me, on the pricier side of things when it comes to hostels but it is very clean and has a great common room for relaxing, watching movies, meeting people, PS3, good guitar - everything you need really. The manager is always around and very helpful with directions advice etc. The people that wrote the "terrible reviews" here are a bunch of whiners and I'm ashamed that one of them is Australian. Toughen up you princesses its one of the cleanest hostels I've stayed in, go stay at the MGM grand in Vegas if its not good enough for ya. Peace travellers

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

If you travel to Da Nang on budget, Funtastic is a must-stay place.
This place is the best international hostel in Da Nang.
Very nice owners, super helpful staffs and perfectly clean rooms.
You can't ask for more with such price!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Myself and friend arrived to Funtastic Hostel after being up since 2am. We had booked into a dorm via Hostelworld as that was all that was left. So after having limited availability and reading the reviews on here I thought we were up for a treat....was I wrong. When we arrived I asked if there was any private rooms as we was absolutely exhausted. Thankfully there were. We was told our room wasn't going to be ready for another 2 hours which was fine as we hadn't pre booked the room and we wanted to get some food which we said to them. Then 15mins later a lad came to get us to show us to our room. Well the room was dirty, floors weren't clean, bins weren't changed, unsure if the bedding was clean...didn't smell of washing powder, the pillows were tiny, stains up the wall and there was a empty hand wash bottle in the bathroom. I complained to the lad on reception when we came down for dinner after a nap he didn't really know what to say. When we came back from dinner I think it was the manager that was waiting for us. I explained the situation again and he said he would have the room cleaned tomorrow (should they not be cleaned daily anyway?? Every other place we have stayed in has!). He then knocked on our door later and said he would refund us for half a night so $12. This is the most expensive place we have stayed in so far whilst travelling and has been the worst place! The breakfast was poor too, not hot drinks offered there was tea in the common room and mugs if you were lucky. No water on the table during breakfast and on our last day a lad pulled out a hair from his breakfast. Couldn't wait to leave!!

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank GemLW
Le H, Manager at Funtastic Danang Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2015

We are very sorry for your bad experience. We have since updated our service and fix all the errors in our system as indicated in our recent feedbacks. Thank you very much for your input

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

“Bed was extremely hard and uncomfortable. The bedding.was dirty. Room was not cleaned for whole time. Mould in the bedroom cupboard. The girl on reception was extremely unhelpful, she had no knowledge of the local area when we asked her questions and directions, she didn't have any basic English skills. The breakfast was disgusting and was street food. No hot drink tea/coffee was given as part of the breakfast. We was forced to eat out for breakfast which we didn't budget for. Nice decor and modern.. They have obviously spent a lot of money on that but the owners seem more interested in making the place look hip and trendy rather than focusing on the simple things like cleanliness, comfortable beds and a normal basic breakfast (such as toast and a hot drink) other than street food.

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank Dawnieb1982

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

One of the two best hostels I've been to in all of Vietnam! Very clean, modern facilities. Very helpful english speaking personel. Perfect as a base for visiting Hue and Hoi An(45min with a scooter, wich you can rent at the hostel). Check out the fire spitting bridge! Has it's own laundry service, very helpful wheb your on a longer trip!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends