“Very comfortable stay”

Ranked #132 of 255 Hotels in Da Nang
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Very comfortable stay”
Reviewed 3 February 2013

We spent 5 nights at this hotel. Location was good. Rooms were big and bright, and the beds were very comfortable. Buffet breakfast during our stay were good, wide variety of selection with good view of the city. The only downside was that inconsiderate guests would be smoking indoors. Staff were very friendly and helpful, overall they had good command of English.

The most memorable event happened during one of our meals at the hotel restaurant. Only I ordered as my 2 friends weren't feeling hungry. To our surprise, the waiter brought us a very big bowl of soup (without request or additional cost), just so that all 3 of us could share. That was very kind of him. He made us feel very at home too during our subsequent meals in the evenings.

Thank you. We really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Meng Yean C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Brussels
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I was working near the hotel and stayed there one month. The staff is gentle, the room is large and better to stay on the back side looks more quiet. The breakfast is very good, nice fresh fruits, all kind of Vietnamese tastes but also cheese and jam.
If you want to have a very quiet diner at the restaurant on the 11th floor is good but nobody around,,,
The location is good, not too far from the center and bus to go to Hoi An or the beach.

Room Tip: Back side rooms are more quiet
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Cameleon-P
Maidenhead
Reviewed 5 October 2011

last summer vacation, I and my girl friend came to vietnam. And we lived in Da Nang. Da nang is beautiful city. It have a nice beach.We stayed at this hotel. this is a first times, we were went to vietnam. So we were really love special foods in vietnam. The food in restaurant's hotel were very delicious and tasty. We can't forget it. Thanks so much hotel staff.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
New York
Reviewed 15 January 2010

I was looking forward to my stay @ Minh Toan hotel on the Da Nang part of our trip because other members of my family had stayed there in the past a few times and totally loved it. I myself stayed there with my family in Jan. 2007 and thought it was great. This time, I had my cousin called reserved rooms for myself and 2 other friends ahead of our arrival in Vietnam. She was quoted a price of around 550.000 dongs for a superior room. However, things started to go down hill the moment we arrived at Minh Toan's hotel. We were informed that because we were not Vietnamese nationals, we would have to pay a different price, basically about U.S $10 more than what my cousin was quoted. Of course I explained to them that my cousin called ahead and was quoted a different price but they did not change. I didn't know anyone in Da Nang, it was my first time there without family members so we had to stay there. The "superior" room we received was anything sort of superior quality. The beds, the bedsheets were exactly what I remembered 3 years ago, meaning they were started to show their age. The old TV had little reception and only few local channels (though my other friend's room TV had cable, I don't know why). And toilet inside the showering stall is quite interesting.. they really take "wash closet" literally. Buffet breakfast in the morning was stale even though we got there quite early (we did not go for the cooked-to-order eggs since we were not in the mood). We stayed there only one night and moved to Hoi An immediately. We are happy to say that we had a great time in Hoi An, so great that we changed our flight schedule, paid the penalty just to go back there again after our trip to Ha Noi.
If you are Minh Toan Hotel's management reading this, yes, please do explain to us why your hotel was the only one in all of the 5 or 6 hotels we stayed at during our 2 1/2 weeks trip in VN to charge us more because we were not Vietnamese nationals? In Nha Trang, we also told that we had to pay a higher price when quoted because it is 2010 and room rates had increased significantly. However, when we told the reception desk that we were quoted a rate of 450.000 dongs, they honored that quote. Please do explain why you charge foreigners a different price but please do not use the "miscommunication" excuse because I do speak fluent Vietnamese.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
6 Thank NLT75

Travellers are raving about these Da Nang hotels

Los Angeles
Reviewed 11 August 2007

My girlfriend and I were living in Da Nang City, Vietnam for the month of July working in an orphanage. The accommodations that were booked for us were horrible. We went on line to [--] and found the Minh Toan. The hotel was fantastic, air conditioned, modern amenities, included daily buffet breakfast, and the staff was fantastic. We were booked for 2 nights and stayed for 8 nights. Excellent excellent hotel, great stay, and very cheap, we paid $25 a night. Highly recommend

• Liked — Location was great, 10 minutes from Da Nang airport
  • Disliked — no pool
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank maxiecurlyq