“poor service”

Ranked #96 of 269 Hotels in Da Nang
Melbourne, Australia
“poor service”
Reviewed 16 June 2012

hotel is a solid 3 star only. despite what you may find quoted by the hotel.
Restaurant was always closed. maid service was appalling we had to ask for toilet roll at main desk as it was never replaced, and on check out they asked us to account for the whereabouts of the bath robes which the maid service had taken on the first night ad never returned, in the end i was forced to write a letter the head office in front of the hotel day manager stating we had not stolen them!

would never stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank affie85

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
San Diego, California
Reviewed 6 May 2012

This hotel is absolute great, the staff are friendly and helpful, it's right across the street to the boardwalk where you can walk for miles looking at the river and the neat statues. At night the bridge is lit up with the most wonderful colors, it's absolutely fascinating. You are within walking distance to the market, the museum and restaurants. We couldn't have been more pleased with this hotel and we travel extensively around the world. Thank you staff at the Green Plaza hotel for making our visit especially nice.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank E Dianne L
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We stayed here during the fireworks' festival and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The room and bathroom were beautiful, spacious, and immaculate. The breakfast was delicious. The area is nice with lots of restaurants, bars, and coffee shops a short walk away.
My friend left her bag in a taxi and the staff spent two hours helping us to track it down. I'm glad we stayed here because a lot of places would have just told us sorry and do nothing.
Thank you Green Plaza!!!!

• Stayed April 2012
Holywell, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We stayed at Green Plaza twice, in last year and earlier this year. Very nice and clean room, good view to the river. The staff were friendly. Will be back.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Sydney
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We stays at Green Plaza hotel in July 2011. The rooms were nice a big, excellent views of Da Nang and the Han River. Everyting was within walking distance and the staff were really friendly. One of the staff arranged a private tour of Da Nang to Hoi An, stopping off at may places along the way. definitely will go back when I am next in Da Nang.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the river to the east.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Luke_48
San Francisco
Reviewed 7 April 2012

This is ranked as a 4-star hotel but judging from my recent stay (March 2012), it should be downgraded to a 2.5-star rating. Pictures posted by the hotel (including the ones here) are deceiving and do not justify what I encountered on this trip.

To begin with, I made a booking online but when I arrived at the hotel with colleagues, I found out they were all given nicer rooms with much cheaper price. Front desk staff did not even bother to explain why. When I got to my room, I was more surprised about the condition - a somewhat run-down guest room with older furniture, dirty floor and torn wall paper (see pictures). The only thing that saved the grace is its bathroom, which is nice and clear compared to the room itself. Other than that, I simply couldn't comprehend why I was paying 20-25% more than my colleagues but receiving significantly less. Breakfast is included but the selection was mediocre. I also noticed the entire hotel was very empty and felt like nobody else was staying here except our group. Could this be the reason why the service is non-exisitent?

This is my 2nd stay at the hotel. I chose this property based on the great experience previously (I was put in a much nicer room) and hotel's great location. Sadly to say, I was quite disappointed this time and have concluded that Green Plaza is no longer the choice for future visit due to lack of consistency in quality service.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floor seem to be nicer but it will be up to the mercy of front desk staff for ro...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank SanFranExplorer

Travellers are raving about these Da Nang hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We arrived for checkin at the hotel on my 39th birthday. Unbeknownst to me, my husband had called ahead and arranged for our room to be decorated with flowers on the bed and in the bathroom sink, with a cake. The staff upon checking in were very friendly and accommodating. The room itself was very nice. We had 2 single beds pushed together as a king. The biggest complaint we had was the shower stall leaked water due to poor sealant. We had to call several times to get it fixed. The morning breakfast buffet was very good with a variety of different cuisines for international travelers. The daily noodle option was delicious. Again, this was a good place to stay, certainly not 4 or 5 star rating.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family