Anantara Mui Ne Resort
Cham Villas(Phan Thiet)
US$154
Mia Resort Mui Ne(Phan Thiet)
US$121
US$69
US$53
US$60
US$57
Bamboo Village Beach Resort & Spa(Phan Thiet)
US$107
US$91
Priceline
US$68
US$67
US$64
1,127 results
All reviewspool villathung restaurantmui neswim up barmain restaurantneck massagemain poolturn down servicefive star hotelhuge balconythe general managergreat pool areadeluxe roomkite surfingamazing hotelbeach restaurantspa treatments
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We are staying at the whilst I write thus. The hotel is of a good standard and at the higher end if what we've seen in Vietnam. The resort outside if the hotel has little to offer but what it lacks for in culture or attractions it makes up for in sunshine and great seafood. The hotel has friendly staff and in particular a new manageress who us very proactive and ensures she meets all the guest to ensure everything is in order.

Stayed: April 2014
Boyd B, General Manager at Anantara Mui Ne Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear merlin03,
Thank you for your wonderful review and spending your holiday with us in Vietnam. Also thank you for your comments on Juliane, our Operations Manager and glad that she was there for you and all our guests. I hope that we can welcome you back here again in the future.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We stayed for 5 nights as a couple at the end of March. We booked a pool villa and we were given a two bedroom one. The pool villas here are very reasonably priced. The second bedroom is upstairs with a separate entrance. This was great as it seemed to have a large pool and the garden was a decent size. Not good for a family with young children.

My initial impression was that it was showing a bit of 'wear and tear' as the pink pool towels and outside cushions need to be updated but I quickly relaxed and was really comfortable there and we enjoyed our stay. It is not completely private as there are holes in the hedge but ours was on the side of the resort and really peaceful.

I thought the bed was way too hard but enjoyed the room configuration and outside shower. It was a bit dark and needed more storage but they were minor issues.

Breakfast was good although I thought the bacon tasted odd and I usually love bacon. Really enjoyed the Vietnamese soups. Good selection of local fruits and coffee. The beach was really nice to walk along in the morning. We had perfect weather and I have read comments about the wind but only found it to be really windy our first night.

There is a kids pool for families. Used the gym and that was fine although a bit hot. Spa treatment was lovely and the lady even braided my hair at the end which was new for me. I had a massage, facial and scrub in a package. I just didn't enjoy the smell of the scrub (some kind of pink fruit) but that could be personal preference. Room service was good and they were extremely efficient. Turn down with sweets before bed was a nice touch, along with changing fruit and a folk story everyday.

There are two happy hours at the main pool but we only went once as we were enjoyed our own pool and space.

Sandals at Mia resort has a chef from Melbourne, is reasonably priced and delicious. We went more than once!

The train from Saigon was just under 4 hours and definitely my recommendation. We organized the hotel car back to the airport and that was honestly one of the scariest rides of my life and I've been in a taxi in Athens where the driver hit a child ( the child was OK) and been in cars in other parts of Asia. We were constantly tailgating at speed and overtaking facing oncoming traffic. I was just so glad we were on a child free holiday and the kids weren't with us. The driver had very poor English and we were so happy to arrive at the airport in one piece! I think he was just used to driving like that. Trip to airport in the car was 5 1\2 hours but they probably would work out the same with needing to get to the train station and then the airport. I had read about trips taking up to 7 hours but maybe those drivers valued their lives more!

Overall, the staff were very helpful and friendly in all areas of the resort. I won't say we'll be back as we normally stay at different places but I enjoyed Anantara and would happily stay in one of their affiliate hotels. We did enjoy Mui Ne and Saigon but they really need a campaign to reduce rubbish in Vietnam.

Room Tip: The garden pool villa was lovely to relax in and was reasonably priced.
1  Thank kathhr

Dear kathhr,
Thank you for your detailed review and staying with us on your trip to Mui Me. I am glad that you enjoyed your pool villa and appreciate your comments on the villa as well as the rest of the resort so that we can make some adjustments to the service and condition. I hope that we can welcome you back again in the future or to another Anantara Resort as we have many great resorts in exotic destinations.
Warm regards, Boyd Barker, General Manager, Anantara Mui Ne Resort and Spa

Reviewed 31 March 2014

If this hotel was ranked by the efforts of its staff it would most certainly be number one!
From the Operations Manager, Juliane, whose high profile was very much appreciated and her listening essential, to Bong and all the other boys round the pool, always there to get the sunbeds ready, to everyone at the bar (especially Hauong), the restaurants the garden staff you were all amazing. Your smiles and helpfullness were very much appreciated keep up the good work.
Our room was superb, maid servce excellent too.
The choice for breakfasts was unlimited (well done Mr Crabbe and staff)
I have seen comments about the food being expensive but the up side is its quality, presentation and excellent service!
WE WOULD CERTAINLY GO BACK AND DEFINATELY RECOMMEND A VISIT

Room Tip: We were upgraded so ours was perfect facing the lagoon and ocean.

Dear Lynniemar2014,
Thank you for staying with us and really appreciate the fantastic review. I have shared your comments to our team, especially the ones that you pointed out in your review. I hope that we can welcome you back again on your next holiday to Vietnam.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Have spent 12 days here as part of our trip - overall a really nice hotel - here's what we liked
- great pool area but you need to get there around 8am to reserve a sunbed
- very good choice for breakfast for a beach resort -especially the fresh fruit and egg station
- big rooms and a huge bathroom
- nice pool bar and happy hours twice per day!
- some really excellent service (especially phuong)
- right on the huge beach

Here's what we would like to see improved
The standard rooms are really noisy as they back directly onto the main road
The beach restaurant has an amazing setting but needs a new menu
Bring mosquito spray - lots of them around the pool area
As non smokers we felt that smoking shouldn't be allowed on the deck around the pool
The beach could do with cleaning - whilst we were there we saw a dead rat and dead dog on the beach!

Overall enjoyed or stay - try sandals restaurant at the Mia hotel about a 10 minute walk - fab food atmosphere and service

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank davidleeNewcastle

Dear davidleeNewcastle,
Thank you for your detailed review. I really appreciate you choosing us for your extended holiday in Vietnam. As for the improvement areas that you highlighted, thank you for sharing these. Several of these we have started on. I hope that we can welcome you back again on your next beach holiday to Vietnam.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We chose Mui Ne as we were looking for a cost effective beach break after touring in Cambodia allied to the fact that we fell in love with Vietnam on a previous holiday.

The Anantara is a beautiful resort, quite compact in terms of size but beautifully maintained and certainly has relaxed, peaceful feel to it which is ideal to unwind.

We stayed in a garden pool villa which was excellent and incredible value for money. I really enjoyed the outdoor shower and bath area and one evening during turn down service the staff prepared a bath for us with which was full of coloured rose petals.

The pool garden area was secluded enough to feel private and was full of lovely plants and trees. The pool temperature was ideal for cooling off from the very hot sun. We made use of our outdoor Sala each evening with some pre dinner drinks and each evening during the turndown service the staff would bring us some combination of treats to eat.

The breakfast service was of a high quality with a huge variety on offer, the setting looking down towards the sea helped to enhance the breakfast experience.

Our routine was to spend the morning on the beach (the wind did pick up on the beach in the afternoon), then go for a dip in the main pool before heading back to the pool at our villa. On each occasion there were always spare beds available and staff on hand to help.

The staff were obviously well trained and very polite and friendly, everyone from the garden team to the management always greeted you with a warm smile and hello.

Mui ne itself is a little on the odd side. It had a 1970s vibe and I had flashbacks of holidays as a child with my parents. That said it was very laid back with many restaurants along the 'strip' and we didn't have a bad meal throughout. The prices for meals and drinks are very cheap and it's easy to eat three courses with drinks for around £10 in the Vietnamese restaurants. Two restaurants worthy of note are 'Breeze' which is a little off the beaten track (take the side track opposite the Swiss Village ) and Sandals (inside the Mia resort). Both offered something beyond the norm and had very pleasant settings. The beach is soft sand and on the whole very clean. The sun rises at 6 am and it's worth getting down to the beach to watch, it really is beautiful. I have read in some reviews that Mui Ne doesn't represent the 'real Vietnam' but for me it's the people who make it 'real' and the Vietnamese once again did not disappoint throughout the entirety of the stay.

We arranged transport to/from HCMC airport. This was more expensive than that offered elsewhere on the web, but it was 100% reliable. It is quite a treck to the airport, but the five hours didn't feel too arduous.

The only question I would raise is the cost of eating in the hotel. I'm sure the food is of a high quality but the prices appear to be totally disproportionate to all of the other restaurants we visited. Subsequently we only had one meal (lunch) in the hotel .

Overall a great stay and excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Pool villa was excellent
1  Thank Ian B
Boyd B, General Manager at Anantara Mui Ne Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Shodex, Thank you for the fantastic review and I am glad that you had a wonderful stay with us. Really appreciate the comments on our well trained team. They are our biggest asset. I have shared these comments with them. I hope that we can welcome you back again in the future to our little paradise in Mui Ne.