See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Our first impression of Hai Au Mui Ne beach Resort & Spa was very positive. We had a big, clean room with a balcony. The air conditioning was silent and worked very welI. I believe this part of the hotel (grey building with garden view) was built only recently. The bathroom was somehow a disappointment: A small shower curtain and no silicon finishing around the bathtub so the water could just flow under the bathtub when you were taking a shower. The shower head was way too low and not adjustable. Even my girlfriend, who is about 1m75 could not stand up fully in the shower. Also, the Wi-Fi reception was not good in our room.
We are not the most demanding guests, so we could live with that. Unfortunately there were some other serious downsides.
The beach area was reasonably clean, but where the hotel's property ended there were piles of trash. When you look out of the restaurant's windows, you see the beach and when you look left there's garbage everywhere.
The hotel also has a small "zoo", in which two crocodiles are held in questionable conditions.
This hotel has a lot of Vietnamese (or Chinese?) guests. We were there during a weekend and there were busloads of Asian tourists. That's not a problem of course, but these people have the habit of wearing their daytime clothes in the swimming pool. Although this is against the pool regulations, none of the staff intervened. At one point on of the other guests was standing in the pool and repeatedly spitting his phlegm (snot) directly into the swimming pool. At this point we immediately wanted to leave the hotel. I have to say, the supervisor was flexible and didn't make any problems about us checking out early.
To summarize: it's a decent hotel, but really not up to Western standards.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2017

Nice pool and pleasant surroundings, but over priced for the very poor beach.

General cleaning is well below what is required, breakfast is terrible, the beach is about 3 meters wide and next to a public area which is never cleaned of litter. I would not recommend swimming in the sea at this point.
Staff are friendly though.
In this area much much better hotels available at better price.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 December 2016

I have spend a night in this hotel. The main reason for my visit to Mui Ne was to go to Sand Dunes, but as i am pationate wind surfer, have decided to take a beach hotel. Anyway, this hotel is not mine...Resort is not to big, it is quiet, has nice pool and friendly pool service. Room was huge and very clean and comfortable, even I didn't spend a lot of time there. The bathroom was also very big (almost too big) and very clean. As I left for a sand dunes at 4:30 , i have gotten from the hotel breakfast to take away...well, the same stuff worldwide.
The beach is simply to small for a place that is supposed to be beach hotel....
Location is...well, it is beach resort. Few Restaurants and market around and nothing else. For everything else need a bus or taxi , whic actualy not the problem is.
I have booked this hotel on booking.com (payment in hotel upon arrival) ... a while later I found better offer for this hotel on hotels.com , so I cancelled at booking.com and booked on hotels.com (immidiate payment, my credit card was charged immidiately)...arriving to the hotel, it happen that they haven't received neither the cancellation from booking.com nor new booking from hotels.com (what coincidence:):):).....and for me this ist too much coincidences...anyway, they have checked like about 30 seconds....and the answer was...no, we have only the first booking , you have to pay now....no discussion. Actually not even tried to check.
And not even tried to be friendly in all this. I am not big fan of this hotel and its staff. So, I definitely cannot recommend it .

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

This hotel is located close to Muine, just a few bus stops from the central market.One of the popular sightseeings - Fairy Creek- is located very close too. No need to take a tour, you can reach it easy on foot for 10 min.But the main advantage of the hotel is Windsurfing camp on its territory with the vast range of equipment for different sorys of marine leisures.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2016

We stayed in Hai Au Mui Ne Hotel in january 2016.I have to say that the territory of the hotel is like a little paradise..trees,flowers,trees again flowers and trees..that was amazing,your eyes are resting with a hundered different kind of colours of the flowers and trees..The facilities of the hotel is good enough for a 3 stars hotel,breakfast was rich enough also...Clean and nice hotel...There are 3-4 kind of different room and bungalow types which you can choose one of them according to your budget situation.Very well protected area by their security staff.Beach is great,daily cleaned by the staff,sunbeds are right at the edge of the ocean,you can use hotel beach towels which are given near by the pool in return signature.Pool is big varying in depth from 40 to 180 cm.,everytime clean..
Mui Ne is a fisherman's town that located along left and right side of a 12 kms long street.Along the street,there are a lots of restaurants,cafes,night clubs and the shops.You can hire a scooter for 5 dollars a day and ride where you want to,but you will be shocked of the riders who drive without rules))

Room Tip: Bungalows near the beach numbers between 601 and 605
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple