“Huge luxury resort”

Sea Links Beach Hotel
Ranked #36 of 128 Hotels in Phan Thiet
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed three nights and enjoyed ourselves very much. If you like to spend some time to relax in a luxury resort this is a nice place.

Positive:
- huge swimming pools
- great staff although they speak little english
- spacious rooms with good bathroom and balkony
- great breakfast buffet

Negative:
- at check out they try to have you pay extra for small issues, like on our case a room key.
- the fish smell because of the local industry
- the resort is very remote so for everything you need a taxi.

Stayed: August 2014
GM_Sea_Links, General Manager at Sea Links Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Niek_d_j,

We’re so glad to know that you had a good time with us and it sounds great to get a recommendation Sea Links Beach Hotel as one of good places to enjoy.

Every your sharing opinion is very important to us and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind remarks. We look forward to serving you more efficiently in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Sea Links Beach Resort last Spring Breaks. I must say that it was one of the most beautiful hotel in Viet Nam. The room was beautiful, the buffet was wonderful and plentiful. The golf course was perfect, not too easy, not too challenging.
Its a bigger hotel, therefore the service was great but not personal in comparison to the Vinh Hung Riverside Resort, for example. If you are a golfer, this would be a perfect, "Five Star Hotel" to stay in Phan Thiet.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 16 April 2014

There were 13 of us who stayed at Sea Links for a week, 4 adults and 9 kids. The biggest PRO is that the swimming pool is EPIC! Years from now, the pool is what our kids will remembers about Mui Ne. The biggest CON is that you are really isolated at Sea Links and therefore don't experience any of the Vietnamese culture. It is a large resort community and it is hard to get out and into downtown Mui Ne. We ended up renting two scooters so a few of us could run errands. There are also not any very good food options at the resort so we ended up cooking random stuff in our villa. Overall, I would recommend trying to find a different place that is better for appreciating and experiencing what Vietnam has to offer.

Room Tip: If you rent a villa, make sure it is near the pool. There are hundreds of vacant villas and you can...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here. We stayed for 3 nights and wished for a couple more nights.
The staff are very helpfull, when relaxing by the side of their 3 swimming pools they where at our beck and call.
The beach is just a short buggy ride which the hotel have ready for you whenever you wish to go up until 6pm.
The breakfast is great, so much to choose from bacon, egg, steak, spare ribs, noodles, soup you name it. There is also a chef available to cook your eggs however you wish. The omlettes are great..
The only small problem we had was the lighting, the lights by the bathroom and entrance to your room are on a sensor so whenever you walk in that area they come on and there is no way to turn them off. You have to wait for 30 minutes when they switch off automatically, this can be a real problem when you visit the loo in the middle of the night and have lights on for 30 minutes.
But overall a lovely hotel that i will definately be going back to

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2014

As the title of this review implies, I had quite mixed feelings about this hotel.
So many things about my stay were so good, but a few key issues ruined a lot for me.

We (a couple with boy aged 1½) had booked a “Superior Double Room with Sea View” which fully lived up to the expectations. Before our arrival, the hotel had set up the requested baby cot in the room.
The general room quality, facilities and cleanliness were excellent, so I will not expand on this in the review.
The balcony was very spacious, clean and the view definitely did not disappoint (see photo). Additionally, the balcony was enclosed by thick glass walls which were nice and high, with no openings or anything our boy could climb onto, which was reassuring for us as parents.
One minor issue with the room, was the light automation. The lights in the hallway and bathroom switched on/off by sensors, meaning every time when in the room, you’d walk by the hallway, the light would switch on. There was no option to disable this, but like I said, very minor issue.

The breakfast buffet was plentiful and I would to dare say that there is something for everyone’s taste.
The staff and manager were extremely polite and understanding towards the fact that we were traveling with an energetic one-and-a-half-year old. I apologize for all the cups and plates he broke during our stay! :)

The pools and pool areas were spacious, clean and well-maintained. I was admittedly a bit puzzled by the fact that there was no heated pool/heated infant-pool, as the pools were quite chilly. This despite the fact, that the day temperature was around 30 degrees Celsius.
The hotel offers a very frequent cart service between the resort and the beach.

Ok, so now for the less good things during our stay.

At times it felt like the hotel prioritized its arrangements (weddings, conferences, etc.) more than the actual resident guests of the hotel.
I had personally been looking forward to enjoying the warm nights on the balcony, looking out at the ocean, in peace and quiet. Away from the hustle and bustle of my everyday life.
But around 5 out of the 12 nights we stayed, this was absolutely impossible due to extremely loud techno music from the balcony and dining area, two floors above us. And I do mean extremely loud. And I do mean techno music. Whatever arrangements the hotel hosted often took place on the rooftop balcony with very, very loud music, karaoke and people speaking on microphones. This meant that the noise from these arrangements bothered EVERY single guest that contemplated enjoying the balcony in the evening/night hours.
Not exactly a relaxing way to spend the evenings, as I had hoped for, after flying halfway across the planet.
And no, I’m not being delicate – the noise level was astounding.
This issue alone keeps me from giving the hotel a 4 or 5 star rating, which I otherwise would have.

Another annoyance that I would like to address, is the recurring issue we had when ordering bottled water.
The hotel sells both La Vie and Evian water, which cost $2-3 USD for 750 ml or $7 respectively
In my opinion, all bottled water is equally good and tasty, so as a principle, I refuse to pay for the brand name when the price difference is that steep. So I would always order La Vie water from the menu.
I’m not sure whether it’s because the staff is commissioned, but most of the time when ordering water, they would claim to be out of La Vie water, and instead wanted to sell me the far more expensive Evian.
Once I could even see an unopened crate of La Vie water on the floor behind the counter, and they still denied having any until I pointed out that there was a box right there behind them(!)
Bickering with the otherwise very kind and friendly staff over brand of water was an unnecessary irritation, which I hope the management will stop immediately.

All in all, I did enjoy my stay, but I was very disappointed in the fact that the hotel does not quite prioritize (enough) the fact that guests who have travelled halfway across the globe to relax, do not appreciate the constant arrangements and extremely loud techno music, karaoke, etc.

Other reviews of this hotel mention lacking water pressure in the rooms and luke warm coffee and faux eggs at the breakfast buffet. I did NOT experience any of this during my stay - as the water pressure was probably the highest I’ve experienced(!) and the coffee was hot, and eggs all natural.

I do want mention again, that everyone in the hotel staff made us feel welcome and did (almost) everything right. Thank you!

This hotel undoubtedly has potential to be even better, but needs to address the mentioned issues first.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank justhanni
GM_Sea_Links, General Manager at Sea Links Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Justhanni,

Many thanks for sharing your experience. In fact, we’re really happy in knowing that you were satisfied with our room design, food and pool… These responses will help to shape the future of our service and our overall way of doing business.

Regarding to some issues bothering your family’s vacation, please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconvenience they caused to you. We have every desire to address your needs and provide the best solution available to prevent these matters from occurring again in the future. We highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with us and hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future

Sea Links City

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Nice hotel with perfect service and nice staff. Breakfast was phantastic. Huge apartments. The only problem is that this hotel is huge -it is rather a small city than just a hotel. Breakfast is served in the main building which is about 1 km from our building so we needed a car to go there. A lot of Russians.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank LeszekPoland
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I`ve stayed at Sea Links 3 times and each stay has been fantastic!
The hotel is huge and its facilities has nothing to be complained about. I always stay at the superior room poolside and the rooms are both spacious, clean and has a nice decor.
Breakfast is always the highlight of each day. The pool area is really big and you dont have to be 1 meter from a stranger. Most staff are attentive but som need to be better at "to know what the guest needs" .
The only thing i would say needs improvement is staff to practice more english.
I really would recomend this hotel for any traveller :-)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank AnnaAnna81
GM_Sea_Links, General Manager at Sea Links Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear AnnaAnna81,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Sea Links Beach Resort & Golf. We appreciate the unique opportunity to see our selves through the eyes of our customers and are eager to gather ideas on what we can do better. We expect to hear from all of our customers and care review everyone’s feedback

Once again, we appreciate your time and effort in providing feedback to us

Sea Links City