“Appetizer is a difficult word”
Review of Snow Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

Snow Restaurant and Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately we made the choice of eating here this evening the 9th of march 2014. The restaurant seemed to be very stylish and also the menu card looked very promosing. The restaurant was full of Russians but it was a quiet athmospere so we decided to eat here. We ordered deep fried springrolls with shrimp as an appetizer and also we ordered our main courses because we thought the waitress should understand what we say. The waitress (a Western woman) spoke very good english, but for sure we emphasized that the spring rolls were meant as an appetizer and then she smiled and said something like ofcourse as an appetizer. After some time waiting we got our spring rolls, but also I got my main course, duck with passion fruit sauce. That was not we meant. We asked another waitress because we didn't see the Western woman anymore, she didn't understand what we said but finally she took my duck back to some corner behind the doors. The spring rolls were okay but half of the parts were burned.... After we finished the spring rolls, the plate was token and immediately my boyfriend got his main course dish. I thought that after short time I would also be served my main course but nothing happened. 3 Girls were standing and do nothing although they must have seen that my boyfriend was eating already and that the table in front of me was empty. When my boyfriend ate almost half of his main course I asked a waitress where my main course was. She asked what did you order so I said a little bit irritated I ordered duck with passion fruit sauce and then she remembered that was the plate standing in the corner so she went to 'the kitchen' to get it. And what I feared came true because they had just put it aside so by the time I ate a piece the duck was icecold.... So again I asked the waitress and she took my plate. By that time my boyfriend finished his meal, and when I got my plate back with this time warm duck, I also had to eat alone. The food although tasted well. But we feel very sorry that no one said sorry for the misunderstandings. Also the Western woman we ordered with we didn't see anymore. If this was a cheap restaurant we shouldn't bother but for all this we paid over 25 dollars.... I hate to write reviews like this because I just started to use Trip Advisor and hate to complain for little mistakes but if you don't apologise for anything you make me to......

Reviewed 1 May 2013

We visited Snow at the dinner time. When we entered restaurant, first thing that we found is dancing couples and cover songs singer.
From the first look we get it right: typical sushi-place in Moscow near railway station. I ordered Pho Bo and Dim Sums, my girlfriend had salmon carpaccio and tuna salad.
- Pho Bo was very basic. In our hotel at the breakfast it's much better and for free. It is quite expensive and really small.
- Dim Sums with chicken was ok
- Salmon carpaccio was too sweet and not really tasty
- Tuna salad was overloaded with marinated olives. Tuna flavour was hidden behind bad dressing and olives.
We tried to find any white wine to drink with fish dishes, but selection was strict to three options. My beer was near warm temperature.
Overall: loud and expensive place.

1  Thank bobbatron
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Me and my wife just had a great evening in Snow.
I longed for tuna sushi, but they were a little pricy. I went for the tuna sashimi instead, and shared some rice. It was very good and reasonably priced.
The best part though were the atmosphere, smiling personel, awesome live music the whole time and really supurb cocktails.
It caters mostly to Russians, but we will definitely be back as well.

2  Thank Enno P
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Stylish place, but a little quiet for a Saturday night. We were served warm beers which we found a little strange for a place called Snow, but then, when the grey and suspiciously smelly tuna sashimi was presented, we ran a mile! I would not eat anything from a kitchen that sends out that that kind of fish.

1  Thank Dominique876
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We were longing for some sushi, so in Mui Ne we ended up at Snow. The place looks nice, but the sushi was not as great as we hoped. Especially the one with tuna chips was not one of our favourites. So if you need sushi you can go. Just would not advise you to have high expectations.

2  Thank ivarvd