“Great hotel”

Thao Ha Muine Hotel
Ranked #56 of 122 Phan Thiet B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed here for the duration of our stay in mui ne . This is a really nice hotel, friendly and helpful reception staff and clean and comfortable rooms. Didn't really check out prices of other hotels in the area so can't comment on the price but we felt it was value for money, they had a good choice for breakfast, great location but we choose not to use the pool as it didn't look too clean and not very many sun beds available but they wasn't used very often so didn't seem to be a problem. This in our opinion is a good hotel and we enjoyed our stay

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sara_j776

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Clean bed, clean room, great for one night stay. The shampoo bottles in my room were not refilled from the previous person. It was cheap and the location was ok. The breakfast was sitting outside so I headed down the road to a cafe. I'm not a buffet guy Enough said...

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Shanghainezer
Reviewed 15 April 2013

The room was clean and spacious, we had a little balcony and the view was really nice. Breakfast was basic. The staff were very helpful helping to sort out a problem with our bus. The pool however was a little disappointing as it was small and dirty.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Johann H
Reviewed 1 March 2013

A small hotel situated across the road from the sea. Breakfast is good but not various. The hotel hasn't its own beach, but you can use the Coconut beach across the road. Near situated kite\surf station, cofee house, shops and minimarkets. All general entertainments are very close - tennis court, mini golf, spa, night bars, boke, etc... Receptionists speak a little English

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 January 2013

This is a fine place to stay. It's good place for those not wanting to spend for a resort but want a bit more than a backpacker guesthouse.
We stayed 2 nights in December over the Christmas holidays. The room was clean, tv didn't have good reception but it's not like we were using it much. The shower and washroom were very nice. Price includes an ok breakfast.
It's not on the beach but includes a small swimming pool. You can walk to the beach by going through some of the resorts or restaurants on the other side of the street.
The service at the front desk is fine but not extraordinary. The girls there work hard, have a bit of trouble with English but will try to accommodate you.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Matthew T
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Took the 5/6h sleeper bus from Saigon and chose to land at this hotel which is located in the central part of the beach, next to Sankara and Mr Lee's kiting schools, away from the more mainly russian areas further west and the parts where there is no beach further east.

Good location but on the road side, very small pool, which is noisy due to the road. Stayed on the 5th floor room with sea view. Definitely overpriced as for about half of what I paid you can find sea front rooms of same quality.

Worth booking for one night- but then I suggest to walk around and find something else, which even close to New Year's in high season was easily available.

Room Tip: very few rooms have a real view, except for 2 on the 5th floor with sea view balconies. There is a t...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Booked garden view room on high floor for our honeymoon trip- Got view of a dirt wall on the 1st floor!!! They do not have beach access or a private strip of beach. Only 1 member of staff speaks English. Swimming pool dirty, lounge chairs covered in mould.
Room was infested with mosquito's, we were eaten alive & killed over 30 in a few hours. They were coming up the drains. Had to sleep under our own mosquito net. Spiders, ants & a small lizard too. The room smelt like sewage & other guest complained of the same smell.
Shower leaked & flooded entire bathroom. Gaps of 1-2inches under the doors, had to stuff with towels. Wifi signal rubbish.
Paid upfront for 3nights but 2 hours after arriving we told them about the problems & said we would only stay 1 night & wanted a refund for the other 2 nights. They replied "no!". It took 5 hours to speak to someone in English, then we were told a manager in Germany needed to be called & this would be done in the morning. We informed him that it would then be the middle of the night in Germany! We were up until 2am trying to get a resolution & spraying our room. We were eventually told we could speak to another Manager at 9.30am. In the morning we were woken up by housekeeping banging on our door at 8.40am until I got up to open it. The staff at the desk just laughed at us when we asked for the manager. I went to have breakfast while my husband stayed at reception waiting to speak to someone as had been arranged the night before. I was followed by a security man who stood beside me as I ate trying to intimidate me. I eventually asked "can I help you?" and he replied aggressively "NO PICTURES" and pointed at my camera. He repeated this 4 times pointing at my face. I got up & took my breakfast into the reception & he followed. We sat in reception for 3 hours, the staff shouted at us in Vietnamese & English and threatened to call the police. For what we asked? We just wanted to leave & not have to pay for the nights we would not be staying. The English speaking man implied he would tell them we had broken something. 8-10 members of staff stood around for the entire time, alternating between screaming at us and giggling at us. Other guests got involved, telling the hotel they should just let us leave and be happy we were willing to pay for the 1 night we had stayed. The Manager was there all along but we didnt find out until she retreated into a room beside reception & told her staff to tell us under no circumstances would we get any money back. When I went to knock on the door to speak to her, a security guard grabbed me by the arm & pulled me away.
In the end, we stayed the 1 night & paid for 2nights. It was the worst hotel experience I have ever had, and I have travelled around the world. The commotion & upset they caused for us and other guests who kept coming over to ask me what was going on, was so unnecessary. All for the sake of being stubborn and unjustly keeping our $70. I hope they learn a lesson from my review. Long term/ future business & good customer service is far more important than a quick buck. Oh, and they knew this was our honeymoon, which made it all worse!

Room Tip: Stay in another hotel!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple