The Cliff Resort & Residences
Cham Villas(Phan Thiet)
US$154
US$185
US$168
Mia Resort Mui Ne(Phan Thiet)
US$121
US$69
US$53
US$60
US$57
Bamboo Village Beach Resort & Spa(Phan Thiet)
US$107
US$91
Priceline
US$68
US$67
US$64
All reviewsvista restaurantspa buffetmui nesea viewgames roomprivate beachtable tennispool barview roomjet skifront officenice beachbig swimming poolstayed nightsspecial thanksrooms are niceseafood
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Was staying 4 nights, added an extra night, it was so good. Stayed in the Terra suite with Sea view. Arrived late after a 4.5 hour drive and was greeted with cocktails, whilst they checked us in. Suite was very spacious, clean and modern. No complaints. We had a very roomy terrace overlooking the ocean, complete with outdoor spa and lounge area, very private. Swimming pool was beautiful with delightful bar, there was also a smaller more private pool. We tried the spa treatments and massage, very clean and private. This resort even has a mini cinema, plus gym and games room. A beautiful private beach used by guests only. I particulary enjoyed the jetski they had for hire, in fact I used it for 3 days. Breakfast was best taken early before the rush, try to get a seat near the balcony for breath taking views of the ocean. We only stayed for dinner one night and meals were a bit small, but they did serve late. Saturday nights have a good seafood barbecue around the pool with candelight. We found the staff to be very friendly. Slight problem with the draught beer, it didn't work and the cocktails seemed to take a long time to prepare but were very good when they eventually turned up. Grounds were amazing and maintenance was excellent. Will definately go back, many happy memories.

Room Tip: Terra with sea view, upper level for better view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
The_Cliff_Mgmt, Guest Relations Manager at The Cliff Resort & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you so much for your incredible review, Fredbloggs2014.

I will surely pass along your positive comments to all our dedicated team members.

We are so happy to see that our high standards are appreciated and acknowledged.

We are equally pleased that you enjoyed your time at The Cliff Resort & Residences as
our staff is delighted to bring its best to satisfy your needs, offer a good service and the
attention you deserve.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed for 11 nights with my family. The resort is very nice, relatively new, close to the beach and in good condition. We stayed in one of the apartments with nice ocean view, outside jacuzi and sun beds. Swimming pool area is good and the pool really big, so you can enjoy swimming even when there are many guests. Staff friendly.
However the beach is full of waste that comes in during the night - even the water is full of waste, and that really takes a big piece of the experience. Eventhough hotel cleans as much as they can, waste is every where - even when you dive along the warf. Swimming together with empty potato chip bags and bottles is not what I imagined traveling for 24 hours.
Going to the near city to eat you have to prepare your self for russian dominans - its everywhere and many of the locals do not speak english, but russian, all signs in russian.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Morten E,

Thank you for sharing your good experience with us and others.

Your business and feedback are appreciated. We are so happy you enjoyed your time atThe Cliff Resort & Residences.

When the wind turns, unfortunately the seashore can be polluted for a short time, but be ensure this is not typical. Our sea is usually warm and beautiful!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I really admire people who have made the Cliff. It was built and managed in a way that made my experience at the beach so complete and whole from the time I stepped into the Azul room to the time I enjoyed lying on the bench at the beach leisurely. The Azul garden view surpassed my expectation with its ocean inspired theme (well since it was like the lowest graded room so I thought it would be ok but actually you still could see the beach if you book rooms on second floor). I felt so fresh and peaceful with the decor. The bed was so comfortable. The only problem was the aircon. It doesn't get the temp we wanted at first but just automatically cooled down (we wanted 25 but room tem was 29 so it kept at 29 for a while then came down to 27 or so). But it was ok. No complaint.

The pool was the thing I thought the Cliff was all about since people love their mini pool bar so much. Turned out the pool was just one thing that made the Cliff so awesome. I loved the Vista restaurant. The view was so magnificent in the morning. Blue sky, breeze and great breakfast are right there, complimenting you. I wish I could stay there to read books forever. Very picturesque. I haven't tried lunch/dinner there so had no idea about it. Anyways they have live music on Sat night that we didn't know about. I wish we were informed so we could enjoy a little longer. It was full moon day so that made the night so smooth.

The way down from the pool to the beach was well-designed as well with lots of greens and flowers and palm trees. I thought that was a beautiful village I was staying in. I didn't really have a feeling that I am staying at a resort where places are more scattered and separated. The ambiance there made me feel really close.

I took many great shots of the beach there. It was so clean and not crowded. Drinks are available anytime. Towels too.

I have stayed at other resorts in Phan Thiet and also in Vietnam and I definitely think the Cliff is my best so far (I don't think Vinpearl would beat this one). The fact that I bought the promo package with half the price would help too. It was an awesome deal and great value.

The only thing I would suggest here is the stairs at the pool which gets to the mini pool bar are tricky. I didn't feel really safe since I tumbled there. They should have some signs there. Same for the stairs walking down to the beach right beside the pool. It was difficult to navigate at night.

Definitely will come back and recommend friends to go here. Keep it up.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Aprilwm

Dear Aprilwm,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your good experience at the Cliff Resort and Residences with others.

We were so happy to see that you found everything to be excellent during your recent trip to Mui Ne. We hope we get a chance to see you again soon and trust you will have the time to be able to experience the improvements we are currently working on.

I take good note of your suggestion concerning the stairs, thank you.

Please visit us again soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 9 May 2014

we had one of the 3 bed pool villas for the four of us, wasnt of to a good start as there was nowhere comfortable to sit outside the villa all the cushions were missing took 3 days to get them and that was probably only after we took some from the pool area to which they turned up the next morning to retrieve them. Did the BBQ what a waste of time, fine if you like salad but got fed up of queuing for 10 to 15 mins to get a small piece of fish or a couple of prawns, most of what was advertised never appeared. The Spa is a joke, they are rude, the massage was so hard it hurt, they dont speak any English,people just wander in an out, they also give you uncleaned slippers / flip flops to wear from previous guests.
Yes you get vouchers for breakfast we were there 8 nights we went once.
Lots of problems at this hotel the main one is they like to charge Western prices unfortunately they cant back it up with Western service.
Marie of guest relations is helpful and does speak good English but it gets very tiresome and boring having to see her everyday to sort problems out.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank GarnerTK
The_Cliff_Mgmt, Guest Relations Manager at The Cliff Resort & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear GarnerTK,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback after your stay at The Cliff Resort & Residences.

I regret to hear about your bad experience as we work our hardest to ensure our guests have the best stay possible.

We are aware you experienced some issues, we did our best to resolve them during your stay.

We are providing constant education and training for all our staff as complete satisfaction is our goal at The Cliff Resort & Residences. I am sorry that you experienced some lack of interest and negative experiences , your feedback has been discussed in details with our management team.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back if you are willing to give us another chance to make amends.

Yours sincerely,

Marie-Charlotte

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed at The Cliff with my friends for 2 nights, 2 x sea view rooms.
Although sea view room is more expensive, it is worth to pay more to enjoy a specular view!
It costs around USD100 per room per night, included breakfast.

The room is big and clean, with a balcony. It takes a while to wait for hot water from the shower. Can see sunrise from the balcony and it's just very nice.

Buffet breakfast is good, with lots of choices. I enjoy Pho the most! We also had dinner in the same restaurant one night while the food is so-so.

There are a lot of facilities provided, i.e. table tennis, snooker. Sometimes, there is some activities arranged by the hotel but you needa check it yourself.

We enjoyed our time staying next to the pool, with sunshine and sea wind. Beach chair and towels will also be provided on the beach.

Most of the staffs are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
The_Cliff_Mgmt, Guest Relations Manager at The Cliff Resort & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear WCLee,

Thank you very much for your good words and for taking the time to share your experience at the Cliff Resort and Residences with others.

I am happy you enjoyed the details in the resort as we focus on our guest’s complete satisfaction.

I am sorry our restaurant did not meet your expectations, we will improve this point as we are implementing a new menu with our new kitchen team.

It would be our pleasure to have the chance of welcoming you back at the Cliff Resort and Residences and make your stay unforgettable once again!

Kind regards,