We stayed here in April for 3 nights and we were very happy with our choice. The resort and its grounds are very beautiful and give you the images that you long for during the cold European winters!
The staff at the resort are very helpful and friendly, and seem to go above and beyond for everything you ask of them.
We had a beachfront bungalow and loved it! Couldn't have been happier - We would thorougly recommend this resort to anyone travelling to Mui Ne.
As with everything, there are a few areas for improvement and a few things to consider when booking Mui Ne:
1. The air conditioner in our room was not great. It seems that they have them on some sort of timer which I tried to over ride and it didn't work. It only ever got cool in the room, never cold. In fact, a few times we were lying outside the blankets to stay cool. The units look and seem old, for the price of the rooms these should be replaced considering how hot it is in Mui Ne
2. The restaurant where breakfast is served is very good, and we had dinner there and it is also very good...probably the best in Mui Ne to be honest. The only thing we noticed is that it seemed the chefs seemed to hover over the waitresses quite a bit...was no problem for us, but I can imagine it could be a bit intimidating for the waitresses as it seemed they were being constantly scrutinised. Also, this sounds a bit odd, but at breakfast there was too many staff standing in the way of the food and juice. I mean one morning they even asked how many pieces of butter I wanted from the tray (great service, maybe??) but I am able to get it myself from the dish thanks. Also when getting some juice, they were there offering to help, getting some toast again offering to help. It was very nice, but slightly overbearing.
3. Finally, this isn't about the hotel specifically, but they do benefit. This is probably the best beach in Mui Ne. If you go just to the left of the hotel the beach literally disappears during high tide and is also quite dirty with litter. Coco Beach cleans the beach and it is very wide and beautiful. If you're going to Mui Ne make sure you take this into account.
Finally, a bit about Mui Ne and the general area itself. It is a bit of a backpacker town, a bit of luxurious bungalows, a bit Russian, a bit English holiday maker....it doesn't seem to have a set identity and is trying to be all things to all people which doesn't always work. We also found most of the bars and restaurants empty whilst we were there.
It's a place to chill out and relax - which we enjoyed, and Coco Beach is probably the best place there to do it
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stilted wooden huts, stretched in green lush gardens along a private long white-sand beach. Privacy, relaxation and well being. The oasis in the middle of the Mui Ne Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Coco Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Beach Hotel Phan Thiet
- Coco Beach Phan Thiet