“Very Rude, "security makes you feel like a criminal"”

Palmira Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #57 of 129 Hotels in Phan Thiet
Reviewed 7 October 2012

My girlfriend asked me to check out this hotel because she saw a good deal online. I walked down the beach, as I started to enter from the beach 3 security guards who could not speak english asked me to leave and pointed down the beach as though I was some criminal. Every resort in Mui Ne welcomes people from the beach to come in for a food and drinks, it is very open environment. I have stayed at many of the 4 star and both 5 star resorts, this is the first time I have been evicted from a resort, and this place is a dump! I then walked .25 mile around the hotel and through another resort, much nicer, no problems. As I walked in the front door, more security blocking my way asking what I wanted in non-existant english, this is getting crazy!!! I told the ladies at the front desk, but there english was so poor they thought I wanted to go visit my GF in her room and told me I could only see her in the lobby. Ok now that is adding insult to injury, if I can only see my GF in the lobby. These people no nothing about hospitality, I hope this hotel changes owners soon, the front of the hotel is an absolute eye sore. I will never stay at this hotel and beg you do the same. This is the worst hotel I have ever been to in all of Vietnam, and I have been here 8 years, and own a company in Vietnam. *****You have been warned*****

Room Tip: Find another hotel, best options: The Cliff, Anatara, Villa Muine , Allez Boo, Mia
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank Dylan R

Reviewed 28 June 2012

My family stayed at Palmira Resort for 4 days last week. The beach was beautiful. There weren't many people, very quiet but we loved it. The room was very disappointing: bath towels old and room not very clean. We had house keepers each day but they only changed bath towels, provided new spring water bottles, made our beds neater. They did not sweep the floors. Breakfast was ok. There was no wifi in the room, only reception, common area. I would not rate breakfast and room as a 3 star resort but as a 2 star. I would only give ticks to pool, pool towels, warm water in room and the beautiful beach.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Huyen N
Reviewed 1 May 2012

My father was invited together with his friends to stay at the Palmira Resort. His friends and the owner used to work together in the past so it is usual in Vietnam that the invitation is for free. Also, the owner used to stay with my father's friends' in Hanoi.

Well, in the end my father and his friend felt a little betrayed, for despite having invited them the owner still gave them a bill, after having placed my father's party in the VIP-rooms, which by the way were pretty much the same as all other rooms, except the high pricing. This and some other things have brought some bitterness to my fathers friend, who has left the place without a word and will spread the word in Hanoi. This is not Vietnamese hospitality.

This is not about the accomodation itself, but about the owner's style. Knowing that about your host I would think twice about staying there!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
8  Thank Tuan D
Reviewed 1 April 2012

- hot water in the shower is warm, not really "hot".
- close to the beach, beach towels are available at the pool.
- wifi - only in the lobby or near the pool, not in the rooms.
- safe box/tv/fridge - in the room.

This hotel seems to be popular among Russians, but don't let this fact frighten you.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I stayed at Palmira Resort in April, 2011. The hotel was one of the oldest in this area. The room was quite big (actually there were two rooms) with a nice balcony. The furniture was quite old and a bit shabby. The smell in the shower sometimes was irritating. There were a lot of ants in the room, so be careful and don't leave any food or fruit on the table.There was a TV set but I could not understand why it was turned to the door and not to the bed or to the arm-chairs. The stuff spoke poor English. The room was cleaned in a proper way only when I was present during cleaning. The breakfast was really poor, only one kind of juice, no meat and no fish. As for the Internet access, it was only at the pool, but even there it the signal was very bad.The best in this hotel was that there were no people till the 1st of May and that the beach was clean and very beautiful. I would recommendthis hotel only to someone who wants to spend a couple of weeks all alone and does not care much about comfort.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 February 2011

Very nice comfortable hotel, good location, beautiful beach!

Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank ElenaS11
Reviewed 31 May 2009

The Palmira is located on the beach in Mui Ne. It was wonderful. Beautiful rooms, grounds, beach, pool, great staff, and good food. We moved here from the Doi Duong and it was a great move. It cost a little more but was definitely worth it.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple