“This is a paradise!”
Review of Sunsea Resort

Sunsea Resort
Ranked #22 of 124 Hotels in Phan Thiet
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I stayed 8 night at this wonderful resort. It was really good! The staff was wery friendly and helpfool, breakfast is fantastic! The room is clean and comfortable. A fews steps from the great beach. In my opinion, this is the best place to relax! I traveled alone, but recommend this place to everyone!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Olga S
There are newer reviews for Sunsea Resort

Reviewed 1 March 2012

Kind of stylish, but very cold atmosphere, no mosquito protection (Horror!!), Outdoor bathtub is the best thing about the dark and cold Bungalow, tiny beach - for Kite Surfers only, breakfast is ridiculous considering the high price, food ok, friendly staff, strange payment policy (50% in advance, 100% if cancellation!!), Not at all worth the high price...

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I came to sunsea to use the restaurant with friends a few times over the weekend. we initially enjoyed the place until we made the mistake of sitting in the wrong chair at the restaurant (apparently reserved for a guest). My friend was abused by the security guard then forcibly removed by the guard tipping over the chair. This was ask without any warning. Strangely there was no one else in the restaurant.

As a result we never went back again and I will make sure I never stay at the resort. its great how a 100 usd/mth staff can ruin what might be a good place.

My advice for future guests.....don't sit in the wrong unmarked seat.

• Stayed: January 2012
4  Thank Gee_Erm
Reviewed 24 January 2012

we've booked a pool view room for our stay in mui ne, and the room at sunsea comes only available for 1 day. so we actually stayed for 1 day and find another one next door for the other day, which is not good but serves as good comparison. sunsea's breakfast is not buffet so you could order different things from the menu and have all the things fresh and warm. they truly have a bunch of options and it includes around 3 dishes and 2 drinks. way better than any other breakfast i had during my 13 days visit in vn. definitely recommend this one. and if you get plenty of budget to go, go for the cottage room, which is even better, with great views and easy access to the beach.

Room Tip: if you get enough budget go directly to the cottage rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Elvis S
Reviewed 21 December 2011

The location of this place is lovely. The beach is great and up there with any in Vietnam that I saw. The plot is really good and they have a nice pool, if just to look at as I didnt use it, and a very nice bar area. So, first impressions are really good.

When I saw that this place was quite a lot cheaper than the sailing club and the 5 star offerings I wondered why but it became apparent. There are a few annoyances that irritated me. There are lots of mozzies on this part of the beach. Accordingly, when you stay in a place like this you expect a haven away from them. However there were big gaps under the front door and between the sliding doors on to the veranda which meant there was a constant stream of mozzies getting in spoiling your relaxation. Actually I would have liked to have spent more time on my veranda as it was lovely however when you closed the sliding doors to stop the mozzies getting in to the room they locked meaning you couldn't get back in!

There was a mozzie net in the room although I found this wasn't big enough to easily and cover the bed. There were actually some mosquito coils and electronic repellents however I wasnt told about them and only noticed them in a drawer when I was leaving!

It is a shame really because this is a really nice looking place. But i was disappointed it let itself down and didn't give me the luxurious feel that 95 dollars a night should demand.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank thedeadlysubmarine
Reviewed 24 November 2011

We stayed in a Pool View Room, one of about 10, which provided a patio door to a private patio area with lounge furniture just a few steps from a pool (about 40 feet long). It felt like our private pool as it is only shared by the 'pool view' rooms. Just amazing.

The main pool, beach and restaurant are just down a path for our room. These are all wonderful.

Around the hotel are restaurants and shops for most needs so you don't really have to go elsewhere for your stay.

This is as close to paradise as I have experienced.

• Stayed: November 2011
4  Thank david g
Reviewed 18 November 2011

We originally booked a standard room which was nice, beautiful patio out to a pool. Then we walked through the resort to the beach and saw the beach and saw the cottages. They are just beautiful so we upgraded. The cottages also looked out onto a second pool andvwere close to the resturant and beach. Amazing bathroom with an outdoor bath. We had trouble with the hot water in our first room so they switched rooms. WIFI in the rooms doesn't work very well at all. We ended up using it in the resturant only which was a bit disappointing.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple