“Loved it! Recommending to all my friends.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Livingstone
Natural Mystic Lodge
Reviewed 5 November 2011

I travelled to Livingstone with family & friends in October 2011. Our stay at the Natural Mystic was wonderful. The rooms were charming and clean, and the meals were delicious. The staff was very knowledgeable regarding the many activities available in Livingstone. One of the trip highlights was our sunset cruise leaving directly from the Natural Mystic. I hope to return someday and share the Natural Mystic with more family and friends.

Room Tip: Loved our chalet by the river. The view was amazing!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Linda M

Reviewed 5 November 2011

The staff was amazing, rooms where inviting and relaxing, and the food was great. It is very relaxing sitting on the deck overlooking the river while enjoying a nice cocktail from the bar. Overall this is a great place to stay and I would recommend this to all of my friends. I am planning on returning to Zambia in three years and this will be one of my stops! We took a sunset cruise from the hotel and it was AMAZING!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dave L
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I just finished my eigth stay there with my tour company. My clients are always very happy with the Natural Mystic. The staff is friendly and accommodating, the location is prime. It is just minutes from the magnificent Victoria Falls, but far enough away to not have to deal with the noise of all the other lodges situated closer to the falls. It is on a quiet, mystical curve of the mighty Zambezi. I'll definitely be back with more satisfied customers!

Room Tip: Get a chalet right on the waters of the mighty Zambezi! Magical experience listening to the hippos...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank zambiacalling
Reviewed 14 October 2011

My fiance an I booked Natural Mystic for 10 nights and held our wedding, and reception dinner at the lodge on the 8th September 2011.
Firstly, I should explain that we are both from Africa, and know what to expect for our money. Also, we had a strict budget and therefore could not afford a 5 star venue or accommodation.
When deciding on Natural Mystic Lodge, we wanted to find a lodge that was affordable, remote (ie in nature), but close to Livingstone and Victoria Falls for accessibility to the airport and all the attractions around Victoria Falls.
We also wanted a lodge right on the beautiful Zambezi River, a smaller lodge, something intimate and private, but with enough entertainment / dining space to host a wedding for 50 people, and something with an authentic African ambience.
Given that it was our wedding, we wanted comfortable, clean, well appointed accommodation, with emphasis on beautiful surroundings, views of the Zambezi, and simple style.
We were also looking for a personal touch from the service and staff.

We booked the entire lodge for our guests and ourselves for the duration.

The lodge were kind enough to offer us great rates, below those published as we made a group booking, and also were having our wedding at the lodge.

I can honestly say that the lodge met and exceeded our expectations in many respects. We had the most incredible 10 days of our lives, our wedding was the most incredibly magical day ever, and I do not regret one aspect of our experience.

The lodge is situated right on the water, and was the perfect backdrop for our wedding in the garden under the Monkey Bread tree, surrounded by bougainvillea flowers (spelling), views of the Zambezi, and the sounds and sights of the African bush.
The entertainment and dining area (bar, seating area, lounge and deck on the water) is great, the staff are friendly, helpful and offered a personal touch.
The lodge offers all the services one would wish for, without costing too much.

I cannot thank the staff enough for making our wedding day so magical, and for putting up with a large group of celebrating people for 10 days. They did an amazing job.

I highly recommend this lodge to those who are looking for simplicity, value for money, simple, clean accommodations, in a truly beautiful site on the river.

DO - make your own transport arrangements,
DO - spend as much time as possible on the water
DO - support this lodge!

PS: If planning a wedding - DO LOOK AT THIS BEAUTIFUL UNIQUE LODGE AS A VENUE - It was everything we could have dreamed of and more.

Thank you Natural Mystic!
Richard and Roney

Room Tip: All chalets are similar, but get one on the water.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank richaviator
Reviewed 25 August 2011

After 10 days of game drives in national parks we were looking for a nice, relaxing and comfortable place which we could afford. Natural Mystic was exactly it! Out of the mess, elegant but relaxed, perfectly integrated in the beautiful natural scenery, with the right price. It's 20 km from town so we booked a car to avoid taxi rates or price negotiations for transfers. Vera and Elizabeth were absolutely helpful and efficient in assisting us in every need. We would definitely go back!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank spennata
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We (family of 4 adults) stayed at the Natural Mystic Lodge for 1 night in 2 bungalows and were glad that we could leave after 1 night. The place is extremely run down. The elevated wood path to the bungalow is so old, shaky and decaying that you do not feel safe walking over it. The bungalows are really dirty and both of the bathrooms were a disgrace. Really really dirty and not even the soap in both of our showers got replaced from the previous users, don’t even want to know if the bed sheets got changed or not.

Furthermore the location is really bad (about 40 min and 25/50 USD – one way/return - to the Victoria Falls) and there is no other food option then at the lodge itself. Unfortunately the food offered is equally bad as the lodge itself so you almost have to go all the way to Livingstone to eat.

Over all a very bad experience and I would NOT recommend it to anyone especially not for the comparatively high price charged, so do yourself a favor and look for another place!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank David D
Reviewed 22 June 2011

My husband and I chose Natural Mystic for a couple of days rest after a 3 week Overland Safari........and we got just that! At the time, we were the only guests! This place is somewhat dated, but we enjoyed the "round, thatched roof villas" once again. The staff
were very helpful and triend very very hard to please.
However, the township of Livingstone is quite a distance away and taxi cost return would
have been around 30+ USD. The meal options were not great. On our first evening, I think they were unprepared and so the chicked I ordered was microwave thawed, and so was my husband's steak! Just terrible! We advised earlier the next day what we would like and asked them to make sure the meat was thawed early - much better, but
certainly not restaurant quality at all!

Room Tip: Ask for a river chalet
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family