“fabulous lodge on banks of the zambezi”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Livingstone
Waterberry Zambezi Lodge
London, United Kingdom
“fabulous lodge on banks of the zambezi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and I started our African holiday at the Waterberry Lodge and what a great recommendation it turned to be. The setting is truly wonderful on the banks of the Zambezi. The management organises a very interesting group of trips, including of course to the Falls.The sunset boat cruise and visit to a group of local villages were memorable experiences. We also did a helicopter trip around and over the Falls which was amazing.

All of the staff are delightful, charming and helpful. The food is very good.

Altogether a lovely experience which I can't praise highly enough.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank AlanNewForest

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

After travelling through Namibia for 3 weeks we got 3 days at The Waterberry to relax and take in the nearby Victoria Falls...... before flying home. it was special!! The lodge was a wonderful place and the service provided by the whole team was absolutely excellent. Always smiling and keen to talk, the staff catered for us really well. Amy asked us what we wanted to do activity wise so we mentioned a few things and she put together a package, with all timings, transfers and packed lunches taken care of.... we just had to turn up at reception. We spent a day at the falls, helicopter trip and both sides of the falls..... which we would recommend, then one morning we walked to within feet of Rhino. The drivers we had were enthusiastic, knowledgeable and very helpful, including assistance at border crossings etc.
We'd go back here in a moment........ it was a lovely way to end our trip.
And I haven't even mentioned the herds of Elephant on the opposite bank of the river, or the hippos in the river.......

Room Tip: The room Swallow is down by the river........ WOW!!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank NGPAT
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

Waterberry Lodge on the Zambezi river (Zambia side) is one of the best value for money Lodges I have visited - and I've been to quite a few around Africa. The setting is superb, the individual units very quiet and well appointed, the food fabulous and the service - way beyond the call of duty. Amy the Lodge Manager worked long hours for me and my fellow guests. I could not have managed my lost Golf Bag without her. All the activities were perfectly organized, and even my road/river transfer back to Kasane, Botswana to catch a plane, after I had left Waterberry was not too much trouble for her. (Flight times only received 24 hrs in advance!!)
Amy you are a GEM - Tessa please note you have a fabulous Manager there. Value for money was good, as Livingstone is expensive.
Both the American family I met there and myself will be back to Waterberry. Wonderful memories, thank you.
As it's in the Game Reserve and 30 mins from the Falls and the town, I recommend hiring a car so you are flexible. Taxis are plentiful but it adds up if you want to look around a bit and do things other than the tourist activities.
Make sure you have some local currency also (contrary to what I read before I went) as many shops and Petrol stations only take Kwacha CASH. Forget Travellers Cheques and US$ notes over 2 years old or with a tear in them - nobody will take them not even the banks! Getting money from the bank machines is also a mission. So carry cash, it's quite safe.
I hope this helps.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a river view. The sunset cruise is wonderful. Visit Michael Mushaukwa at The Muk...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Sabana C
Edinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

Waterberry was the first stop on our visit to Africa and set the standard for the rest of our trip to South Africa. The staff were a delight and worked hard to make our visit with them very special. We loved the care and attention that we got at the dinner service - it was 5 star and many top class restaurants don't succeed in delivering service that is just the right blend of attention that we experienced. The food itself was excellent we enjoyed it all very much especially breakfast. The accommodation was very comfortable indeed and we slept like logs, even a hippo coming out of the water wouldn't have woken us. We did a number activities and trips all excellent. We enjoyed the river trips, the bird watching (Webby was a great guide and good fun to go walking with), our island picnic which was very memorable. The village walk was a really worthwhile experience and we really appreciated seeing life in Zambia through the eyes of the local community. It was an illuminating insight and made us appreciate the lives we live back in the UK. Thank you all for looking after us so well.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hazel S
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

This is great place to locate oneself to explore the many attractions in the Livingston area. The cabins are comfortable and well equipped and the standard of service is first rate.
It is a shame it is quite as far from the falls as it is but that one failing can be forgiven as it is an excellent resort.

The boat trips and excursions are well organised, particularly the bespoke falls trip.

Food is of the highest standard, you won't lose weight here.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank langham1954
Kendal, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

I booked a safari holiday with Yellow Zebra tour operators, but wanted to spend a few days in Livingstone to visit the Falls, do 1/2 day volunteering with Lion Encounter/Lion Alert. James at Yellow Zebra recommended The Waterberry as an alternative to the more expensive establishments.

I am really happy that I followed this recommendation because the Waterberry is all and more that the reviews say. Warm welcome - like coming home to family after a long trip - excellent food, spacious and comfortable rooms, lovely bathrooms, enchanting gardens and grounds, and some of the best staff that I have encountered in my Africa (and elsewhere) travels.

A fabulous place to either start or end a safari holiday - easy access to Vic Falls activities, sunset cruises from the lodge's dock, good company and new friends. Try and visit the school the lodge supports - it is worth the visit! And now that the River farmhouse is open and ready to receive guests, I will be gathering up my family and coming back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Charleen R
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

We had a wonderful 3 day stay here but could have easily stayed longer as there is so much to do in this area and it is such a lovely relaxing place to stay. The setting on the edge of the Zambezi couldn't be bettered. The outings were superb and all arranged by the lodge. The management led a very happy team of staff and the food was lovely. This was an ideal end to a fairly exhausting 9 day safari holiday in Botswana. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Twiglet123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Livingstone
Tongabezi
The Victoria Falls Hotel
#6 of 16 in Victoria Falls
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,189 reviews
The David Livingstone Safari Lodge & Spa

Been to Waterberry Zambezi Lodge? Share your experiences!