US$160
Hotels.com
AVANI Victoria Falls Resort(Livingstone)
US$326
The River Club(Livingstone)
US$1,680
US$803
Orbitz.com
All reviewstraining centerlocal youtha popular placeguest housegreat italian foodsmall table and chairsbreakfast was includedlocation is greatcentral locationa great place to stayday tripvictoria fallsolgasprojectngoshopriteincome
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I have now stayed at Olga's three times and I shall continue to return. The accommodation block was added in 2012 and the rooms are really nice. The toilet and showers are done Italian style with small tiles and beautiful finishing. To top it all of the food is some of the best in Zambia. The rooms are 300 for single, 400 for double and 500 for triple (i.e. 60, 80, 100USD) which for Livingstone is a bargain. I guess the only let down is that they have no swimming pool which would have provided for the last star.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We have been doing quite a few trips but as a rule we never go to anything Italian when we are abroad. I was intrigued by the reviews about “Olga’s place” and decided to make an exception. We were not disappointed. The rooms are clean, spacious and well equipped. The hotel staff were helpful. We went there in the dry season and the room due to its design, kept an almost constant comfortable temperature. We tested the restaurant and the food was good (the Italian food really tasted like Italian food - I particularly enjoyed the “latte macchiato” and the bread for breakfast) even if the service was a bit slow. We booked our exursions through the in-house service and we were well looked after.

Room Tip: Try asking for a room away from the road that can be noisy
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sauron.cnp
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I stayed at Olga's for 3 nights in July 2013 - as expected, it's a very solid / nice place. The hotel market here is very odd and very expensive - lots of the "high end" hotels which are super expensive, but don't really look very nice... Olga's is sort of a small inn, nicer than a hostel but not as nice as a full service hotel. The staff was great and very helpful with all of our needs throughout our few days there. I am giving four stars based on value... this is probably a 2-3 star accommodation, but a GREAT value for Zambia!

Pro's - clean / simple rooms, good location, friendly staff, good tour booking service (someone is always on site and very helpful), good food (very nice free breakfast, and lunch/dinner at the restaurant is good)

Con's - slow wifi (probably not Olga's specific), no amenities in the bathroom (no body soap, shampoo, etc. - so bring your own)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I stayed at Olga's for a week in April, 2013 and had a fantastic experience. The rooms are modern and very comfortable and have lovely bathrooms (with hot showers). The staff are excellent and will help you with anything you need. The restaurant serves delicious food (breakfast included) and has good WiFi. The location is great - just across the street is a supermarket, an ATM, restaurants, and the taxi station to get a taxi to the Falls or other parts of the town. The staff will organize tours and trips for you at their travel desk. I recommend the day trip to Chobe National Park in Botswana. Olga's is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank AndreaConnelly
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I stayed for four nights in February and I don't think this accommodation can be beaten in terms of quality of rooms, the breakfast included, price and location.

Modern rooms, mine had a double and single bed in it, no air con but ceiling fans, tea/coffee making facilities plus table & chairs and personal safe. Beds are very hard but that's true throughout Africa. Rooms are cleaned daily with fresh towels too.

Breakfast is included in the room rate and I found it great, you choose between a full cooked breakfast or 2 other lighter choices from memory I think they were breakfast muffin with preserves or an omlette I can't be sure though but there were definately lighter choices. That said staff are very accommodating so ask and see if there able to serve what you'd like, I asked for beans on toast and that was no problem oh and the toast was bakery style thick chunky bread :-) You also get a choice of 3 fresh juices and tea or coffee, nothing was too much trouble and breakfast was really nice and relaxing.

Good location, across the road is a small shopping centre containing a bank, pharmacist, coffee shop which also serves food plus a fairly large supermarket (shoprite) and couple of restaurants. Supermarket is handy for buying snacks, water etc. It's easy to get a taxi to the falls, can't remember how much but ask the staff and they'll ensure you don't get over charged.

Restaurant itself is very good ate there 3 evenings and food is really cheap, only small gripe is one evening I ordered pasta and found it quite undercooked but the pizzas on the other 2 evenings were really nice and the restaurant was busy which says it all, you can charge meals & drinks to your room.

Wi-fi is free but signal is only in the restaurant and lounge area, however it worked pretty well wasn't the quickest but fine for checking emails and researching my next destination on tripadvisor!

Staff are so helpful and friendly especially Esther, I was ill when I arrived and they were really caring and came with me to the medical centre located in the road behind Olgas, lovely genuine people.

Overall Olga's is a great place to stay, if I was to visit Livingstone again I would definately stay here, forget the overpriced chain hotels this is a little gem plus it's a great youth project so your supporting a good cause.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo