“Nice place and perfect location bus station”

Livingstone Backpackers
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Friendly people, nice place, excelent location to stay when you visit Victoria Falls. Also staff was really helpful to attend my requests.
My room was very close to the bar/pool area, and from 9 to 11pm the music volume was too high, the same way I was too tired I was able to sleep the same.
Toilets and showers are ok, rooms are just ok. May be in the future they could include some furniture, a little table, or something... but really there isn't too much space available when four persons stay in the same room.

Room Tip: Choose a room as far as you can from the bar/pool area, in the nights that place is too noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 10 March 2013

spent a few nights in livingstone Backpackers in january 2013, and I have to say I wasn't happy whatsoever. choose this one because of good reviews on trip advisor and I felt framed a bit. They are advertising 5 USD transfer to Vic Falls on their webpage, but instead "just take a taxi for 10USD one way". (sometimes taxi drivers want to charge You even more). rooms pretty basic, no mosquito net, no fan, bathrooms really run down - during my stay, one out of two showers in the main building didn't have a shower head, water was just pouring down from the pipe..
for the infos on going to Botswana, some visa questions etc I was send to Jollyboys. I was told I can pay by credit card but the terminal was broken, so had to walk to the nearest working ATM (Barclays about 5/10 mins). there was a lot of staff working in Livingstone Backpackers, but every time I wanted something there was no one in the reception (it took about 10 minutes someone came to check me in..)
nice bar area, very loud loud music at the evenings thou - avoid rooms nearby.
overall - I didn't like the place, not a good service (I know is cheap), dirty swimming pool, wrong infos on the web.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 December 2012

Karen & I had a fantastic time while staying at Livingstone Backpackers. Nothing was too much trouble for Dawn and her team. The food was very good and there was plenty of it at a very reasonable price. Great pool, climbing wall, hot tub and well stocked bar. Great cooking facilities as well as close by to local restaurants. Booked all out trips here as well and they were all value for money. Highly recommend white water rafting and the booze cruise - tho not at the same time!! Fantastic value, definitely stay here next time we are in Zambia - 2014 hopefully!! Tony & Karen XX

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2012

My experience in Livingstone Backpackers was indeed a very good one. The place is a perfect base for venturing to the magnificent Vic Falls (there's scheduled transportation arranged), shopping for African art in the city center and just relaxing in the evening. Or partying hard, whichever you prefer. :P As the name implies, the place is primarily for backpackers, adventurous travellers on a budget, so if you're prepared to share your room, this is definitely your place. Livingstone Backpackers is nice, safe and affordable, so I warmly recommend it. :)

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 October 2012

it's a very quite place with paying the same amount of money as in jollyboy's bkpk, you can get a four person's drom. as in jollyboy's for a 16ppl/dorm. Very quite and clean place.

Hot shower is hot. And the water is good. 7mins walk to the big supermarket Seal. Overall good exp.

Room Tip: Rooms are almost the same. Very simply but clean. The only thing is the mattress is not very comfy...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank MasterJin
Reviewed 5 October 2012

A couple of friends and I are backpacking from Cairo to Cape and we decided to give this place a try. We originally wanted to stay at Jollyboys but it was fully booked so we went with Livingstone backpackers. The good thing about this place over Jollyboys, which we got to see also because our friends were staying there, is the price. The price is cheaper and everything is about the same as Jollyboys. The room here is pretty good. No fan or mosquito net but other than that, everything was clean and we didn't have any problems with the place. The service was OK. The good thing was that they were very nice about moving us because the music next to the bar was too loud for us to sleep. The bad was when I was checking out, the lady at the service desk was just on her laptop telling me to ask the other guy about everything instead of helping me. The cool thing about this place is that it has a rock climbing wall, which was pretty awesome. This place is pretty happening too. On Saturday night, there was a bunch of people at the bar and everyone was having a good time. There is a pool also but the water didn't seem all that clean to swim in. The location of this place is very good. It is about a 5 min walk from the bus station and the mall (which has all the essentials and great restaurants). Overall, my friends and I had a great time here and would definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We stayed here for 6 nights in a triple room (actually quad but we split the cost so it was $13 each a night) -a couple of older backpackers and a young architecture student we met on the train from Dar to Mposhi. It's a fun place to hang out even if you are a bit older and the facilities are fantastic! We are volunteers in Arusha and being able to watch the Olympics on the big screen was great. The swimming pool and bar and the whole outdoor living "thing" works so well. The only worry I had was with the kitchen which is very small for the numbers using it and there were no signs around telling people to clean up after themselves-I felt so sorry for the ladies who had to clean up in the morning! The staff were lovely and very helpful though and I'd recommend this as a great base for seeing The Falls and participating in all the activities around.

Room Tip: It gets a bit noisy around the pool at night so if you are a "fowl" choose one away from t...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends