Overall was very disappointed by this hostel:
- The rooms were very cramped and hot. Staff could not spare a fan for the first night so the room was baking. Even with the fan the room was still extremely hot.
- The water pump broke so there was no water for showering, toilets or drinking (advertised as being free) for 2 days. Sure these things happen but you can make effort to compensate through a discount, providing bottled water, complimentary drink...something?
- Nice pool and bar area however very difficult to track down staff to get a drink at times (there only seems to be one person working there at one time).
- The kitchen was GROTTY, the fridge hadn't been cleaned out in a long time.
- Wifi hardly ever worked. When you are paying for it I would expect the standard to be much higher
- Restaurant wasn't in operation at the time
Its a shame because the hostel has a really nice vibe and shared space but management just couldn't seem to get it together. Overall I would avoid and recommend Jollyboys instead
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Livingstone Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.