“After a deception a good lodge”
Review of Camp Nkwazi

Camp Nkwazi
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We (a Dutch family of 6 persons, including 2 kids of 6 and 3 years old) were transferred to this Lodge after the deception we experienced at the Villa of Kubu Cabins (same management). In contrast to Kubu Cabins this Lodge was very good which did forget the deception of Kubu Cabins. We enjoyed the rest of our stay and we can certainly recommend this Lodge.

The boat trip which we made starting from the Lodge was much better than the overcrowded boat trips which start in Livingstone.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 August 2014

I have just spent 5 nights at Camp Nkwazi. Despite being a solo traveller, everything ran smoothly and was just perfect. From the moment I was collected by Shadrecke - a knowledgeable and friendly driver - to being greeted by Immanuel with a welcoming cocktail, I knew I had found the perfect combination of comfort and relaxation. Paul and Kevin were welcoming hosts and were unfazed by my requests particularly helping me get a car at short notice so I could meet my daughter who was in a village 120km away. The rest of the time I got to Livingstone and back with either Shadrecke or a local taxi. I chose not to self cater and every night the food was of excellent standard, whether fish or meat, served by the wonderful Immanuel and Maybin. My chalet overlooked the Zambezi and it was a haven of calm and comfort to come back to at the end of the day after the activities of the day. I highly recommend the photographic safari in Botswana - I am not an expert with a camera but the guide was very knowledgeable and I have some superb pictures. First tip - I had every adapter plug available but you need a South African one (thanks Kevin!). Second tip - just go to Camp Nkwazi and find out for yourself how great it is. This is one place I will return to.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Its not easy to find a venue when one decides to get married out the blue, but by some stroke of fortune we decided on Nkwazi. We had booked it out before we had even stepped foot in in. It was the BEST decision we made, other than agreeing to marry each other.

Paul and Marna make a formidable team. From the outset they emphasized that it was a family run business and that they would go out of their way to make it the wedding we wanted. Not only did they help cater for our every need, but also all the needs of our mad friends and family. The setting, their food, their staff, their kindness, their generosity, their patience, their professionalism and their extraordinary sense of hospitality made it the most wonderful, loving and relaxed time. How on earth do we thank you enough?!?! Everyone left for home feeling part of a great big (albeit crazy) family.

You have created something magical in Camp Nkwazi and it is a testament to you both!
From the very depths of our hearts, thank you, thank you, thank you.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Camp Nkwazi was an experience unforgettable!!!

From the help over the telephone to get over the border until the welcome drink and naturally the stay at this 5 star place is a MUST!!!

The garden is well worth a whole day's walk to admire every plant, tree and shrub planted!!

WHAT A PLACE - wish we could go right away again!!

Hessie, Leon, Paul en Marna - we love you!!!

Room Tip: Any room is excellent!! Even the ones on the dam!! A beautiful Open Bill Stork is your watchman!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Rien775
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Ok, I am approaching this review from a different angle. Those of us who have stayed at Nkawzi agree it gets 5 stars without doubt, with a 4 star price. That is without question. Paul and Kevin, thank you, thank you, thank you ... Special thanks to Gerald and his team who supplied the best food ever. If australia thinks it has the best beef, think again... Zambian beef is the best in the world (not an exaggeration). How can anyone cook beef for a wedding (60 people) and have it taste so tender and still hot and mouth watering, not to mention all the other dinners and breakfasts etc. Mayben and team at the bar, thanks for introducing us Aussies to Savanna (a cider) which for once caused us to stop drinking bubbles and swap to Savanna which we continued to drink throughout Africa, thanks to the cleaners, yard people, laundry people and finally a VERY BIG thank you to Chadreck, our amazing driver and animal spotter. We wondered how we would get around being 20 k's out of L'stone - never an issue. Safe driver, delightful man and very patient and funny. If you want to stay in a posh hotel, stay at the Royal Livingstone, if you want to stay in a 5 star place without the pomp, stay at Nkwazi, it's not a destination, it's an wonderful experience ...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Paul, Kevin, what an experience we have had! Spent 7 absolutely fantastic days at Camp Nkwazi. We had a beautiful camping site. Grass own ablution and all the wonderful night sounds! Spoilt rotten by the entire staff and in particular, besides the personal attention of Paul and Kevin, Maybin and Shali were exceptional at the pub with cold Mozi's and "donkey" hot water every day! Dont forget about the fire wood and ice personally delivered to our campsite every day..all I can say is experience it yourself, you WONT be disappointed!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gail J
Reviewed 7 May 2014

What an amazing place to stay! The cabins are clean and just perfect, with everything you might need and the setting is absolutely beautiful. At night you hear the hippos and lions and by day it's a chatter of birds. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, so organised. What amazed me was the attention to detail that Paul and his team have given, really a rare find in Africa.
It's a close drive to Vic Falls and they have a wide range of activities to choose from or we could just to chill out on the deck peacefully. I would recommend Camp Nkwazi to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple