“Great view of the Zamezi river”

Victoria Falls Waterfront
Canad
“Great view of the Zamezi river”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

The room was clean/standard, had a fridge,shower was good and hot.Bed was comfortable. View of the river was at your feet as you sat out the back of your room or in the restaurant . You could hear the hippos at night. Food was really good and good price. The extra tours were way to expensive..You had to pay for wifi.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
SafariParExcellence, Manager at Victoria Falls Waterfront, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Hi,

Thank you for your nice review, I'm glad that you enjoyed everything but sorry that you found the activities expensive - some of them are a bit pricey (it is an expensive place to run a company due to various taxes / fees etc) but really worth splashing out on as many of them are once in a lifetime opportunities. However, there is of course just gazing out at the river and amazing views which is priceless and for free which I'm glad to see you managed to enjoy!

Waterfront Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Ok so I stayed in a lodge.
Really loved it, happy I did this instead of the tent.
Two clean beds, a shower and toilet.

The housekeeping lady I had made the room smell amazing and you could hear her singing while cleaning. Really enjoyed running into her.

The front desk staff I found rude a check in.
I explained how I booked and that I had an email.
But they kept demanding a voucher, which I did not have.
Finally once sorted out they charged me more than I was quoted.
After 40 hours of travel I couldn't bother argue over 20USD.

I then tried to arrange activities with the staff upstairs.
Biggest waste of time.
I asked to book the village tour, they said it wasn't going.
I tried to book the Livingstone tour, they said take a cab and do it on your own.
I tried to book the sunset cruise on Tuesday, they said no people going Tuesday and had to go Wednesday but to come back that day to book.
I watched the sunset cruise leave Tuesday with probably 40+ people
Wednesday when I went to book they said it wasn't going, as there wasn't enough people, but to come back at 3pm (it leaves at 4)
I said I was going to the falls so they said come back at 12noon.
Did that and I was able to book.
My cruise had 12 people, in which 8 were a family.

This resort is very boring if you have no activities planned.
Highly suggest pre-book activities else where before you come.

The service at dinner was really good. The pizza was some of the best pizza I have ever had.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Nykkyl
Hi,

Thank you for your review, we especially loved the comments about the singing housekeeper!!

I'm so sorry that you had some issues with both front desk and the activity centre, especially if you experienced any rudeness as we would take this very seriously from our staff and luckily is something that we rarely experience as most people in Zambia are so friendly - the most amazing smiles. I do hope you took these issues up with management as I'm sure they would have been easily sorted out? If you would like me to look into them further please send me a mail on zamwf@safpar.com, especially if you feel you were overcharged in anyway - was this perhaps regarding park fees as this is a new charge from the local park authority and unfortunately totally outside of our control.

Activity Centre - Most activities will need a minimum number to run and unfortunately unless a customer is willing to pay for the minimum number then a tour won't run. If possible the staff will try to fit you in as and where they possibly can, or make alternative recommendations such as organising a taxi (which they will do for you) so that you can still see as many sights as possible.

Glad that you enjoyed the pizza's, they're reasonably new and proving very popular (not so good for our waistlines though!!).

Mackay, Queensland, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed 3 nights in the Executive Suite at $190 US per night, which lacked heating, TV, phone and real security. The hot water system needed fixing and the shower was spasmodic and cold.
I consider this to be a backpackers accommodation standard. the staff were pleasant and helpful. This hotel would be better in a warmer time of year.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rob B
Hi Rob,

I'm so sorry that you didn't enjoy our accommodation.

We don't provide TV or phones in the chalets at the moment as we always think gazing at the river is the most amazing thing that people want to do on holiday. Having said that, we have had more and more requests for TV so we are currently looking at getting it installed into the rooms. Sorry this was too late for your stay but we are constantly updating and improving where we can from clients feedback so we do appreciate and value your comments.

We do pride ourselves on our helpful and friendly staff so I'm very please that you did get to experience this.

Waterfront Management

Travellers are raving about these Livingstone hotels

St. Paul, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Zambezi Waterfront was our last stop before our journey backhome after a 14 day wildside safari in Botswana. The rooms were lovely, the showers GREAT! It was relaxing to sit with dinner overlooking the Zambezi. One evening elephants swam across!! Breakfast was great. Service fantastic.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Hi Patricia,

Thank you so much for your lovely review on Zambezi Waterfront, I'm glad that you enjoyed it so much. I'm also glad you managed to see elephants swimming across the river in front of the lodge, such a special sight.

I hope that you had a good trip back home and that you enjoyed your time in Africa.

darwin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Firstly, it is nearly worth it for the view alone - and easy access to amazing river cruises!
However, at the end of twenty day camping trip with G Adventures the often cold, completely eratic water pressure of the showers was so, so disappointing from what I judge to be close to luxury accommodation. (and yes, we told reception). Guests staying in one of the most expensive rooms had the same problem and strongly advised us to move. All the extra fees like taxis to town, the falls, wireless etc. I didn't think were that big a deal until I moved to Jollyboys in town, (which I appreciate won't suit every type of traveller, but still) where they do free shuttles to the falls, a much more affordable (and competent) travel agent, so much detailed information on what to do and the double room with ensuite might not have had a river view but the shower was perfect, wireless free, book exchange, swimming pool, etc. etc. etc. If you are ending your tour here and have a few more days you won't regret the move... we have just spent 2 days in Chobe (waterfront could only orgnise day trips) and our negative experience with disinterested staff at the waterfront has been turned around. (although of course I miss that view!) :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi,

I'm so sorry that you didn't have a very good experience at Waterfront. We have had some issues with showers recently and this is something that we are working on improving, thank you for reporting this to reception at the time as this does help us to isolate and deal with any issues.

Although we don't provide free trips to Victoria Falls or free WiFi (but will look into the possibility of doing so), our activity centre are normally fantastic at the information and tours that they provide. The tours will have been the same rates as the ones at Jolly Boys. The activity centre does also provide overnight and multiple day trips into Chobe so I will discuss this with them as this information obviously wasn't passed onto yourselves which it should have been so please accept our apologies for this.

Porthleven, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were staying next door at the David Livingstone Hotel and Spa, but it was very quiet. We walked along the lit-up path one evening to the Zambezi Waterfront hotel. The bar was "buzzing" with people of all ages. Their speciality is pizzas cooked to order in a large pizza oven, which were excellent. There was a great atmosphere here, with fabulous views of the river and the top of the Victoria Falls. They offer a happy hour on drinks - you would need to check what time and day. Would definitely recommend the Waterfront for an evening of pizza and drinks but cannot comment on the accommodation as didn't see any.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Claire,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us and thank you for visiting even though you were staying next door at David Livingstone - guests are more than welcome to walk in between the two and enjoy the varied facilities.

Our bar and pizza's are both popular and there is always a good (buzzing is a great word to describe it) atmosphere with friendly people from all walks of life making new friends - never a dull moment. Our happy hour is every Friday from 17.30 - 18.30.

Port Alberni, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed in a tent at the Zambezi Waterfront Campsite in Sept 2013 and it was great monkeys right outside the door, bathrooms were adequate, pools were cool and refreshing and Bar/restaurant was good. We did the dinner river cruise and were disappointed as we were late leaving so dark coming home and hard to see anything. The Wi Fi is incredibly slow and that was frustrating but our tent, linens were clean and staff was helpful. A great first night camping in Africa.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
SafariParExcellence, Public Relations Manager at Victoria Falls Waterfront, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Good day to you,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review.
We apologise that you did not think our WIFI service was up to standard and we will try and address that issue soonest.
Overall we see that you did enjoy your stay with us.
We look forward to seeing you again in Livingstone soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Livingstone
The N1 Hotel & Campsite Victoria Falls
The N1 Hotel & Campsite Victoria...
#11 of 16 in Victoria Falls
Ilala Lodge
#8 of 16 in Victoria Falls
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,077 reviews
Royal Livingstone Victoria Falls Zambia Hotel by Anantara

Been to Victoria Falls Waterfront? Share your experiences!