My wife and I stayed 4 months at Maramba, while building a project in Livingstone. Brad and Ruth Keast, the managers there, as well as the staff became like family to us. The Lodge is beautifully situated on the Maramba River and the only Lodge situated in the Mosi Oa Tunya National Park. That means that basically, you will see elephants, hippos and crocs by the river for the most of the dry season (May to October). We bumped into the local hippo almost every night. It doesn't get any better than that, unless you join a Safari trip.
We love the atmosphere, the park-like feel of the Lodge and the friendliness of the managers and stuff. We felt welcome and accepted. We heartily recommend it to travelers as a great stop for Victoria Falls, which is very close by (you can hear it at night from you tent or room).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4km from The Victoria Falls, Maramba River Lodge provides a most attractive all-year-round base to access The Victoria Falls. Maramba River Lodge is situated in the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park overlooking the Maramba River. The lodge is visited by the resident wildlife with elephant wandering through the grounds at certain times of the year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Maramba River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maramba River Hotel Victoria Falls
- Maramba River Lodge Zambia/Victoria Falls