We stayed in a chalet, which is the most exclusive alternative at the lodge. We had a family room with a double bed and a bunk bed for the kids. The chalets are stand alone with a small veranda. There are dark green mosquito nets instead of windows. The decor is very tired and dark, the walls have cracks in the them and carpets were old and stained. Bathroom was cleaned, but tired too.
The beds themselves were pretty awful and needed to be replaced. I kept falling into the "hole" in the middle of the bed made by thousands (?) of guests before me.
The restaurant has a nice location. Food was OK - we only had lunch and breakfast there. The pool and bar area is very nice. Pool is clean and nice and is made to look like a natural waterhole. The bar is nice, facing the river and is visited by both hotel guests and locals when we were there.
Service in the reception was very willing, but unfortunately not very knowledgeable. The entire staff didn't have access to a computer so it was difficult for them to find phone numbers to restaurants etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4km from The Victoria Falls, Maramba River Lodge provides a most attractive all-year-round base to access The Victoria Falls. Maramba River Lodge is situated in the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park overlooking the Maramba River. The lodge is visited by the resident wildlife with elephant wandering through the grounds at certain times of the year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Maramba River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maramba River Hotel Victoria Falls
- Maramba River Lodge Zambia/Victoria Falls