“A little gem in Bulawayo”

Southern Comfort Lodge
Ranked #5 of 24 Bulawayo B&B and Inns
Johannesburg, South Africa
“A little gem in Bulawayo”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

A little intimate lodge nestled in tranquil gardens with the comforting sounds of African nightlife....hard to believe it's on the outskirts of the city. We spent three weeks in various lodges in Zimbabwe and this was by far the best lodge. The food was superb and the hosts most welcoming. Clean, safe and tastefully decorated. A definite return venue if travelling through Zimbabwe. The lodge is a wonderful venue for businessmen and tourists.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Collette6121
SouthernComfortLodge, Public Relations Manager at Southern Comfort Lodge, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
Thank you so much for you review! We very much enjoyed having you with us, and hope you enjoyed your stay and the rest of your holiday in Zimbabwe!

Here's to seeing you again in the future; hopefully your next trip will start here in your "Home Away From Home!"

All the best for the New Year!

Southern Comfort Lodge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Kalispell, Montana
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I am a travel consultant and send clients all over the world -having a safe place for them to dine and sleep is key to my clients satisfaction (and a good reflection on me as their agent). This place is clean with beautiful grounds allowing tranquility and a menu (rare at B&B's) for dining not to mention great food and drink options. The staff is very friendly and make you feel very welcome if traveling alone. I will return to Bulawayo and, if an overnight is required prior to safari, I will be staying at Southern Comfort Lodge. Furthermore, I will recommend this place to my clients.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Huntress_Livy
SouthernComfortLodge, Public Relations Manager at Southern Comfort Lodge, responded to this review, 2 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review! It was great having you with us, and we're so glad that you enjoyed your stay!

Hopefully we'll be seeing you again soon! Thank you for recommending us, and we'll do our best to continue meeting the standards you and your clients expect!
Northwich
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I went to Zimbabwe for a 3 week holiday, I stayed at Southern Comfort Lodge a total of 9 nights during my stay.What a lovely place to stay, the chalets were very clean comfortable and well equipped. I enjoyed getting up early in the morning and sitting outside and seeing all the birds in the trees and watching the sun come up. The day is started with a good breakfast of your choice.I used to eat this outside enjoying the African sun and beautiful garden that had been created there. Evenings were centred around the bar and dining room, there was always a few people around the bar and lots of lively conversation, everyone was included in the conversation which was nice as I was travelling solo. You would be hard pressed to find a friendlier bunch of people, Craig and Leslie were the owners and Kevin and Shannon were the managers, the food in the restaurant was 1st class. I was luckly enough to go fishing for bass with Craig and Kevin one day and I had my catch cooked for my supper. Cannot wait to go back there next year.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank DavidHilaryNorthwich
SouthernComfortLodge, Public Relations Manager at Southern Comfort Lodge, responded to this review, 30 October 2012
Thanks for posting such a great review! It was great to have you with us - don't forget the bass will still be biting next year (or perhaps you can try for Tiger?)

We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to see you again soon!
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We did not stay at the lodge so I cannot comment on that, but we went here for dinner and drinks and had a great time. We had both appetizers and dinner and everyone in our group was extremely pleased with the food. The decor was excellent. It was a typical Africa thatched roof building. The room had some very nice mounts that we took the time to admire.

After dinner we bellied up to the bar. The owner and his wife were working. We had a very interesting time talking about our hunting trip and them sharing some of their experiences. Their friendship was sincere and they made us feel right at home.

It was a very memorable dinner.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dale F
It was great to have you! We have added our Specialty Dish, the Z-Bone to our menu since your visit (600-700g of prime T-Bone Steak) - be sure to visit again and try it out!

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review!
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We stayed at the Southern Comfort Lodge for one night on a recent trip to Zimbabwe. It is conveniently located - close to the centre of town, but not too close! The rooms are spotlessly clean, very quiet and comfortable. The little chalets are situated in a lovingly tended garden. We felt very welcome and ate all our meals in the little restaurant - good food, a friendly atmosphere and professional service. I would definitely choose to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
SouthernComfortLodge, Manager at Southern Comfort Lodge, responded to this review, 20 August 2012
Thanks for the wonderful review. It was great to have you both with us Catherine, glad you enjoyed your stay...
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I have had reason to stay in Bulawayo on business on more than one occasion. I would highly recommend Southern Comfort Lodge as a safe, well maintained and extremely comfortable place to base yourself in while on business in Bulawayo.
I found the hosts to be extremely helpful and went out of their way to assist me and my colleagues during our stay. They were also extremely obliging with regard to the food & meal times and I was never disappointed with the quality of the food offered.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Mosiman
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed 19 March 2012

The southern comfort lodge in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe is wonderful. The grounds are kept like a huge English garden. The rooms are very nice. The managing team of Shannon and Kevin Williams go out of their way to assist. The meals are delicious.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends