“Impeccable, worth every penny”

Mpala Boutique Hotel
Ranked #6 of 25 Bulawayo B&B and Inns
Harare
“Impeccable, worth every penny”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We used Mpala whenever we travel to Bulawayo with work. The rooms are always smart, linen always smells fresh and is laid well. Very attractive place, and worth every penny. Staff is friendly and management is always on top of the situation to make your stay enjoyable. It is truly a place to relax after a day of hard work. Loved it and highly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank VongaiVC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Gaborone
Reviewed 12 November 2013

In September 2013, we spent a night at the Mpala Boutique Hotel just after our wedding. I must say that this hotel offers impeccable comfort and service. We got there extremely late and were quickly checked in and escorted to our room which was very spacious and specially decorated for the occasion with scattered rose petals. In the morning, we could not sit in for breakfast as we were limited on time but the staff were so gracious and fast to pack for us a wholesome take away breakfast which we really needed! All in all, Mpala Boutique Hotel is a great place to stay whilst in Bulawayo. Its situated in a serene area but also conveniently not too far from the City Centre. I do not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tawanda M
Harare, Mashonaland East, Zimbabwe
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I stayed at Mpala Boutique Hotel with my mom while visiting Bulawayo for the first time. I must say it was a lovely experience. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are extremely clean. The air conditioning in the rooms works superbly with reliable internet connectivity. This is my definite first choice if ever I’m in Bulawayo again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kitiibwa
zwolle
Reviewed 7 October 2013

In september we used Mpala as our home base for an intensive work program within the City of Bulawayo. Mpala showed to be a perfect place after day of hard work to relax, to enjoy and to take dinner. Staff was eager to provide tailor made services, rooms were clean, and breakfast could be adjusted according to our preferences. Thanks to Mpala we had a very succesful mission.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank siemen v
Uganda
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This was my second visit and stay at MPALA Boutique Hotel. The place is excellent for both accommodation and training. I stayed for a week in August 2013. The neighbourhood is quiet. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean and neat. The wifi was excellent too. I was picked up and dropped off at the airport. I highly recommend this hotel. It was nice to know that this is the fifth year of existence. May God richly bless you.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Kaggwa
Harare, Mashonaland East, Zimbabwe
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Me and my wife were in Bulawayo and needed a place to spend a night. We had heard of a new boutique hotel called Mpala so we decided to check it out. We were pleasantly surprised by what we found.

The lodge is located in a quiet neighbourhood and there is secure parking. The rooms are very modern and clean. We were fortunate enough to get a room with a free standing bath which we thoroughly enjoyed. The bed was quite comfortable and the linen fresh and clean. The air conditioning worke well and kept us warm during our winter night's stay.

The staff was quite friendly and the food was ok. The breakfast service was a bit slow but maybe that was because I arrived a bit late. They have a very nice pool that sadly we did not get to enjoy.

Overall our stay at Mpala Hotel was enjoyable and we would highly recommend it to anyone travelling through Bulawayo.

Room Tip: The rooms on the ground floor in the side buildings are a bit more spacious, exclusive and sunny.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Lloyd M
United States
Reviewed 5 December 2012

I was very impressed with the Mpala. This hotel is not luxurious, but it is very clean, safe, and welcoming. The bed was so comfortable, and the AC worked really well. The room was virtually spotless and the bathroom was very modern and in great shape.

The WiFi signal was a bit weak in the rooms, but still worked. The signal in the lobby is strong.

Breakfast was great, though they only had instant coffee. Dinner service was delicious, but a bit slow.

I would definitely recommend this place to friends, and I'm certain I'll return the next time I'm in Bulawayo.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business