“Big Portions”

North Tonawanda, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Big Portions”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Went to Gin Gin Restaurant for the first time after a friend recommended I go. They had big portions and was priced very reasonable.Took leftovers home and still had some remaining after eating from them later that night. Egg rolls were big and delicious.

• Visited February 2012

Buffalo, New York
“Horrible Service!”
Reviewed 2 June 2011

The waitress will never say hi, lead the seat, or give you a menu as long as you are not white. That is totally unacceptable and discrimination!!! The food is just so so. Will never go back!

• Visited April 2011
Palm Springs, California
“Food is the draw not the atmosphere or service”
Reviewed 18 September 2010

We had lunch here since it was ranked #1 for Amherst on TA. Hmmmm, the food was decent and they had better than average dim sum. The portions are huge but the service is sorely lacking. Half the tables were dirty and customers were asking the server to clean them. She wasn't a very hard worker.....
Next time we would get takeout and enjoy the gorgeous weather. And I would order more from the dim sum menu.

Columbus, Ohio
“Yum Yum”
Reviewed 10 July 2010

I am still full from the wonderful lunch I ate at Gin Gin Restaurant. For $5.99 we had a choice of soups or egg roll, a dish and white or fried rice. Everything was cooked fresh and was so hot that we had to wait before we could eat it. The portions were too much for us, and we have plenty of leftovers. Around us most people were ordering dim sum (and it looked great). Next time we will be more adventurous in ordering. I would highly recommend this place to both people who love authentic chinese food and people who like american-chinese food.
This place is all about eating and take-out, and not at all about atmosphere.

1 Thank Michelle2013
ERIE
“Most food we ordered were overcooked”
Reviewed 26 May 2009

I spoke Cantonese to the lady at the counter who happened to be our waiter and casheir and whom I assumed is the owner. And later when I found out tht we both spoke better Mandarin than Cantonese, we switched to Mandarin Chinese. I am not a red meat eater, so we did not order the famous Dong Bo Rou (东波肉). She suggested Kailan stir fry with garlic (蒜容芥篮菜) The vegetables came out too soggy. She recommended some shredded chicken with onion and it was so dark, one couldn't see or taste what it was. Only thing we can say is "it's too, too salty". She must've added a lot of soy sauce. Must be (老抽) with mushroom flavor. Then there is the steamed Grouper. That was probably the only one worth eating that day. Oh yes, our friend ordered the Lychee smoothies and strawberry smoothies. My daughter took one mouth of the strawberry and refused to eat the rest. Oh, yes, for buying to go (home), I ordered shrimp fried with broad rice noodles (干炒虾河),That was worse than what I could cook at home. And some baby bok choy with garlic, that was so overcooked, it has zero nutritional value when we ate it. And the chilli pepper shrimp (椒盐虾), it's the worst I've ever tasted. I would drive to Cleveland to have all these instead. We were wondering why our friend recommended this "infamous" restaurant. Cost? It cost us almost a hundred dollars for three dishes at the restaurant and three dishes to go. And the drinks.