“FILTHY DIRTY DISGUSTING GROSS!”
Review of Gin Gin Restaurant

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Gin Gin Restaurant
Ranked #112 of 145 Restaurants in Amherst
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Average (nothing special) food, with useless BAD service. Most important is that this place isn't clean. It's a health hazard! Everything's sticky and dirty! Door to the kitchen opened, and I couldn't believe that I actually saw fresh chicken in a sink with dirty dishes!!! YECCHHH! Check out this restaurant's Erie County Health inspection report and you'll see for yourself! ABSOLUTELY FILTHY DIRTY DISGUSTING and GROSS!

2  Thank Steven F
There are newer reviews for Gin Gin Restaurant

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I have been eating here for many years because they have an extremely large menu. The Food is Good and it is at a very reasonable price with large portions.The owner is always there and is very friendly and helpful. If I have a complaint it is that it can be kind of slow at times. Still the food is better than most of the Chinese Restaurants in town.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

Not sure what folks find appealing about this place. Went there on a Friday night, there was one person taking all the orders, both for take-out and for those eating in the restaurant. She also was taking care of the cash register. Apparently a hostess or a second waitress would be out of the question.

Now for the food. We had moo shoo pork and sesame chicken. Standard fare, I know. But I have to say that I've had better at the Wegman's buffet bar. The pork was particularly poor. The chicken was also sub-par. Won't be back...

1  Thank G_mat964
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We came after friend's recommendation to have some dim sum. But the dishes there suck. First of all, their service took forever。 Secondly, two of the dishes were so salty we couldn't take at all! We asked the server to tell the chef but I guess he never did 'cause nothing happened...Thirdly, the rice noodle roll, was fried!!! I've been in Guangdong for 4 years but never seen it in this form! And it tasted terrible. No taste at all. Can't accept the rice noodle roll I love would end up like that..Last but not least, it took us $18 per person, same amount as dinner we had the same day at Eastern Pearl, a way better Chinese restaurant.
Apart from all above, the dishes you could buy at Asian market were okay, like shrimp dumplings, egg tart, Steamed Creamy Custard Bun, etc. The bubble tea was good though. But that place is PRICEY and TERRIBLE. I super like dim sum but only take ones with quality. Will never go there again.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

It's not fancy, but Gin Gin consistently serves great food, from perfect won ton and hot and sour soup to delicious pan-fried dumplings, all the way up to sophisticated healthy - the steamed shrimp, scallops and vegetables was a mainstay of my 70 pound weight loss program. But the menu is enormously sophisticated, the weekend dim sum is delightful, and the owners are friendly and generous. We love this place.