“Yum Yum”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Columbus, Ohio
“Yum Yum”
Reviewed 10 July 2010

I am still full from the wonderful lunch I ate at Gin Gin Restaurant. For $5.99 we had a choice of soups or egg roll, a dish and white or fried rice. Everything was cooked fresh and was so hot that we had to wait before we could eat it. The portions were too much for us, and we have plenty of leftovers. Around us most people were ordering dim sum (and it looked great). Next time we will be more adventurous in ordering. I would highly recommend this place to both people who love authentic chinese food and people who like american-chinese food.
This place is all about eating and take-out, and not at all about atmosphere.

1 Thank Michelle2013

ERIE
“Most food we ordered were overcooked”
Reviewed 26 May 2009

I spoke Cantonese to the lady at the counter who happened to be our waiter and casheir and whom I assumed is the owner. And later when I found out tht we both spoke better Mandarin than Cantonese, we switched to Mandarin Chinese. I am not a red meat eater, so we did not order the famous Dong Bo Rou (东波肉). She suggested Kailan stir fry with garlic (蒜容芥篮菜) The vegetables came out too soggy. She recommended some shredded chicken with onion and it was so dark, one couldn't see or taste what it was. Only thing we can say is "it's too, too salty". She must've added a lot of soy sauce. Must be (老抽) with mushroom flavor. Then there is the steamed Grouper. That was probably the only one worth eating that day. Oh yes, our friend ordered the Lychee smoothies and strawberry smoothies. My daughter took one mouth of the strawberry and refused to eat the rest. Oh, yes, for buying to go (home), I ordered shrimp fried with broad rice noodles (干炒虾河),That was worse than what I could cook at home. And some baby bok choy with garlic, that was so overcooked, it has zero nutritional value when we ate it. And the chilli pepper shrimp (椒盐虾), it's the worst I've ever tasted. I would drive to Cleveland to have all these instead. We were wondering why our friend recommended this "infamous" restaurant. Cost? It cost us almost a hundred dollars for three dishes at the restaurant and three dishes to go. And the drinks.

New York City, New York, USA
“Best Bubble Tea in Buffalo Area”
Reviewed 1 April 2009

Many of the reviews mentioned about the food in GinGin Restaurant, and I agreed with most what were in the reviews. But all the reviews forgot to mention about the Bubble Tea. GinGin definitely has the best Bubble Tea in Buffalo City. What they are selling in Oh-Bento is really overpriced and taste pretty nasty. Next time, when you visit GinGin, don't forget to try their Bubble Tea.

1 Thank Liangjian C
Amherst NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It used to be hidden pretty good, Now Sweethome & Sheridan”
Reviewed 28 September 2008

This should be everyone's JOINT, you know that place that you take friends to or frequent often. Put your name to this one before one of your friends discovers it and claims it as there own. Look, here's the scoop, the owners took over an old coffee and donut shop and gutted the place. They brought one of the best kept secrets out in the open. They did a super job on the redecoration of the place and moved from the old Ames/Gold Circle Plaza that is buried behind the Cole Muffler Building. The place where the new WALMART is supposed to go. I never ate the food before about two months ago and I only live about a quarter mile away. Now I go all the time and meet friends there for lunch. My Table is number 11 so lay off. If you go tell them Paul sent you. Best Chinese since Changs Garden and that is a true compliment.

1 Thank pacbrkr
Buffalo, NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best Chinese I've had in awhile”
Reviewed 20 September 2008

As a tight-wadded college student, I'm frequently on the hunt for cheap yet delicious food options. Gin Gin satisfies both of those requisites in spades. The portions are grandiose for the price, and I never walk away hungry. The outside of the restaurant may look just like any other Chinese food vendor, but don't let that fool you; the dining area is very nice and well maintained. So although the option for delivery might be nice, the short drive to the restaurant is an easy sacrifice to make. Also, the selection of bubble tea varieties is fantastic, and they're the cheapest I've found in the area. Highly recommended!

1 Thank 032711z

Been to Gin Gin Restaurant? Share your experiences!