“Way Better Than Expected” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Amherst

Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Amherst
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Amherst
“Way Better Than Expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed here for one night as we were flying out of Niagara Falls for vacation. I stayed on a chain employee discount but I would gladly pay full price. As soon as you walk in, the lobby is well-appointed, clean and inviting. Whoever built/designed/decorated should be commended. The room was gorgeous and way more than we expected- all very modern and in great condition. We felt spoiled! The pool and hot tub were great as well and the business centre and wifi were fast (uncommon in most hotels). The breakfast was amazing as well, unlike most hotel breakfasts! I would probably pin my favourite piece as the comfort of the beds. It was a huge bed and smelled and looked very clean and new. As a plus, it felt like sleeping on clouds- it was so soft and inviting. We have already decided to stay again if we fly out of Niagara Falls.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sheiladoreen
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for staying at the Staybridge Suites Buffalo/Amherst and sharing your kind words on TripAdvisor.

Our newly constructed extended stay Staybridge Suites Buffalo Amherst offers 102 suites with full kitchens to accommodate business or leisure travelers. Our location across the street from State University of New York Buffalo is ideal for travelers visiting Amherst, Clarence, Tonawanda, Buffalo, Williamsville, Lockport, North Tonawanda, Cheektowaga or Getzville.

Our indoor pool, spa, free breakfast, free wi-fi, business center, fitness center and complimentary meal with beer, wine and soft drinks Tues. Wed. and Thursday make us the ideal home away from home. Our Studio suites offer King Size beds (360 sq. ft.) and we also have One Bedroom Suites (477 sq.ft) and Two Bedroom/Two Bathroom Suites (765 sq.ft). Our value is second to none regardless if you are staying one night or one year or more.

Again, Thank You.

Vice President & General Manager-Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Let me say that this hotel is well kept, the suites and beds are comfortable and the meals are fine! The one glaring problem is that the bathroom lights pop on when any one walks past them, no way to stop this. Now the last time I had someone flash the lights on in the middle of the night was my boot camp drill instructor not my wife making a visit to the loo! For this reason I have down graded the hotel here and I am not likely to stay in another stagebridge, until thy get rid of this not so bright idea

Room Tip: Bring eye shades!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your business and your feedback. I sincerely apologize for the experience that you had while staying with us regarding the eco-friendly lighting we have in our bathrooms.

I assure you that with a minor sensor adjustment that we cam alleviate any inconvenience and we will take immediate correction on the light you noted.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Kenmore, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Each year, I reunite with my 3 college girlfriends, who, since college, have disbursed from the Buffalo area, into Rochester, Hartford, and Philadelphia. Although I remain in the Buffalo area, I too, wanted the weekend to feel like a vacation. And so instead of inviting them into my home, I set out to find a hotel that could accommodate our need to relax, reminisce, and, of course, have fun! Anyone who knows me, knows that I am Type A, in every sense of the phrase. So finding the perfect hotel, involved gathering a list of requirements and a physical tour of various hotels in the local area. I thought my list was pretty simple: hotel suite in Buffalo, 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms, full kitchen, indoor pool, complimentary breakfast. But after countless phone calls and visits to at least 5 hotels, I felt I was getting nowhere. By the end, I had reserved 3 different suites at 3 different hotels and felt very unsatisfied. About a week before my friends arrived, a friend suggested the Staybridge Suites, a brand new hotel, tucked neatly behind a delightful little plaza, across from UB's North Campus. Though the suite was a little on the pricier side, it was exactly what I was looking for. The room was spotless. The beds were extremely comfortable. The kitchen was fully stocked with silverware and dishes, a dishwasher and microwave, and a full size fridge, all of which were put to good use. And the two bathrooms were huge time savors for showering and getting ready to go out. In addition, we made use of the pool and hot tub, as well as the complimentary breakfast, which was pretty versatile. Although we didn't take advantage of the plaza surrounding the hotel, the convenience of Dunkin Donuts, Might Taco, and a bar/restaurant, were also very enticing.

Apart from pricing, my only critique was that we could not adjust the temperature below 68 degrees. But that being said, the hotel was, otherwise, perfect.

Room Tip: If reserving the suite, as we did, you will enjoy (and not have to bring) the following amenities: s...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank nmw5
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Staybridge Suites Buffalo Amherst and sharing your Five (5) Star Experience on TripAdvisor.

We are thankful that you chose our hotel for such an important getaway. Your review outlines the service and quality that we strive for every day. I do need to take the liberty to tell you that we must have missed something on our thermostat in your room as our climate control will allow every room to be chilled to as low as 60 degrees. I apologize for this inconvenience.

Again, thank you for your business and your review.

Hamilton, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

My family and I were fortunate enough to have chosen this excellent property for a recent stay in the Buffalo area. We were delighted with this modern hotel with all of it's amenities. The rooms are furnished with everything you need for a comfortable stay. There is an excellent variety of HD television stations available. The kitchen is very well equipped and the room well laid out. The automatic lights (on sensors) for the washroom take a bit of getting used to and the ice maker on our fridge was not working. However the from desk staff offered to get us some ice.
The staff are friendly and polite. The breakfast is quite tasty with a nice variety for all; even the coffee is good. I have stayed with Staybridge Suites in the past and this property ranks right up there with the best of them! Try this property if you are looking for a quality hotel in Amherst!

Room Tip: All rooms are suites. Verify that your ice maker is working.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank NorthernGuy13
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for staying at the brand new Staybridge Suites Buffalo Amherst and sharing your Five (5) Star experience on the world's largest travel review site, TripAdvisor.

Our brand new all suite extended stay hotel with 102 suites offers easy access to the State University of New York at Buffalo, indoor pool, hot tub, fitness center, free breakfast, outdoor grills, barbecue pit, managers reception (Tues, Wed and Thurs) featuring a complimentary light dinner, beer, wine, soft drinks and free to guest laundry facilities. In addition our suites are ideal for extended stay and Studio Suites feature King Size Beds, One bedroom suites include either two double beds or one King Bed, we also have 17 Two Bedroom/Two Full bathroom Suites which feature One King Bed and Two Double Beds. All suites also have a pull-out sleeper sofa. Our suites come with fully stocked kitchen, stainless steel appliances and dishwashers. Just bring your clothes and your toothbrush as we have everything else covered.

We are convenient to Geico Insurance, General Motors, Dupont, Dunlop, First Niagara Bank Training Center, The Chapel at Crosspoint Getzville, Walden Galleria Mall, Boulevard Mall, Kistler Instruments, Praxair, Citigroup, Johnson Controls, Ingram micro, Bank of America, Tops, Rich Products, Ralph Wilson Stadium, First Niagara Center, Coca-Cola Field, Daemen College and Medaille College.

Again, Thank You for your kind words and we hope to see you again soon.

Utica, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Very clean and modern hotel right across the street from UB. A bit expensive but will certainly stay again. Nice room with a fully equipped kitchen. A good breakfast in a nicer setting than most. I thought it odd that there were no eggs other than hardboiled and no cold cereal. But lots of interesting choices - mostly carbs. Nice pool and spa. Small gym. Free laundry. Good staff. Easy to get back on main highways. It sits in a little mini mall with a new taco place, a pasta place, and a yogurt place as well as a classy looking bar. Something for everyone. Very comfortable king size bed. Free supper many nights. We missed that but sounds good. Oh, and brownies and cookies at the front desk and DVD's available. All around good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your Five (5) Star TripAdvisor review which has helped our Staybridge Suites Buffalo Amherst vault to the NUMBER 1 rated hotel out of 17 hotels in the Amherst/UB area.

Our new all suite hotel is honored to be the choice of guests staying one year or one night. Our team is ready to serve the needs of the traveler staying for business, visiting the university, vacation or relocating.

Again, thank you for your business and your Five (5) Star review.

Yours In Hospitality,

Medina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Completely exceeded my expectations across the board! My husband and I stayed here with our three children and cannot say enough good about this place. Great family atmosphere, amazing breakfast and dinners, very clean, and an amazing staff!! My family and I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Leahdhall
Thank you for staying at the Staybridge Suites Buffalo Amherst and sharing your Five (5) Star experience on TripAdvisor.

We sincerely love when our guests describe their stay experience as "Amazing". I will be sure to share your review with our entire team.

Thanks again and we hope sto see you again soon.

Regards,

Easthampton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed there while on trip to Niagara Falls. Rooms are comfortable and very well equipped. They all have small kitchens with all appliances and utensils. Breakfast was good and all staff we have met were polite and helpful. There is a well equipped small gym and pool with Jacuzzi. Hotel is located near main roads, a mall and many restaurants. We will stay there again and recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Wojtunio
Thank you for staying at the Staybridge Suites Buffalo Amherst and sharing your Five (5) Star experience on the world's largest travel review site TripAdvisor.

We value your business and your comments. The best compliment that we can receive is the endorsement of our guests.

Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.