“Wedding Block” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Amherst
new jersey
“Wedding Block”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

We reserved 18 rooms for our son's wedding this fall. The hotel was fantastic with making reservations, adding more rooms, helping us with a banquet room and letting us use the lobby in the morning and at night. The complimentary breakfast meals were wonderful. The Thursday complimentary dinner was a pleasant surprise. Our rooms were spacious and worked well with the kitchens and living room area. The staff knew me by name and also knew the room numbers of all our guests when I requested help with little details. All our wedding guests could not believe the facilities and the beautiful rooms. We would highly recommend the hotel. The wedding block price was incredible.

Room Tip: all the rooms were great
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank NewJerseySusan_11
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this review, 28 November 2011
Thank You for taking the time to write a glowing review on the Homewood Suites Amherst! We understand how important weddings are and strive to make these events as special as possible. I am glad to hear we exceeded your expectations! Thank You again for the nice review. We hope to see you here on future visits to Buffalo.

Melisa Syro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2011

I've stayed here before and like it, but the mattress during this stay sunk too much in the middle. And, since the bed is one of the most important aspects of a hotel, i felt like I paid way too much.

• Stayed October 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Buffman68
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this review, 4 November 2011
Dear Buffman68,
I am sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your bed on your last visit. I do hope you enjoyed everything else the hotel has to offer such as, the breakfast, pool and fitness center. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know where we did not meet your expectations. I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Buffalo.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

I used to always stay here when I traveled to Amherst, and if my company reassigns me to Amherst I will continue to choose this hotel. The rooms are great - clean, comfortable, spacious. The breakfast is good - nothing too fancy but hit the spot. But the real winner here is the staff - always so friendly and helpful, and very good at recognizing repeat guests. Great job - I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Kevin C
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this review, 19 October 2011
Dear Kevin C,
I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent review of the Homewood Suites Amherst. We appreciate all the feedback we get from our guests. It keeps us always striving to provide the best product and the best service! I have shared your comments with the staff and it meant a lot to them that you took the time to acknowledge their hard work!
If your job does reassign you to Amherst, we look forward to seeing you on future trips!
Thank You for your business!
Melisa Syro, General Manager
Ortona, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2011

I have been in this hotel more than 14 months! I am from Italy and I went to Buffalo for medical treatments.My health condition was very serious! I have been at Homewood Suites and my room (113) will always be my home in my heart! I found very nice people there and everyone helped me a lot,many ways!! Everyone is kind and helpful,every employee!! I like to tell you just one of many things they did for me,especially Rae at front desk!! She is so nice and good person,she has a very good heart! : one time she was not working,it was her day off ; I needed water in glass bottle,but they told me they could have delivered two days after. I was very sick and I could not go outside to buy it. Rae knew that and went to the place to buy water and brought me it at the hotel!! They seem small things,but especially when you are sick they mean a lot!! I left Buffalo to come back to Italy,but this hotel,"my home",came with me. Thanks a lot to everyone!! Virna.

Room Tip: they do the best for every guest,so...you don't need my tip.
  • Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Virna L
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this review, 5 October 2011
Dear Virna,

Thank You for taking the time to write this nice review about Rae! It means a lot to her to be recognized. We think about you often and we hope you are feeling well! Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. If you ever visit the USA again, we will have your room ready for you!

Take Care,

General Manger
new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

This is a really nice, clean hotel. The rooms look great, with granite counters and nice colors, a large flat screen tv and pull out couch. Service is great.The bed was comfy. The pool is great. The fitness room is decent and the lobby is beautiful. Drawbacks; the free breakfast is just okay and the heater/AC unit is noisy and kept cycling off and on all night.Still - its better than other hotels in the area. Super close to UB , we could look out and see the campus.

Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank hudsonvalleyboy
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this review, 28 September 2011
Dear Sal37,

Thank You for the nice review! I am glad you enjoyed the room, pool and fitness center! I am sorry you were not overly impressed with the breakfast. But our menu selection does change daily! Hopefully, on your next visit to Buffalo we will change your mind on the breakfast! Thanks Again for the review and hope to see you in the future!

Denver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

We stayed at this hotel for my high school reunion in July of this year. My family and I arrived at around 7:30 pm and checked in. While we were checking in, a manager stopped at the front desk and asked us if we would like to have some tacos for dinner (the dinner reception offered that night was already over with). We said we would love to, and she brought out a complete spread!!! We had a ton of tacos for dinner, which saved us from having to drive around to find somewhere to eat after being on a plane for most of the day. Really lovely gesture, and we totally appreciated it. Our room was clean and laid out as we expected, and the pool was fabulous. Overall, we will ALWAYS try to stay at this hotel while visiting the Buffalo area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side of the hotel are quieter
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mermad
Dear Mermad,

Thank You for taking the time to write about your experience at the Homewood Suites. The staff was very excited to read your glowing review! I am glad to hear you received excellent service during your stay. We look forward to seeing on your next trip to Buffalo.

Happy Travels!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed here for 2 days while visiting the Niagara/Buffalo area. We had a studio room that was VERY comfortable, clean and beautiful. The furnishing were modern and up to date. The hotel offered a dinner from Mon-Thurs which we participated in on Thurs evening, we had meatball subs with broccoli and potatoes with free wine and beer - that dinner meal saved us quite a bit and it was delicious. The next evening we wanted some "local flavor" and the hotel staff was very very helpful with our request. I would stay here over and over again!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this review, 20 September 2011
Dear RBrown530,

Thank You for the wonderful review! I am glad to hear you enjoyed our Welcome Home Reception and that the staff offered you some great suggestions. Thank You for taking the time to write a nice review. We hope to see you on future trips to Buffalo!

Melisa Syro
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amherst
Hyatt Place Buffalo / Amherst
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst
Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Amherst
Buffalo Marriott Niagara
Wyndham Garden Buffalo Williamsville
Candlewood Suites Hotel Buffalo / Amherst

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst? Share your experiences!