“Excellent stay”

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Amherst
Saint Marys, Georgia
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

I was in town for business and the property was wonderful. The staff were so welcoming and made me feel at home. The managers recption was just starting and it was gto great to have dinner there and I didn't need to go back out after a long drive. The property was beautiful and the fireplace was welcome on a very cold day. Hot tub and pool were well maintained and a pleasure to spend time there. The suite it's self was very nice and the shower pressure was fantastic.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Dear Laura C,

Thank You for the great review. We do strive to be your "home away from home" so I am glad that is how you felt during your stay. I hope you will visit us again the next time you are in the area. Thanks again for th kind words.

Melisa Syro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

I really dug this spot.

Millersport is a major road in Amherst a suburb of Buffalo. It's close to UB but a bit of distance from the Airport.

The hotel is newer, and it shows. It has what I would call 2nd Bush Term Hilton Decor. The selection of bedding and finishes popular during the hotel building boom from 2004-2008. I'm a fan of the look. The room is comfortable the bed big and it has that delightful 2nd Bush Term Hilton Decor comforter which I like.

Normally if I'm at a HWS it's for weeks at time, Amherst I've stayed in twice, each time for one night. I didn't try their dinner, but the breakfast was fine. I wouldn't call it (or any HWS) romantic, but 2ndBTHD has that right amount of, how to say..., "nicer bedding then the typical young adult owns" to make it just fine as a fun get away if you're part of that demographic.

It's convinent to the 290 and hence the 90, Sheridan and millersport have their own share of good places to eat/drink. Go to Duff's if you haven't before, Redpepper on Maple for chinese, and local gin mill Elmo's are all solid bets.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Thank You taking the time to share your experience with future travelers. We appreciate the kind words and are glad we exceeded your expecations. Please come back and visit us again in the future!

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

We stayed at this hotel on Christmas week and we had a king suite on 4th floor
God I loved this hotel it's not a fancy hotel but you fill comfortable
The only thing I did not like was the breakfast ,and that's because they have different type of food but not any of them is good too eat
But the room was very good ,location was great,staff very helpful,good pool,clean
I sure stay at this hotel averytime I go to Buffalo

1 Thank Fs1357
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Dear Fs1357,

Thank You for sharing your experience at the Homewood Suites Amherst. My breakfast team does try very hard to please everyone at breakfast. Please feel free to contact me directly with any suggestions you have. I appreciate all feedback. Thanks again for staying with us and I hope to see on a return visit.

Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

We stopped here out of the blue during a long drive. It was among the nicest of this type of hotel that I have been in. Friendly staff, great room, very good breakfast. My kids just wished the pool was open later at night and earlier in the morning.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this review, 8 February 2013
Thank you for 5 star rating! We appreciate the glowing review. Please stop by and see us again on your next trip through Buffalo. Thanks again for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2013

We booked a suite at the Homewood on Millersport as a layover on a long trip to the midwest. We chose the hotel mainly for its proximity to Duff's Famous Wings, which is a treat that I can only partake of on the rare occasions that I find myself in Buffalo. After an outstanding plate of wings, we retired to our room.

Kids and adults alike enjoyed the space. The room was clean and had plenty of space (though not an overabundance) for everyone to stretch out a bit. We didn't really make use of the kitchen area, though it looked like it was in good order. Breakfast in the morning featured a wide variety of hot and cold foods and was just the fuel we needed to start another long day of driving. In fact, we enjoyed the hotel so much we booked it again on the return trip a week later and had the same great experience. The room was a bit on the pricey side, but hats off to management and staff, who delivered a quality experience.

Room Tip: May want to ask for a room away from Millersport Highway, though I have no evidence that road noise...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Thank You for taking the time to share your experience at the Homewood Suites Amherst. We appreciate the kind words! We are glad you enjoyed the breakfast and will be sure to share those comments with the breakfas staff. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!

Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

Had our annual trip to Buffalo for shopping. The location is right off the highway and although it's not exactly next door to typical cross border shops it is within close proximity to great stores. The hotel itself was typical Homewood Suites and did not disappoint. Friendly staff from check-in, breakfast staff to check-out I would opt to stay at this Buffalo hotel in the future once again. Do note that I did stay at the Homewood closer to the airport and they were both equal in quality but would opt for Amherst.

Rooms were clean as expected. I did use the echeck-in and once again worked to a tee. Did use their business center and was adequate for a quick print. We did not use the fitness or pool facilities but they looked fine; which is confirmed from the families enjoying them. I did choose a first floor room (for the first time in a long time) since I was travelling with our 4 kids (under the age of 9) and was glad I did.

We'll see them next year again!

Room Tip: Families with young kids should take a 1st floor. Easy walk to the pool could be a clincher without...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this review, 23 January 2013
Thank You for the kind review! I am glad to hear the staff took good care of you during your stay. Hopefully you will be able to find time to enjoy the pool and hot tub on your next visit. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013

We will no longer stay anywhere else but at this hotel when we travel to Buffalo! First, Joelle at the front desk is amazing! So personable and kind and got us a great rate--really goes the extra mile for people. When she saw we were staying for over a week, she asked us if we had a preference for where the room was located. We ended up on the first floor down the hall from the front (where there was free excellent breakfast each morning), and also down the hall from the pool/hot tub/fitness center/computer room. Could not have been more convenient for us. The entire facility was VERY clean and newer than a lot of hotels in this area. The pool was a bit cool for me but the hot tub was fantastic and both were spotless and smelled fresh. They both had a lot of use, but there were clean towels and never any mess around the pool, which I hate. We used the fitness center several times and all machines worked well, there were clean towels there as well and tv's and magazines and fresh water. The hotel was busy as this was the holiday weeks, but the staff kept up with the demands. Breakfast varied each morning as far as pastries and egg dishes were concerned. It got pretty busy right before it ended each day, so don't wait until the last minute to come. (open until 9:30 M-F, 10AM on weekends). Fresh fruit, yogurt, pastries, waffle maker, cereals and hot entrees. Very nice. Fresh coffee all day in the lounge or hot chocolate for the kids. Rooms were very modern with full kitchen and 2 TVs in our room and the bed was quite solid (no rocking or squeeking!) and the water pressure in the tub was truly amazing. Got the soap out of my hair very quickly. Very clean and could not hear noise from any other rooms. Again, the staff is truly excellent and friendly and will help you with anything.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Thank You for the great review! Joelle and the entire team were very excited about the great comments. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Buffalo/Amherst.