“One of the Cleanest Hotels in the Buffalo Area”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This hotel allows pets, and you would never know. For a suite style hotel, the staff was present and very attentive. The ladies that served breakfast were wonderful. The hotel was very accessible from the 290, right off the ramp.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Melissa,

Thank You for sharing your experience! We appreciate the great rating and my breakfast attendants will be thrilled to hear you mentioned them. Thanks again for the kind words and we hope to you again in the near future!

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Very friendly staff in the eating areas and front desk, for that matter the entire hotel. Clean rooms sure there are cheaper hotels but I felt I had great value for the money. The location was convenient to get to the malls by car. Ice and snow was cleared promptly from the parking lot and the walkways. Would definitely stay there again!

Dear Domenic C,

Thank You for the great review! I am glad to hear you enjoyed the brekfast and found the hotel very clean! My housekeeping staff will appreciate the comments! Thanks again and have a great hoilday season. We hope to see you in the New Year.

General Manage

Reviewed 28 November 2013

excellent hotel, fresh, clean, all amenities available...free breakfast was great, could use more space though for the serving of food. Beds were so so comfortable, and the thing that amazed me most....was the how clean the hotel was. Linens smelled fresh like home. Just wish it wasn't so pricy...but with that being said, if you are looking for a comfortable stay without worry...STAY HERE

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Thank You for the wonderful review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Please come back and see us the next time your travels bring you to the Buffalo area.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I've just completed my 3rd monthly trip to Buffalo, staying each time at Homewood Suites, Amherst. I will be spending one week each month at this hotel until June this year because the hotel offers me everything I look for when on business.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank You for the 5 star review! We appreciate the high rating. We look forward to seeing you on many trips in the future!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

The hotel is very accessible from the highway and there is a lot of stuff to do in the area. I chose the hotel based on the availability of 2 queen size bed suites as opposed to the other Homewood suites hotel in the area that only had 2 double size bed suites.
The front desk clerk was actually happy to see us which is more of a rarity now a days. Our room was clean and tidy.
Relaxing music throughout the hotel was nice. The breakfast buffet was good and well stocked. Even the buffet staff were very pleasant as well as knowledgable. Coffee was very good.
The gym room and the pool area were very clean and everything worked.
The only downside I can say is that the pool was quite cool. Only one lap and may wife and I were out. Luckily the hot tub was very nice and warm and everything worked.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the great comments. I am sorry to hear that you could not enjoy the pool because it felt too cool. Our maintenance engineer did check everything and the pool is at an 82 degree temperature. But Thank You for letting us know.
Thanks again for the review and we hope to see you again on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I rarely, almost never, give a 5 out of 5 rating as I like to give the business something to work for. So a 4 out of 5 is pretty good in my books.

I travel to Buffalo with family at least twice a year and sometimes more. We typically go to shop, eat and go to the casino. I have stayed at quite a few hotels in Buffalo, some near the Casino, and some near Walden Galleria. Usually I book hotels using groupon or travel zoo but this time there were no deals for the weekend I was going and did some research on trip advisor. This time I decided to pick a hotel which was between the shopping malls and the casinos.

Homewoods Suites is right off the highway and is about 10-15 mins from most attractions. This is our first time staying at a suite style hotel in Buffalo and I am definitely convinced that we will only book suites in the future. The main reason for this is the full kitchen. Every time we eat in Buffalo we have tones of leftovers and since our previous hotels didn’t have kitchens we would not take it to-go from the restaurant. This time we were able to take home our leftovers and eat it the following evening ultimately saving us some money.

The place was clean, the free breakfast was good and the hotel staff were very helpful. I really liked this location and will most likely continue to book here in the future if staying overnight in Buffalo.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank You for the great review. We appreciate the great comments and we hope to earn the 5 star rating on your next stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next mall/casino trip in the area! Thanks agin for the kind words.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Had a very pleasant overnight stay here. Staff is very friendly, greeted by everyone I ran into. Clean, very comfortable suite. Well located just off highway, nearby shops, Buffalo, and Niagara Falls. When I asked about the nearest drugstore, the desk clerk produced a sheet with the nearest everything on it, as well as a coupon book for the nearby mall. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo