“great hotel”

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Amherst
Elwood, Illinois
“great hotel”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed at the hotel July 16-July 20. My daughter will be attending the university in Buffalo and we will be back. The suite we had was great. The staff was wonderful. Rae was very helpful. The hotel was very clean and the food was good. Pat on the back to everyone that works there

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Donna W,

Thank You for the great review! It means a lot to Rae to be singled out! Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Buffalo.

Melisa Syro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Everything is really great with this hotel. I have only stayed a couple of times as it always seems out of my price range. But if you can afford it, you will not be disappointed.

The lobby area is really comfortable, makes you just want to sit and chill out for a while. The service is friendly and helpful. The swimming pool is really nice (could have been a little warmer) and the excercise room was good. I loved the breakfast, made a really good excuse to hang out in the lobby area, and the coffee didn't suck.

I loved the room, clean, spacious, well appointed.... didn't want to leave. All in all a fantastic place to stay.... again, if you can afford it.

Room Tip: Come early so you can spend more time here
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Paul C
Dear Paul C,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank You for taking the time to share your opinion with other travelers. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Have a wondeful summer!

Akron, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I'm glad my family was able to save time and money by staying in the same suite. We looked at other hotels and would've gotten two rooms. The bathroom area was nice one person could brush their teeth while the other showered. I also liked that the hotel tries to save resources.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 July 2014

In all, a nice hotel with amazing breakfast (I was very pleased with the choices) and big rooms. The staff is nice and hotel looks nice and is well kept. The only drawback? I wish the pull out bed was a bit more comfortable. It was really flimsy and could not even accommodate 2 adults comfortable. In all, a nice hotel to stay.

Do go for this hotel if you have a knack for breakfast. They have a good selection than other similar hotel chains.

Room Tip: Get a corner room incase available, they are bigger.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear AnujaK,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Great location to all shopping and Duff's wings. Pool is very good, clean. Towels at pool small so bring from room. Breakfast in am is good. Staff very friendly. Great to have efficiency in room. Wifi very strong

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Michael G,

Thank You for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We appriciate the nice review and we hope you will choose us again the next time you come to Buffalo!

Westminster, Maryland
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My wife, infant son and I stayed here in February during a trip to see family and friends in the Buffalo area. We stayed here for 2 nights and the stay was flawless. Fast and convenient check in, plenty of parking, and the parking lot had been completely cleared of all snow and ice. We did not partake in the free breakfast but there were plenty of people that did, and from the sounds of it, they were all enjoying it. The room was quite large, as it was a suite and had a full kitchen, pots, pans, the whole 9 yards. This was my first stay at a Homewood but I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jrdavis05
HomewoodAmherst, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank You for staying with us and saying such nice things ! I am glad to her we made an impression since you stayed with us 6 months ago!!! We appreciate the great rating and mentioning that the staff! We look forward to seeing you when you again when your travels bring you back to Buffalo.

Dallas, United States
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Very good facility. I always try to stay at Homewood Suites when I travel. I used to be a customer of Marriott Residence Inn but Homewood Suites has surpassed Marriott in every way. Excellent dinner and breakfast service and food quality as well as very good fitness center. I have not had any issues with any of my stays at Homewood Suites in the past 18 months. Would recommend to all my friends and business associates.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business