“Great for shopping”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Amherst
London, United Kingdom
“Great for shopping”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed here on a shopping weekend - there were 3 of us and I ended up with the sofa bed which wasn't the most luxurious bed I've ever slept in and I was worried the sheets hadn't been changed as it folded out fully made and there were little bits on them.

The room was quite cold but other than that fine, the bathroom was perfectly serviceable and clean and I liked the free toiletries. I also liked the free 350 calorie cookie you get at check-in but that's standard at all Doubletrees.

Great location for both the fashion outlets and the Walden Galleria, would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
TMolendaInnKeeper, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Hello HelenFromUK T,

Thank you for writing and submitting your review. I can assure you that the sofa sleeper sheets are changed after every stay. We make the sleeper sofa's up in advance so it is less of a hassle for our guests. We have found most guests prefer to have it made up in advance, and when we inspect our rooms the Inspector folds the sleeper sofa into place so we know that is is completed correctly.

Yes, those cookies are good, but can be addictive!

Thanks again and Travel Safe.

Tom Molenda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Buffalo, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

Place is OK, near University. But no free coffee and no free breakfast? Not worth it. Place was clean, unlike previous reviews and front desk staff very nice. But no breakfast? Get real. The restaurant does have breakfast, but looked very small and expensive. Better to go to Denny's.

Hello John G P,

Thanks for taking the time to write and submit your review. We appreciate the feedback.I was pleased to read that you found our facilty clean and friendly, that is how we like to conduct our business.

While there is no complimentary coffee in the Starbucks Cafe or Lobby area, we do offer the complimentary In Room coffee for all of our guests. As a standard we do not offer complimentary breakfast, however there are certain packages, or Hilton Honor Members which do in fact include breakfast. We do offer a full breakfast menu served daily and all of our items are made to order and fresh, including our signature DoubleTree Muffins.

Next time your in, give us a try, our full Country Breakfast is sure to please.

Safe Travels,

Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Extremely comfortable rooms with king-size bed. Stayed there on business and was provided custom breakfast buffet for our group.....possibly the very best buffet style I've ever enjoyed. Fantastic staff and great location only blocks from U of Buffalo. Would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
TMolendaInnKeeper, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Hello LoveBreakfast666,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We appreciate all of your positive feedback. It sounds like you were here attending a meeting in one of our function rooms and am glad you pointed out our breakfast service and options. I know the food and beverage team takes great pride in ensuring every detail is addressed.

Thank you for sharing and we hope to have you return soon.

Largo, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The hardwood floors added a special touch, not only for looks, but for cleanliness. The staff were very friendly and accomodating. Pat, the maintenance person, was especially helpful and pleasant. We were sitting in the lobby waiting to leave for the airport and the manager, the maintenance supervisor and the personnel at the front desk all stopped to say hello and see if we needed anything. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to this area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Hello Janet P,

Thank you for submitting your review. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed our hard wood floors and yes I agree with the cleanliness component associated with them. I was also pleased that you were extremely happy with our friendliness and service, I will share this with Pat as you mentioned him by name. I will let you know that our hotel has an award policy for any person being mentioned by name in a Trip Advisor Review, I am certain he will be excited about the mention.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Northfield, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

I found the hotel to be very clean; the staff was friendly and helpful. Always a pleasant experience when I stay here. I find that it is close in relation to places to eat and the different sites that I have to visit in troubleshooting and repair.

Hello Charles R.

Thank you for sharing your opinion on your hotel stay. We are always pleased to read about repeat pleasant experiences. Kindly remember on your next trip that we offer a 24 hour shuttle service within a 5 mile radius of the hotel for dining, entertainment or even trips to a local office.

Thanks for staying with us.

Richmond, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

The room was very modern, clean and comfy. I really liked the hardwood floors instead of the typical carpet found in hotels. We dined in the lounge prior to heading out on the town. The dining are was small and typically overpriced as most hotels are. The food wasn't very good though. The upside is the (very) happy hour where domestic brews and wine are served for free to hotel guests. That made up for the food for me. Overall, I really enjoyed the stay. Next time I'll likely dine elsewhere or order out.

Room Tip: If you want quiet ask for a room away from the lounge and above the first floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Hi Amy S.

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review, we appreciate all feedback. I am glad you enjoyed our hotel, our hardwood floors, and our Complimentary Tuesday Night Managers Reception. The reception is done every Tuesday from 5pm - 6pm, and we usually have a good turn out and alot of fun. I was troubled by the comments about your dining experience. Please call me directly so I can make arrangements for dinner on me on your next visit. I know we are capable of getting it right and making it right.

Thank you again. Safe Travels.

716.689.4414
Schenectady
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

The hotel was clean and the staff helpful but both days the showers were cold. Beds are also pretty hard but staff told me that they use the same beds in all Hiltons. If you are used to sleeping on memory foam the beds will seem hard to you. Loved the Paula's Donuts buffet in the lobby! Anyone going to Buffalo check out Paula's Donuts!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Hello Michael M.

Thank you for writing your review. I agree with your liking of Paula's Donuts, they truly are a local favorite! Yes our beds are Hilton approved. I can see if you are accustomed to are a memory foam mattress our's may in fact seem to be on the firm side. I am unsure of your actual stay date however we did have a block of 4 rooms which recently experienced a hot water valve issue which has been located and repaired. Thank you for helping us determine there was in fact a problem and we hope you will stay with us on your next visit.

Safe Travels,