DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Amherst
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I don't travel much, but when I do I always do my research. This place was great to stay and close to everything I needed. Had a king size bed that was huge, and super comfortable! The bathroom was also a pretty big size, and looked pretty new. The free cookie and wifi were great. And I loved there was a bar downstairs, a nice place to relax at the end of the day. Definitely would stay here again if I go back to Buffalo!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst

Reviewed 3 August 2014

The room was good and spacious. The staff was very nice. The elevator was a bit sketchy - very creaky and scary sounding. The pool was excellent. My only complaint would be that breakfast was not included. We are Hilton Honors members and at all the other member hotels breakfast has always been included. So we didn't even think to question it when making the reservations. Had we known we would have looked elsewhere - in the end, this is on us!

(Room Wi-Fi was free with our Honors membership)

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We had a room with a entry to an adjacent room. We could hear the other room clearly. Sound insulation was terrible. They have put some kind of hard wood flooring down and you could hear every sound from the adjacent room's. I would recommend exploring other options in this area.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2014

For being so close to the airport, its very quiet. There isn't much around, so don't expect to get anywhere by foot, but the shuttle is always ready and waiting to take you to the surprisingly ample array of restaurants in Amherst, The rooms are basically Doubletree, perfectly pleasant, a little small, I would have liked a minibar, but the beds are comfy, the sheets and towels clean, and its nice and quiet. I was there to sit the NY Bar Exam, so i was a little worried I wouldn't get the sleep or the quiet study time I needed, but I was not disturbed in the slightest by the aircraft from nearby Buffalo Airport, or the highway, or even the other guests. The highlight for me was the staff, all friendly, eager to help, ready with a food recommendation and very accommodating in every respect. Just for them, I might come back if I'm in the area. They are a real credit to the property.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a baseball tournament. Had to sign a waiver about the kids behavor and what would and wouldn't be tolerated in the hotel, thought that was great. Thought things would be regulated. Not really. Our room was directly opposite a banquet room which was being used (hallway was small). Wasn't in use the entire time but when it was it was noisy. Could hear the noise from the bar in the front. There was always noise coming from the hallway traffic, myself and the entire family had extremely poor sleep. Others from the team further down were by the laundry where the staff sang at all hours of the night. Horrible for sleeping. Rooms were small. Nicely decorated, but that wasn't why we were there. Pool and hot tub looked nice but older kids (14-16) came in and took over both locations, parents did nothing. Way over the maximum capacity. Those kids also knocked over man trying to get into the hot tub who had a leg brace on. Kids were everywhere. I had to police the pool and physically take the ball they stole from my son. Only when the pay duty police officer started doing his rounds on the saturday night did things start to calm down (after 10 pm). I have stayed in different hotels over the years in Buffalo for half the price. Way better value for money and way better for sleeping. First time we ever stayed at a Double Tree. Will be our last.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2014

What a nice , clean hotel. the staff and service were excellent and the cookies were to scrumptious.... Having never traveled to buffalo we were not sure what to expect but was extremely happy with our accommodations and the surrounding area of the hotel.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

The small sink area did not accommodate toiletries for 3 individuals. Room was small for luggage of 3 individuals, as well. Did not like that the bulk of the room had no carpeting. Would have preferred a more private dressing area where the sink was situated for dressing and undressing. The air conditioning was very loud. We went down to eat on Sunday night before the closing time and had to get back in our car and drive somewhere to eat (due to the coming storm) because we were told the kitchen closed early that day.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Travellers also viewed these Amherst hotels
Hyatt Place Buffalo / Amherst
Candlewood Suites Hotel Buffalo / Amherst
Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst
Buffalo Marriott Niagara
Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Amherst
Red Roof PLUS+ University at Buffalo Amherst

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst

Address: 10 Flint Rd, Amherst, NY 14226-1047 (Formerly Hotel Indigo Buffalo Amherst)
Region: United States > New York > Amherst
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#4 Business Hotel in Amherst
#5 Family Hotel in Amherst
Price Range: £92 - £141 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst 3.5*
The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst welcomes you with an innovative blend of contemporary design and traditional hospitality. Conveniently located just off I-290 in Amherst, NY, the hotel is between downtown Buffalo and beautiful Niagara Falls. Park your vehicle in the hotel parking lot and fly from our suburban, northeast Buffalo hotel, just 10 minutes from Buffalo International Airport. Drive less than one mile to the University of Buffalo North Campus (SUNY) and only minutes to shopping, dining, and entertainment. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hotel Indigo Amherst