“Just the Price was Right”

Motel 6 Buffalo - Amherst
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Amherst
Providence, Rhode Island
“Just the Price was Right”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

This Motel 6 was cheap,we went there as we came from MA.for the Pats-Bills game.The staff was very nice,but we stayed 2 days the 2nd day they did not make over the room or give us towels,we had to ask.We do not expect too much from Motel 6,but no towels and dirty room is inexcuseable.

Room Tip: Cheap dont expect much .Rooms didnt clean
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lou Z

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 7 September 2013

WAS CLEAN BUT VERY SMALL NO FRILLS BUT COMPLIMENTARY COFFEE IN MORNING

Pricey for what you get but hey we are used to large corporate owned chains not independents

room was very small a no dressers etc just counters, there was a spot for fridge but was conspicuously missing. And dont forget your shampoo and conditioner when coming here as there are no complimentary ones to be had. Price difference to the accommodations we usually stay in was less than 30 dollars but huge difference value wise. Worked but not what we hoped. We were travelling with a collector car on trailer so I thought that the slogan that we will leave an light on 4 you worked for me in the parking lot, we strategically parked under lights but found in the middle of the night they were shut off (funny)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank biguglybeardedguy
Canada
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Good things: new laminate flooring instead of unsanitary carpeting, refreshed paint and decor, comfortable mattress, reasonable price, good location.

Bad things: Poor housekeeping. Hair bits and dust bunnies on floors, gross stain on bedspread.

Not likely to be a return guest unless the housekeeping reviews improve.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Amherst hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel on August 11th for one night. That was more than enough. The signs outside of the hotel advertise "New Rooms." That's false advertisement. The hotel is a complete dump! The place is so old, there isn't even an elevator! When I checked-in at the front desk, I was told that all of the Internet codes were given out and to come back later for one. When I returned later, I was told there were plenty of codes, but the previous front desk clerk didn't know what he was doing. I went ahead and paid $2.99 for very slow Internet service.

When I arrived at my room, I noticed a horrible stench in the hallway on the 2nd floor (after carrying my bags up a flight of steps). When I entered the room, it reeked of cigarette smoke. I called down to the front desk, no answer, so I went down and asked. I was told they were full, so I had to stay in a smoking room. That was the start of my problems. The TV had no channels working. The front desk clerk had to come to the room twice to replace the cable before it worked. The screen on the one square foot window that opened had a huge hole in it. It was conveniently located above the hotel's laundry room where everyone congregated to smoke! The laminate flooring in the room was absolutely filthy. The bottoms of my feet turned black just walking across the room. There were clumps of hair and debris all around the small table with rusted legs in the center of the room. The tub didn't have any stopper or switch to fill it with water, just a big hole where the lever would be. The counter tops were spray painted with a tacky looking black and white treatment. There was a very large dog in the room that barked throughout the night. I went to Walgreen's and purchased a container of Febreeze and used it on the room. That didn't help! I woke up with a sore throat from the cigarette smell. The room didn't even have an alarm clock or iron/ironing board. The only compliment I can muster at this time is when the TV was working, it was a pretty nice flat screen TV.

My advice is to stay away from this property. I will never stay there again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Dear Mark B - Thank you for sharing your review. We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the service, odor, TV maintenance and cleanliness issues in your room. These issues are certainly not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we kindly encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Stayed at the Motel 6, Millersport Hwy, from July 18 through July 22 with my mom while we were in town for a family reunion. I had stayed at this Motel 6 same time last year with my husband and we thought it was a great room for the cost. This year I was surprised to see that they had made some significant upgrades to the rooms. All rooms (and hallways) have gotten a fresh coat of paint, new and more contemporary bed linens, wood laminate flooring, new fixtures in the bathrooms and a decent sized flat screen TV. We stayed on the 1st floor facing McGregors. The parking lot did get a bit noisy Saturday night and I think some of the bar's patrons parked in the motel spots which was an inconvenience as my mom cannot walk far and parking outside our sliding glass door was helpful for her. The front desk staff were very nice and helpful. This Motel 6 is in a safe and convenient area of town very close to restaurants and shopping. Will probably stay here again for next years reunion.

Room Tip: Rooms on the West side facing Mcgregors and Friendly's can get noisy on the weekends.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 19 July 2013

If you like drugs and drug addicts and drug dealing and prostitutes, this is the place to go. Not only do these people live in the hotel and use it as a place of business, but some of the staff is involved in drug dealing as well. Don't feel safe with your things...in my 9 day stay the only time maids entered my room was when I specifically requested NOT to have room service. The security on the first floor is a joke. The management is a joke. On the day they had me escorted from the building by police, my garbage had not been emptied for days and I had no clean towels so I put them all out in the hall... The maid did come to the door that day -- in fact within a few minutes, and told me to bring everything back in the room, and that I couldn't put things in the hall... Mind you I was directly across from the laundry room; it was about a 10 second effort for her to pick them up and put them in the laundry. I have also stayed in many hotels in the last 18 months, and have often put dishes from room service, towels, garbage pails, etc. in the hall ... and the staff takes care of it. Here they can't be bothered. When I refused to bring my trash and towels back in, she had the front desk call... I told them they should do their job, and things would not end up in the hall... The dialog escalated and I did let out an explicative, which is apparently enough for them to get me evicted, and to waste the time of the police. When all was said and done I called Motel 6 corporate, and they refused to help saying I should call the manager... who conveniently never returns a call and is never in. This will turn me off from ever staying at a Motel 6 again... just ridiculous. Read the bad reviews and avoid this motel.

Room Tip: Don't go here unless you like drugs and prostitution.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Richard_travelphoto
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Buffalo - Amherst, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Dear Richard_travelphoto - We apologize for your negative experience and ask that you please contact our guest relations department to report the incident you described so we can investigate the matter and better serve you and all our guests in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
North Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 4 July 2013

My husband and I made a trip to Niagara Falls in July. Being the 4th, most hotels motels Inns etc were full up or had jacked up their prices for this area...after doing much research on reviews for Motel 6, we decided to book the one in Amherst NY @ 4400 Maple Dr. I called this hotel DIRECTLY and told them for medical reasons I needed a fridge in my room, I was assured that was no problem! Upon arriving and checking into our room noticing NO FRIDGE I went to front desk directly, and was told there are only 4 fridges for the whole hotel! Someone was checking out and that refrigerator would be brought to our room by 3:30. We went for a ride to explore the area and returned at 4:30...STILL no fridge in room so back to front desk to be told the people decided to stay and we would NOT get the promised necessary fridge, instead they would be able to put medicine in employees fridge!!!!!!!! Would you trust your life line medicine in an employees lounge fridge???????? I was not willing to take that chance! I called Motel 6 Guest Relations Number spoke to a Ken K, who pretty much passed this problem back to this hotels front desk. Being fourth of July there are no more hotels with REASONABLE rates in this area...so we are stuck here But know this...if this medicine goes bad in the cooler we have and is used because there is no way to tell it has gone bad, SOMEONE will wish they had NOT played this BAIT & SWITCH game just to get a booking! In addition the water pipes in bathroom can be shook on the wall and shower hear, faucet and water spout shake in your hand, right in the wall! There was pubic hair on side of tub (which I cleaned off with toilet paper) This place is a RIP OFF...no hairdryer, no coffee in room or lobby (only in morning) no iron, no board and NO NECESSARY REFRIDGERATOR!!!!!!

Room Tip: Too Cold, Too Dark
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple